Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @realDonaldTrump: Our Intelligence has informed us that the Chinese Government is moving troops to the Border with Hong Kong. Everyone should be calm and safe!

Thoughts and prayers? Frankly, there is not a heck of a lot we can do militarily if PLA crushes Hong Kong like a bug.

Sanctions, trade embargoes? Cut off the source of their cash and see what happens?
    We could always boycott their Olympics. When Carter did that he single handedly brought down the Soviet Union.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We could always boycott their Olympics. When Carter did that he single handedly brought down the Soviet Union.
      It's the Winter Olympics. They bring in probably one fifth the revenue of the Summer Olympics, if even that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        It's the Winter Olympics. They bring in probably one fifth the revenue of the Summer Olympics, if even that.
        My name is Gary Bettman and I support this measure.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          My name is Gary Bettman and I support this measure.
          He's not "letting his people go," anyway.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Israel denies entry to Omar and Tlaib for a congressional trip to the west bank after Trump asks them to deny their visas.

Can we say that's not okay on multiple fronts? Or do we need to kneel before AIPAC some more?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Israel denies entry to Omar and Tlaib for a congressional trip to the west bank after Trump asks them to deny their visas.

Can we say that's not okay on multiple fronts? Or do we need to kneel before AIPAC some more?
              Doesn't that, like, sorta prove their point?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Doesn't that, like, sorta prove their point?
                My favorite part about all of this was Kevin ****ing McCarthy said of Fox yesterday "The Squad should go to Israel.
                https://www.foxnews.com/media/house-...went-to-israel

"I never heard the president say that to me. But the one thing that should’ve happened, they should’ve come with their colleagues," McCarthy said. "They should’ve come together where they can have a meeting with Israel, with the Palestinian Authority, with those who were running against [Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu] at the same time.

"As long as you come with an open mind, open eyes and open ears, I think you have a responsibility to come here to have an understanding."
                Noooooooope, I guess **** that. Be interesting how Kevin finds a way to cup Trumps balls on this one.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

He’ll have a hard time cupping trumps balls with Israel fully relating trump

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

No one is stopping you but please pretend it's a thing some more you don't sound irrational at all.

Israel is being stupid. You can say it all you want to the only ones saying you can't either aren't Jews or are so hard lined they don't consider anyone but themselves Jews so no one likes them any way.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      No one is stopping you but please pretend it's a thing some more you don't sound irrational at all.

Israel is being stupid. You can say it all you want to the only ones saying you can't either aren't Jews or are so hard lined they don't consider anyone but themselves Jews so no one likes them any way.
                      I'm surprised the Israel center and center-left haven't found somebody to lead them over Likud. Likud is so obviously corrupt and reactionary, and Bibi himself so obviously awful, I would think simple electoral fatigue would have doomed them by now.

I know Israel has almost as many far right lunatics as we do, but they are also an educated country. I'm surprised they can't escape their hard right. Those people offer nothing but the steady erosion of democracy and unending generations of death.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-15-2019, 11:37 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I know Israel has almost as many far right lunatics as we do, but they are also an educated country. I'm surprised they can't escape their hard right. Those people offer nothing but the steady erosion of democracy and unending generations of death.
                        We can't, why should they?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

They don't have anyone new right now and well after Arafat screwed up the last deal there is just no way the Liberals have any traction. Likud wants no Palestinian State and right now the Israelis are so sick of the bait and switch (and terrorism) they will back any party that spots in the face of that. It is so stupid it hurts. (this country is hardly in a position to criticize these days)

Peace should have been attained in 95. It was there for the taking. Arafat swindled his people Trump style and they have suffered ever since. The Israelis are years away from gli G Progressive again
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            We can't, why should they?
                            We have and we have and we will again.
                            Cornell University

Comment

The World is going to burn. And Trump is going to be the one that lit the match.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Putting America First. Again.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X