Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Lol. Stop.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Lol. Stop.
      No. I refuse to be silent when Bolton and others (ahem, Langley) are beating war drums in at least 3 separate countries.

https://www.apnews.com/3884ea5ef0084d7a9e8a7d48c03fb69e

I would ask given the MIC/CIA’s history going back to Korea who in their right mind would commit an act like this? Knowing full well a U.S. invasion is quite possible?

Prepare for another gulf of Tonkin. That’s where the Bolton’s are taking us.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

And more food for thought: https://t.co/hFIbBF0J9x

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          And more food for thought: https://t.co/hFIbBF0J9x
          There are Olympian logical jumps in that piece.

One can know the USG lies and still think it likely Syria uses chemical weapons.

You should also know there is a global industry in agitprop serving Russian interests. You may have read something about it pertaining to the last US election.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            There are Olympian logical jumps in that piece.

One can know the USG lies and still think it likely Syria uses chemical weapons.

You should also know there is a global industry in agitprop serving Russian interests. You may have read something about it pertaining to the last US election.
            Yes, but Caitlin Johnstone is not agitprop imo. I’ve been reading her stuff for several years and have not detected disinformation.

Now, I could be wrong and she is Kim Philby part 2, but that’s Not an impression i’ve Gotten from reading her stuff which is almost exclusively anti-war, anti-empire/hegemony etc

Comment

The W administration used a bloodthirsty post 9/11 nation with 60+% approval rating in 2002-03 and was intelligently evil in convincing the nation and allies to hit Iraq. Trump can't stay on target for more than a day, is mired between 38-44% and has alienated everyone outside of Israel and Saudi Arabia. Their suggestion of 120k troops is probably only 20% of what would actually be needed and would have an outcome closer to Vietnam than Iraq.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So just a few days back U.S. and Israel were warning about Iran saying they may attack. Uhm, https://***********/cbseveningnews/s...120472576?s=21

Do we really believe this? With how the US broke Iraq their neighbor would think now “hey man, what a great idea, let’s invite the US to come destroy us.”

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  The W administration used a bloodthirsty post 9/11 nation with 60+% approval rating in 2002-03 and was intelligently evil in convincing the nation and allies to hit Iraq. Trump can't stay on target for more than a day, is mired between 38-44% and has alienated everyone outside of Israel and Saudi Arabia. Their suggestion of 120k troops is probably only 20% of what would actually be needed and would have an outcome closer to Vietnam than Iraq.
                  Post 9/11 Patriot Act was/is awful and the Iraq war was a gonad inspired revenge killing. In this 43 was Sonny, when he needed to be Michael.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Easy. He's a condo salesman who has always operated with lies and his father's money. He is performing to his maximum capability.

Comment

John Bolton just orgasmed and the red button beeped.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...bmarines-57517
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So this sh** is really happening, eh?

Seems a little soon to blow his load like this before the 2020 election...
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is such an extraordinarily bad idea. Congress has to authorize the war, right? They’ve never given permission to enter Iran. Does the “whatever stupid name for the GWOT authorization act” give dip-hit the latitude to do this?
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Yes, but Caitlin Johnstone is not agitprop imo. I’ve been reading her stuff for several years and have not detected disinformation.

Now, I could be wrong and she is Kim Philby part 2, but that’s Not an impression i’ve Gotten from reading her stuff which is almost exclusively anti-war, anti-empire/hegemony etc
                            I've been generally heartbroken in the last decade plus how easily my fellow anti-war, anti-imperialists have been played by RT et al. I have never understood how people who are smart and hard-headed and cynical enough to understand the USG operates as an imperialist hegemon can also be so gullible when falling for other states' propaganda and self-interested narratives.

They completely get that the US, Israel, and the Saudis are sociopathic liars but they miss that Russia, China, and Iran are... sociopathic liars.

It's like House said: everybody lies. International relations is a libertarian paradise: an anarchic marketplace where everything is for sale including historical truths, present facts, and future motives.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2019, 08:53 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This article digs into authority. Found it with a quick google search. No idea if they’re reputable.

https://www.justsecurity.org/57338/t...ity-proposals/
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                This is such an extraordinarily bad idea. Congress has to authorize the war, right? They’ve never given permission to enter Iran. Does the “whatever stupid name for the GWOT authorization act” give dip-hit the latitude to do this?
                                We’ve recently decided the constitution is worthless. 10 out of 10 republicans agree

Comment

Working...
                                X