This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Incidentally, interesting name for the arena (Oceanside Ice Arena). Just exactly which “ocean” is Tempe, AZ near??
    Last edited by chickod; 01-27-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      The eight goal margin of victory might be the largest since I've been a fan. I recall a few 9-2 wins and a 7-0 win, but no 8-goal wins. Maybe a question for Sean?
      Yesterday's game was the 120th in which BU outscored their opponent by at least 8 goals. The last time it happened was six years ago on 21 January 2012 when they defeated Providence at Schneider Arena by an identical 8-0 score. I have posted the complete list of games for those who are interested in looking at it.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Man, that was hard to watch.
        Go BU!

Comment

Well, not the prettiest of games, but a win is a win.
          - Thankful to have the stream for sure, but the lack of replays was a bummer. And the frequent switch to the camera at ice level inside the left blue line was more of a distraction. I had to keep resetting my perspective.
          - Ice time for the 3rd and 4th lines was very limited in the second half of the game. Of course all the special teams situations didn't help.
          - What was the deal with two penalties at the same time against BU late in the third? I wasn't paying attention and all of a sudden they say it's going to be 5-on-3.
          - It hurt losing Tkachuk for such a long stretch for his misconduct. We need him out there regularly, with the way he has picked up his game.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            There were a couple big blowouts of Denver (I think) at WBA in the early 90's, something like 9-0 and 11-1. I think the BU fans cheered for Denver when they finally got a goal on the second night.
            I think Chris Bise played in one of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Yesterday's game was the 120th in which BU outscored their opponent by at least 8 goals. The last time it happened was six years ago on 21 January 2012 when they defeated Providence at Schneider Arena by an identical 8-0 score. I have posted the complete list of games for those who are interested in looking at it.

Sean
              This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Well, not the prettiest of games, but a win is a win.

- What was the deal with two penalties at the same time against BU late in the third? I wasn't paying attention and all of a sudden they say it's going to be 5-on-3.
                Crotty and Diffley both got holding penalties. Precedent was set with the triple minor/misconduct call earlier.

And Tyler Busch...oy. At least they slapped him with an unsportsmanlike and misconduct at the end of the game. Probably just for his body of work tonight.

The pucks out of play, penalties, nets off, weird offsides...they play a different game in the desert.
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.
                  They beat Providence the day before or after 7–1 in Boston too
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That rink is a funhouse. The ceiling is so **** low that anything remotely high is out of play. The nets are barely stuck on with tiny pins and the ASU goalie definitely "accidentally" knocked it off multiple times early in the game during long periods of BU pressure. Three times in the first four minutes of the game. Both teams gooned it up, a dumb game overall. Glad to get a W without Krys and Harper and so many guys out for long penalties. The major PP occurred with our full top line in the box. The officials had no control of the game nor knew certain rules.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

That was the longest 60-minute game I’ve ever sat through. I was seriously worried I was going to miss my red eye flight!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Hmmmm....that's a long way from China. Is this job golf-related or something else? Are you previewing the course for the European tour?
                        something else
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

boys moved up to #23 now in pwr!!!! look at that improvement
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            Eight of those 120 games came in the 1970-71 NCAA championship season. Included three wins by 10 or more.
                            Averaged a 7-2 win (210GF,60GA) for the entire season. Easily the most dominant BU team of all time.
                            http://goterriers.com/documents/2017...ll.pdf?id=2886 (pg.97)
                            Last edited by Rogie21; 01-28-2018, 11:23 AM.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              That rink is a funhouse. The ceiling is so **** low that anything remotely high is out of play. The nets are barely stuck on with tiny pins and the ASU goalie definitely "accidentally" knocked it off multiple times early in the game during long periods of BU pressure. Three times in the first four minutes of the game. Both teams gooned it up, a dumb game overall. Glad to get a W without Krys and Harper and so many guys out for long penalties. The major PP occurred with our full top line in the box. The officials had no control of the game nor knew certain rules.
                              Hope you had a good trip out, Brass. Last night was a goofy game all around. I have no idea what the deal was with the goals coming off all night. I have never seen that. Makes me wonder if the ice was soft. Outside air temps can really impact that old building. Fortunately for us, we finally have some movement towards our new rink for 2020-21. Maybe you all can come back out when that is done. Enjoyed chatting with some of your fans. Had a nice older gentleman in our section who travels all around watching the team. It was fun talking college pucks and being a born and raised Vermonter, it was fun hearing that this daughter went to UVM. Best of luck to BU the rest of the way out. The Beanpot has always been appointment watching for me and look forward to that coming up. Lastly, ASU is coming to your place next year, maybe I can talk my wife into going back ... Again, good luck the rest of the way out!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                                Hope you had a good trip out, Brass. Last night was a goofy game all around. I have no idea what the deal was with the goals coming off all night. I have never seen that. Makes me wonder if the ice was soft. Outside air temps can really impact that old building. Fortunately for us, we finally have some movement towards our new rink for 2020-21. Maybe you all can come back out when that is done. Enjoyed chatting with some of your fans. Had a nice older gentleman in our section who travels all around watching the team. It was fun talking college pucks and being a born and raised Vermonter, it was fun hearing that this daughter went to UVM. Best of luck to BU the rest of the way out. The Beanpot has always been appointment watching for me and look forward to that coming up. Lastly, ASU is coming to your place next year, maybe I can talk my wife into going back ... Again, good luck the rest of the way out!
                                Hopefully you will come twice and only play one game a year against us
                                Schedule is bad enough with 2 exhibition games

Comment

Working...
                                X