X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:27 - Whites and Pink Starbursts Inquire Within

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    There's one big point that's being missed with the left's argument about the PPACA and "decreasing the number of insured": How many of them actually wanted insurance in the first place?
    Probably more than not. But regardless...there is a high cost to society - which means FlagDUDE08 - of masses of uninsured.

For anyone who's health fails...they both become dependent on the state and stop paying taxes. Believe me the costs of health insurance for all is actually a bargain for society so we can keep large numbers of our citizens productive - and therefore putting much greater sums of money into the pot than the relatively minor costs we're talking about here.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Probably more than not. But regardless...there is a high cost to society - which means FlagDUDE08 - of masses of uninsured.

For anyone who's health fails...they both become dependent on the state and stop paying taxes. Believe me the costs of health insurance for all is actually a bargain for society so we can keep large numbers of our citizens productive - and therefore putting much greater sums of money into the pot than the relatively minor costs we're talking about here.
      No, no, no. Medical Bankruptcy is the answer. Trust me.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        So

Banks should work for free?

Did you or your doctors ever charge?

How else could rover afford his south shore mansion and 12 kids?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I figured Bourbon was the biggest expense
        A few points of clarification:

I'm in Metro West not the South Shore

I'm legally only responsible for 2 of the 12 kids.

Otherwise, you guys are scarily accurate! Its freaking me out.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          A few points of clarification:

I'm in Metro West not the South Shore

I'm legally only responsible for 2 of the 12 kids.

Otherwise, you guys are scarily accurate! Its freaking me out.
          Framingham makes Malden look nice. Natick's kinda neat, though.

Is Waltham too far east to be part of MetroWest?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Who keeps large balances in their checking acct that this would even matter??

Savings accounts, CDs, money market accounts, etc. Any interest paying account.

Comment

The Stock Market is at an all time high.

According to the World Bank, 769 million people lived on less than $1.90 a day in 2013; they are the world’s very poorest. Of these, 3.2 million live in the United States, and 3.3 million in other high-income countries (most in Italy, Japan and Spain).
              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/24/o...imes&smtyp=cur

The title of the opinion piece is "The U.S. Can No Longer Hide From Its Deep Poverty Problem". Oh, yes it can. I know it can. It does every single day.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Metro west is a pretty large area although probably not officially defined I'd say its Middlesex County mostly. Essex County = North Shore. Plymouth County = South Shore. I'm not 100% sure where Middlesex ends and Norfolk County begins however.

I'm inside of 128 however, so no Framingham, Natick or Waltham. About a mile or so away from Mitt Romney's old house before he scrammed to Utah.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

This is fascinating. Maybe Trump should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4L1...&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    "Hey, America, I wanted to be part of the process and speak the truth, but my lawyers told me I can't do that! The swamp is preventing me from telling you the real news. Too bad they are broadcasting fake news like CNN!"

He's playing this perfectly, which is really sad.
                    That might work with the 38%ers but that is about it. If he ends up under oath and doesnt answer a question he will look even more guilty than he does now.

You dont play chicken this way...his lawyers (even the stupid ones) must be (bleeping) bricks right now. You dont put yourself in position to be interviewed let alone talk about it publicly.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 01-25-2018, 10:07 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'd say Waltham is too far north to be Metrowest. The worst parts of Framingham are like Malden, but the nicest parts of Framingham were suitable for non-HOFer Roger Clemens. Natick? A poor man'supper middle class man's Weston. We knew some people who moved to Natick. They were very quick to emphasize that they were "almost in Wellesley."

Definition of Metrowest is kind of arbitrary, but the eastern border of mine would be Route 128, and the Mass Pike would have to run through your town for it to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Saved from typing. Add that families tend to also decrease income (therefore pay taxes on less) because they end up staying home to care for the patient. Aaaaand if they are broken enough the pt also ends up on SSDI and drawing a monthly check to help them. Yes they paid into it but unless they paid in for yrs it is unlikely they contributed the amount they draw out. All because we weren't willing to invest in prevention or early treatment. But hey, everyone has rights- except those people who end up supporting those who weren't responsible for themselves.

Comment

Oh, since we're talking about insurance. With the ACA you are allowed in the individual market up to a certain age to get the coveted catastrophic policy where nothing is covered until you hit your ~7,000 or so deductible and then everything after that is covered. Basically.

It's still $140 dollars a month where I live. That ain't chump change.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Saved from typing. Add that families tend to also decrease income (therefore pay taxes on less) because they end up staying home to care for the patient. Aaaaand if they are broken enough the pt also ends up on SSDI and drawing a monthly check to help them. Yes they paid into it but unless they paid in for yrs it is unlikely they contributed the amount they draw out. All because we weren't willing to invest in prevention or early treatment. But hey, everyone has rights- except those people who end up supporting those who weren't responsible for themselves.
                            You want to look at prevention, that's accomplished through education, not forcing people to buy something. Even if you forced them to buy into the health coverage, there's no guarantee they're going to actually take preventive steps. And even if they do, the wait times end up being so high to even be seen, especially in urban areas, so they end up just compounding the original problem.

Comment

WASHINGTON — The White House is about to formally offer Democrats what it hopes will be an excruciating choice.

If Democrats want permanent relief for young immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children, including President Trump’s promise of eventual citizenship, they will have to accept a massive border wall and strict policies designed to block low-skilled immigrants from joining their families in America.

The legislative strategy is set to be released publicly on Monday. It is designed to exert maximum pressure on Democrats, who are desperate to protect the young immigrants, known as Dreamers, but who fiercely oppose the conservative immigration policies embraced by hard-line, anti-immigration activists like Stephen Miller, the president’s top domestic policy adviser in the White House.
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...mlukp=WT.mc_id

The Republicans and Trump will win this round too.

Comment

From Twitter:

Joe Kaesar: “I work for Siemens”

Trump: “He says he works for Siemens but he’s the *President* of Siemens”

Joe Kaesar: “Don’t you work for your country?”
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X