Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Good God most 6th graders write better than him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Pat B on the Middle East and the War Party

https://buchanan.org/blog/how-the-wa...le-east-130897
      Hack piece of journalism. Joe, can you disagree that this is total tripe?

Pat takes a questionable move on Trumps part (vacating the middle east), absolves him of any blame by tying that outcome to other presidents, up plays Obamas role (never mind BO inherited everything)...and then titles the article 'how the war party lost the middle east'.

1. Republicans have always been 100% to blame for the debacle in the middle east. Bush even said 'history will judge me'. Many Democrats refused to give him authorization. Pretty much all Republicans did.

2. In 2003, about 60% of liberals opposed invading Iraq. Only 27% of conservatives did. https://news.gallup.com/poll/7699/bl...-invasion.aspx

3. ISIS came from Iraq's chaos and American occupation of Muslim holy ground. What is Obama supposed to do? Allow for another OBL?

Pat Buchanan is given credit for some positive opinions on global policy. But he's as steeped in fake news as Anne Coulter.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Yes let’s go on about Obama, while barely mentioning who got us into this crap in the first place.

Joe should be ashamed for posting such a pile of crap

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Yes let’s go on about Obama, while barely mentioning who got us into this crap in the first place.

Joe should be ashamed for posting such a pile of crap
          So it is a bad idea to get out of a bad idea?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            What you posted was a biased, ill written piece of crap. I don’t take any of what he says seriously esp. based on how this piece is written.

And no you can’t just decide to pull out in two weeks and call it a day. That’s not how it should happen

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              What you posted was a biased, ill written piece of crap. I don’t take any of what he says seriously esp. based on how this piece is written.

And no you can’t just decide to pull out in two weeks and call it a day. That’s not how it should happen
              Just pull out is joe's answer to all problems

Comment

What part of the pottery barn rule did the GOP not understand?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

At this point? Yes, it is. We can't stir up a ****storm, muddle around in it for a period of time, and then walk away to let the pieces fall where they may. We inserted ourselves and need to see it through to the end. We didn't do that in Vietnam, and it's quickly becoming our MO throughout the world. That's not what a leader's reputation should be - can be - if we want to continue holding on to our reputation as a world leader.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

What does that have to do with the article? Its purpose was to absolve the president and GOP of all blame for the current mess and any of its outcome.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      What does that have to do with the article? Its purpose was to absolve the president and GOP of all blame for the current mess and any of its outcome.
                      Ding ding ding

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Howd you feel when Obama followed the US-Iraqi agreed upon plan, negotiated by the Bush administration, to draw down our troops in Iraq, and be gone by a specific date?

Something tells me you were against it.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          Just pull out is joe's answer to all problems
                          Doesn't work all that well.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Howd you feel when Obama followed the US-Iraqi agreed upon plan, negotiated by the Bush administration, to draw down our troops in Iraq, and be gone by a specific date?

Something tells me you were against it.
                            Nope. I've become more isolationist in my old age. And the adage of never getting involved in a land war in Asia is very true.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nope. I've become more isolationist in my old age. And the adage of never getting involved in a land war in Asia is very true.
                              There's nothing wrong with being a member of the global community. Much of our standard of living is based on it. On the other hand, we can have a backbone towards those that invade independent countries (Russia) while not invading independent countries for no reason ourselves (Iraq).

Along with the economy, conservatives are just pretty bad at this stuff.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Is Donald going to say anything about the American the Russians have captured and are holding? Officials think he was taken to exchange for Maria butina

Comment

Working...
                                X