Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    The BC limelites come out because their rivals lost. Sad.
    What? I hope you don't think I'm a BU fan in disguise? lol No way, 111% A Gopher/B1G/Western college hockey fan.

But I got a lot of respect for schools like BC and BU and Maine, even though I cheer against them.

Was very happy to see NE win tonight.

Not going to cheer for HE come NCAA tourney time, but until then, better NE than BU/BC.

And Harvard folk think too highly of themselves without winning hockey games, I hope they lose every game they play, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      What? I hope you don't think I'm a BU fan in disguise? lol No way, 111% A Gopher/B1G/Western college hockey fan.

But I got a lot of respect for schools like BC and BU and Maine, even though I cheer against them.

Was very happy to see NE win tonight.

Not going to cheer for HE come NCAA tourney time, but until then, better NE than BU/BC.

And Harvard folk think too highly of themselves without winning hockey games, I hope they lose every game they play, lol.
      As Gerry Williams used to say (and those of you in Boston know who I'm talking about), "They're out there tonight!!!!"

Comment

Bc fan trying to control as always. Suck exhaust valve.

Comment

Congrats, Husky fans! You have been waiting a long time, and the team was determined to end the streak. I actually thought BU played well, they just couldn't keep the NU PP from scoring. That top line is fierce and should help you make some noise come March/April.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Bc fan trying to control as always. Suck exhaust valve.
            I know you are not accusing me of being a BC fan? lol OMG. Too funny.

Westerners think I'm JDubbs, and they are wrong, too. SCSU fans will ALL tell you I'm no BC fan.

I mean, what gives, you never had a western college hockey fan pay the Beanpot any attention before?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Congrats, Husky fans! You have been waiting a long time, and the team was determined to end the streak. I actually thought BU played well, they just couldn't keep the NU PP from scoring. That top line is fierce and should help you make some noise come March/April.
              I thought it was a really well-played game and BU was the slightly better team for most of the night but the NU PP is just so deadly. Solow tried to get it low to Gaudette with like 8 seconds left in the 2nd period and didn't connect and I thought "We'll have 90 seconds of PP time to start the 3rd". 4 seconds later the puck was in the net.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                I know you are not accusing me of being a BC fan? lol OMG. Too funny.

Westerners think I'm JDubbs, and they are wrong, too. SCSU fans will ALL tell you I'm no BC fan.

I mean, what gives, you never had a western college hockey fan pay the Beanpot any attention before?
                I am not shore what that means. But I will be willing to say you shouldn't have spent money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  I thought it was a really well-played game and BU was the slightly better team for most of the night but the NU PP is just so deadly. Solow tried to get it low to Gaudette with like 8 seconds left in the 2nd period and didn't connect and I thought "We'll have 90 seconds of PP time to start the 3rd". 4 seconds later the puck was in the net.
                  Completely agree. Outside of the putrid BU PK, I had little problem with how we played. The puck bounced your way more tonight and your PP was the clear difference. Put a healthy Harper and Greenway out there and it may have been closer, who knows.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I am not shore what that means. But I will be willing to say you shouldn't have spent money.
                    "I am not shore"? Is that a typing error or a way to make SURE I'm not an easterner? lol And no, I wouldn't pay 10 cents to watch eastern hockey. But when its free and I'm bored? Why not?

Btw, BU is/was ranked #19 in the PWR, was that NE's first Top 20 win of the season?

Comment

Sir: It's NU, not NE. And no.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Well, I'm not just a hockey fan, so some might refer to Nebraska as NU, which honestly doesn't make sense since the U should come before the N, but hey, its football, and bb, lots of Neanderthals follow those sports. So NE is simply how I identify your team, no disrespect meant. Some of my own Gopher fans do not like that I use UMn to identify us, as they feel we are UM. But I don't see how adding an n diminishes us? UM is Michigan, they were established first, its their right to claim that?! But I digress. No disrespect meant, its just how I identify you so I know who I am talking about. But so I don't **** any of you off, if you are NU, that's how I will identify your program from here on out. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          So you've beaten a Top 20 team other than BU?

Comment

So did the NU Doghouse plus alums and others save the Beanpot from an attendance nightmare?
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              So did the NU Doghouse plus alums and others save the Beanpot from an attendance nightmare?
                              i would say a resounding, yes.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats to the Huskies. Off the schneid at last.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X