Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Sitting in Sioux Falls watching on my phone and routing for both 4s to make it. Sorry it ended that way.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
      I am so proud of this team. They owned Notre Dame down the stretch of the 1st OT. This was a Championship capable team. It always takes a little puck luck to win the championship. In this case, it was lying on the goal line. Oh my gosh. Great game.
      ND had the puck luck on their 1st goal too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to assign an error to Tech's goaltender too. When the puck came into Tech's zone he stopped the first shot with the body, the puck dropped in front of him and he panicked and swatted it into the corner with his stick. With one of your guys with no stick the last thing you want is to keep it alive in your zone.
        By all rights he should have gotten the glove on it and stopped the play so all his guys would have had lumber. Faceoff in your zone would have been the lesser of two evils.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-23-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          Melrose is an embarrassment to all hockey.. honestly can't ESPN get someone other than a washed up has been coach/ mediocre player to do their broadcasts??
          Honestly the best broadcast duo ESPN had was Allen Bestwick and Colby Cohen two years ago. Allen Bestwick and Billy Jaffe last year was almost as good.

Buccigross and Melrose are insufferable.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Can't really say that a team that led for all of 2 mins the entire game deserved to win it. I thought our faceoffs were shaky from midway through the 3rd period on, and Auk and Birks made some bad decisions with their passes.

Sucks to lose the way we did. Best of luck to the seniors.

Hopefully Reinke and Luchinni stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Aw, c'mon. You don't like a guy who SCREAMS "SHOT!!!!" every time someone lines up to shoot??

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Honestly the best broadcast duo ESPN had was Allen Bestwick and Colby Cohen two years ago. Allen Bestwick and Billy Jaffe last year was almost as good.

do they ever do any prep work for the games? Melrose always sounds like he walked in from the street and sat down and started talking. Bucci is almost as bad. I bet most of our college announcers are better than those two.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  do they ever do any prep work for the games? Melrose always sounds like he walked in from the street and sat down and started talking. Bucci is almost as bad. I bet most of our college announcers are better than those two.
                  Of course. Buccigross has already told us THREE TIMES in the first five minutes that Clarkson has "beaten Providence twice this year." Excellent preparation...hey, if you like someone who talks continuously, you've found your guy!

Comment

I can tolerate Bucci in small doses. Melrose is always insufferable everytime he opens his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I have to assign an error to tech's goaltender too. When the puck cane into Tech's zone he stopped the first shot with the body, the puck dropped in front of him and he panicked and swatted it into the corner with his stick. With one of your guys with no stick the last thing you want is to keep it alive in your zone.
                      By all rights he should have gotten the glove on it and stopped the play so all his guys would have had lumber. Faceoff in your zone would have been the lesser of two evils.
                      I can't disagree with this assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I can tolerate Bucci in small doses.
                        Apparently so can Adrienne Lawrence...

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          prep work? prep work??? we don't need no stinkin' prep work..

Melrose sounds drunk and stoned all at the same time. And had been that way for as long as I've been listening to him do the NCAA tourney... Can't get the players names right half the time.. the other half has no clue which teams are actually in the game he's doing...

Comment

Watch out!!! Watch out!!!! Here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the season guys, coaches, staff,... This season was an amazing roller coaster ride. I wish the seniors and those that may have opportunities outside of Tech the best of luck with their chosen careers.

We have terrible luck in the NCAAs, oh well. The guys played a great game and have nothing to hang their head about.

Comment

Melrose has those amazing moments:

“The golden Gophers have never won a national championship”
                                Hmm that didn’t sound right..., even Barry senses it.

“In hockey”
                                Yeah, that’s better.

I wish my gopher brother was listening.
                                Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                                X