• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Look at France.
    France has one of the better health systems in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Where do all of you people work, on a farm? Your employer's insurance co should be negotiating lower rates for doctor's visits and we're given a certain amount of money by the corporation that's put into our HSA.
      :
      My wife works for the hospital. Our deductible is very high (Although in truth I don’t mind that as we are generally pretty healthy and I’d guess in most years our payout for visits is less than what the higher premium would be for a smaller deductible.

Who is given money for their HSA? The only funds we have in there is what we choose to put in in pre-tax dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        France has one of the better health systems in the world
        I know. That's why I want to look at it.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          My wife works for the hospital. Our deductible is very high (Although in truth I don’t mind that as we are generally pretty healthy and I’d guess in most years our payout for visits is less than what the higher premium would be for a smaller deductible.

Who is given money for their HSA? The only funds we have in there is what we choose to put in in pre-tax dollars.
          I think my employer puts like $500 in if I max out

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I know. That's why I want to look at it.
            I like how they strike the balance between private and public sector. Many have a copayment which I think is good as long as it’s affordable.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

We get $600 straight up annually in our HSA
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Who has good benefits these days? Seems like most are high deductible - I basically don’t get medical care because I don’t want to shell out $450 to chat with a doc for a few minutes
                I do, but we fight our azz off every contract negotiation to keep them.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Part of the health insurance* problem in the US is that it became an "employee benefit" and not something that you were personally responsible for.

Discuss.

*The second problem is there: insurance is not care; care is not insurance. Let's use the right term in the right context.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Part of the health insurance* problem in the US is that it became an "employee benefit" and not something that you were personally responsible for.

Discuss.
                    Attaching "personal responsibility" to something that is, more often than not, beyond our own control, is asinine.

Yeah, I sure wasn't responsible when my genetics caused my eyesight to be poor. And fark those irresponsible cancer patients.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Attaching "personal responsibility" to something that is, more often than not, beyond our own control, is asinine.

Yeah, I sure wasn't responsible when my genetics caused my eyesight to be poor. And fark those irresponsible cancer patients.
                      Illustrates my point perfectly.
                      I agree it shouldn’t be provided by employers. It also shouldn’t be personal responsibility.

Comment

I get $1,500 per year in my HSA from my new employer, old one gave nothing in the HSA but cost of medical was about $1,000/yr less.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

News flash: Life isn't fair.

The "beyond our own control" is a questionable criteria: I can't control a drunk driver from wiping out my car.
                          Should we have universal auto insurance because car accidents are "beyond our own control"?

Now, for my completely heartless statement:
                          Some cancer patients, well, frankly, I don't pity self-inflicted wounds. Keep suckin' down cancer sticks and then act surprised.

And the person with the "bad genetic draw"? Please don't challenge me on that. I carry ΔF508 and R117H (7T). I've been very lucky ... so far.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            And the latest FBI texts include 'wants to know everything we're doing.'
                            Oops. It seems your boy can't tell the difference between a bombshell and his ***.

Comment

Should we have universal auto insurance because car accidents are "beyond our own control"?
                              We do. It's mandatory to carry liability insurance for being on the road in every state and country I've ever been in.

Comment

News flash: Life isn't fair.
                                So that excuses you being a selfish dickwad along with the rest of your Republican...err...Fark Independent(tm) crew?

Comment

Working...
                                X