Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    When you come here, Soumi & Roy’s in Houghton andvToni’s up in Calumet are the best!
    Save the Duomi for breakfast. If you can make it up to Toni's its worth the trip. Otherwise you won't go wrong at Roy's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Just wondering how that Continental Fire Company advertised in the Tech games on WCHA tv is rated. Can Anyone comment.

Not a single mention of tLibrary, boy how things have changed. Last time there beer was excellent. Used to be the go to place after the hockey games.

At the Northern series last year, we did pre-game at KBC, a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Just wondering how that Continental Fire Company advertised in the Tech games on WCHA tv is rated. Can Anyone comment.

Not a single mention of tLibrary, boy how things have changed. Last time there beer was excellent. Used to be the go to place after the hockey games.

I haven't heard anything about The Library since the ownership change. Has anyone been there?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

Mrs W and I stopped at the CFC for the first time on Saturday after the game. It would have been an hour before we could get a table so we bagged it. I liked the feeling of it and the food we saw being served looked good. They have an upstairs area that was not open so we didnt see that. We will definitely try it again when we have more time, or at least plan our evening better. Sorry I couldn't review the food, hopefully someone here can.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Save the Duomi for breakfast. If you can make it up to Toni's its worth the trip. Otherwise you won't go wrong at Roy's.

What a great dilemma to have!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              What a great dilemma to have!
              Thanks! Looks like Suomi, Roy's and Ambassador are all within a mile of the hotel. So I will be sure to hit all those places! Looking forward to visiting. You guys are awesome. Appreciate all of the recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                Thanks! Looks like Suomi, Roy's and Ambassador are all within a mile of the hotel. So I will be sure to hit all those places! Looking forward to visiting. You guys are awesome. Appreciate all of the recommendations.
                To be fair... Houghton's not a big place. Most places aren't too far to get to
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

You have to include a stop at KBC

Side note what is going on with The Library? Is Jimmy C no longer the owner?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    You have to include a stop at KBC

Side note what is going on with The Library? Is Jimmy C no longer the owner?
                    A local can probably explain more, but I heard that they had some self inflicted liquor license issues, and that led to the business being sold. Also heard that the owners of the DT bought it. Probably shouldn't go into more detail based on 2nd hand knowledge though.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If I didn't say it last week, Kero played great. I hope that continues.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Cool town you all have here and very friendly people. Checked out the arena yesterday and liked what I saw, albeit briefly. Took a stroll (quickly as it is chilly outside!) down to Suomi's this morning. Great place. Looking forward to tonight. I did see one snow sculpture on campus. Wow, a lot of detail!

Comment

Cool town you all have here and very friendly people. Checked out the arena yesterday and liked what I saw, albeit briefly. Took a stroll (quickly as it is chilly outside!) down to Suomi's this morning. Great place. Looking forward to tonight. I did see one snow sculpture on campus. Wow, a lot of detail!
                            Glad you made it. Hopefully the Misfits and DaWGs provide an A+ game atmosphere for you. Enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              If I didn't say it last week, Kero played great. I hope that continues.
                              Agreed. It would be nice to have an average to above average netminder for the rest of the season.

Comment

It would be nice to have a good Friday night!

Go Huskies!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X