Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I'm pretty sure Trump thinks the James Bond series is a documentary on foreign relations, so I give it a pass.
    JFK loved Bond.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      JFK loved Bond.
      Of course

Bond shagged everything that moved
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Speaking of, he's picked some really sh*tty movies in the last 5 years or so.

Wait, isn't this the Foreign Policy thread?
        Addams Family/Values was casting gold. You could tell every actor on that set was having the time of their lives. Plus it spawned one of the greatest pinball games of all time

Street Fighter II was for his kids - he knew it would probably be his last role and his kids were big fans of the game.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Of course

Bond shagged everything that moved
          Oddjob? I . . . didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Goldfinger was 1964. That would be necrophilia.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Obligatory SNL clip: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzvktk
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Addams Family/Values was casting gold. You could tell every actor on that set was having the time of their lives. Plus it spawned one of the greatest pinball games of all time

Street Fighter II was for his kids - he knew it would probably be his last role and his kids were big fans of the game.
                I think he meant Bardem...Julia died in 1994
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What do you guys think of Matt Bai? I'm not a very sophisticated consumer of political writing, but there are times when he seems especially good. Sometimes not so much. His latest column makes some interesting observations about the recent trend in many countries, including here, toward nationalism.

But Gaddis told me that he now looks at the Cold War as a kind of brief intermission in the longer drama of world events, which is driven less by heady ideology than by nationalist identity and absolutism.

What we’re actually moving toward, in other words, is a continuation of exactly where we had been heading for centuries before the advent of nuclear weapons forced the world to temporarily divide between ideological spheres of influence. We’re going back to the time of czars and kings ensconced behind walls of ethnic pride.

“What’s happening now,” Gaddis said, “is a pretty widespread, fast-moving backlash against internationalism.”

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I think he meant Bardem...Julia died in 1994
                    It explains the lack of good roles.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What do you guys think of Matt Bai? I'm not a very sophisticated consumer of political writing, but there are times when he seems especially good. Sometimes not so much. His latest column makes some interesting observations about the recent trend in many countries, including here, toward nationalism.

But Gaddis told me that he now looks at the Cold War as a kind of brief intermission in the longer drama of world events, which is driven less by heady ideology than by nationalist identity and absolutism.

What we’re actually moving toward, in other words, is a continuation of exactly where we had been heading for centuries before the advent of nuclear weapons forced the world to temporarily divide between ideological spheres of influence. We’re going back to the time of czars and kings ensconced behind walls of ethnic pride.

“What’s happening now,” Gaddis said, “is a pretty widespread, fast-moving backlash against internationalism.”
                      Off topic!
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Off topic!
                        Shyt, you're right. Sorry.

Comment

Shyt, you're right. Sorry.
                          You just needed to mix it with Puerto Rican actors and you'd have been fine.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            You just needed to mix it with Puerto Rican actors and you'd have been fine.
                            Gladly:

What do you guys think Gotta of Matt Bai? I'm not a very sophisticated consumer of political writing, love but there are times when he seems how especially good. Sometimes not so much. His latest column makes some interesting observations about the recent trend in many countries, including here, toward nationalism.

But Gaddis told me that Rosie he now looks at the Cold War as a kind of brief intermission in the Perez longer drama of world events, which is driven less by heady ideology than by nationalist identity and absolutism.

What we’re actually moving can toward, in other words, is a continuation of exactly where we had been heading for centuries before the advent of nuclear weapons forced the world to temporarily divide between ideological spheres of influence. We’re going back to the time of czars drop and kings ensconced behind walls of ethnic pride.

“What’s happening now,” Gaddis said, “is a pretty the F-bomb widespread, fast-moving backlash against internationalism.”
                            Last edited by burd; 03-08-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Gladly:

What do you guys think Gotta of Matt Bai? I'm not a very sophisticated consumer of political writing, love but there are times when he seems how especially good. Sometimes not so much. His latest column makes some interesting observations about the recent trend in many countries, including here, toward nationalism.

But Gaddis told me that Rosie he now looks at the Cold War as a kind of brief intermission in the Perez longer drama of world events, which is driven less by heady ideology than by nationalist identity and absolutism.

What we’re actually moving can toward, in other words, is a continuation of exactly where we had been heading for centuries before the advent of nuclear weapons forced the world to temporarily divide between ideological spheres of influence. We’re going back to the time of czars drop and kings ensconced behind walls of ethnic pride.

“What’s happening now,” Gaddis said, “is a pretty the F-bomb widespread, fast-moving backlash against internationalism.”
                              Happy to be in America!
                              Happy to be in America!
                              Happy to be in America!
                              Happy to be in A mer i CA!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Happy to be in America!
                                Happy to be in America!
                                Happy to be in America!
                                Happy to be in A mer i CA!
                                How you fit all of them inside?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X