Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

That was a great game tonight. MTU deserved a better fate but that's hockey.

Great season none the less!

Already looking forward to next year!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

From a Providence supporter, I thought Michigan Tech outplayed Notre Dame all game but every break went the Fighting Irish way.

I was very surprised at how many supporters you guys brought too!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        Was it me or was Donohue are best d-man tonight.
        Not just you; Donohue was great. If Reinke stays, I'm feeling pretty good about our defense next year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          From a Providence supporter,
          You are a troll on the Providence thread, you are anything but a supporter. DOPE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            From a Providence supporter, I thought Michigan Tech outplayed Notre Dame all game but every break went the Fighting Irish way.

I was very surprised at how many supporters you guys brought too!
            Thanks for the kind words from you and from Ltsatch. You shouldn't be surprised though. Tech travels well, Even a 24 hour bus ride. Usually it's more. at Vegas there was about 2500 for us and about 500 from all the other teams combined.
            Tech is a Hockey first, last and always school. I think it's unfortunate the media portrays the WCHA like they do because it's inaccurate when they don't watch any games and discount the few they do watch.
            I like the guys from Providence, yourself included, but watching them is like watching paint dry.

I liked our game yesterday. We had as bb said lot's of chances, and we had them completely done in physically, it's just unfortunate that puck went in.
            I'm proud of the way we handled ourselves.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Great article in the South Bend newspaper about Coach Jackson and Coach Shawhan....

https://www.ndinsider.com/hockey/men...ticle-nav-next

Still hard to take this morning as a regional final would have been very fun against Providence. I think we would have had enough to get through to the frozen four.
              But, Tech's play made it a fun game to watch and it was anybody's game yesterday which says a lot about the Tech squad as well. Now hope all Huskies fans enjoy the summer and get ready for another fun ride next year....

Comment

I hate that y'all lost.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congrats on a great season and nothing to be ashamed of losing to the big and bad ND! You were the better team with more jump and juice but unfortunately the better team doesn't always win and in this case a couple of inches and broken blade. Since this is the first time seeing you, that first line was fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    I’m sure they do a lot of prep. One must remember that you have to prep for all four teams in your regional and for a sport you’ve not been covering live all year long. The other thing against the national guys, is nether one is the local guy we are used to, the one with the built in knowledge of our program and has seen & known the other team for years.

Terrific year Huskies! Congrats on a great effort in the NCAA!
                    Davy, I'd take you as a color guy over Melrose any time any place. I will grant you that these are games they normally don't do. And that there are a lot of unfamiliar names to learn. However, when it comes to who is playing the game on the ice, right down below them, Absolutely No excuse for not getting the teams right. The Golden Gophers were not playing it that game (and their fans would be surprised that to learn that according to Melrose they've never won a Championship?? lol). Northern Maine was not playing in that game (who?? What league do they play in??). Michigan State was not playing in that game...

C'mon pretty **** easy, requires No homework to know who the hell is playing in the game right in front of you... Melrose is a Tool!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Thanks for the kind words from you and from Ltsatch. You shouldn't be surprised though. Tech travels well, Even a 24 hour bus ride. Usually it's more. at Vegas there was about 2500 for us and about 500 from all the other teams combined.
                      Tech is a Hockey first, last and always school. I think it's unfortunate the media portrays the WCHA like they do because it's inaccurate when they don't watch any games and discount the few they do watch.
                      I like the guys from Providence, yourself included, but watching them is like watching paint dry.

I liked our game yesterday. We had as bb said lot's of chances, and we had them completely done in physically, it's just unfortunate that puck went in.
                      I'm proud of the way we handled ourselves.
                      yep, had our chances. Heads held high, Handled it with class. Can't wait for October to start the ride all over again.. Go Huskies!

Comment

Great season Huskies! Looking forward to next year!
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

And you know St Cloud has to be questioning themselves. they Never ever win in march. I think they should just find a way to quietly lose in the playoffs and be done because they can't win in March.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Wondering if Tommy Parrottino has The potential to be a similar Jake Jackson type of player.
                            I hope the Sharks do not come calling for JJ a.k.a Jacko...

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              Wondering if Tommy Parrottino has The potential to be a similar Jake Jackson type of player.
                              I hope the Sharks do not come calling for JJ a.k.a Jacko...
                              Hopefully the Sharks, and other teams, feel that Joe & Co. will do a good job preparing the guys for the next level and let them stay longer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                You don't get it. Like most of us Tech fans, he was being sarcastic.

If you didn't figure out, Marv is on the $%!t list for going to the other U of M, proclaiming that school was his "dream job", showed the program that he played college hockey for very little love on the way out the door, and appearing to poach recruits committed to Tech. It is going to take a while before we show Marv any kind of love on message boards.

'You can always tell a Minnesotan, but you can't tell them much.' Curt Hennig

Enough about that. It is game day. We have some golden domers to beat.

Let's go Tech!!
                                Here's some sarcasm...I didn't know that about Mel! Good to know!
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X