Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer Research I - Where Can I Find an ACME Rocket Sled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Research I - Where Can I Find an ACME Rocket Sled?

A thread for asking questions about crap before you buy it. A thread I used frequently on GPL.

So I got an Alexa for Christmas and was starting to look around the house to find stuff that might be worth upgrading.

Does anyone know of a normal type wall switch that works without a separate hub? There are a couple lights around the house on switches I would like to swap out and don’t really want to buy wireless lightbulbs (that seems awfully wasteful and expensive).
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: Consumer Research I - Where Can I Find an ACME Rocket Sled?

I hate that creating a thread doesn’t subscribe you to it on mobile.
    Code:
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I will never buy a spy device for my home. Just saying.

The less intrusive the internet and its devices are, the better off I'll be. Also see: smart phones.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You’re a Luddite.
        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          You’re a Luddite.
          Fine with me. I don't have issues updating my phone, or have Alexa/Siri/whoever knowing my habits/locations/etc all the time. Many were mistaken for years. Money isn't power. Information is power.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I’ve never had issues updating. I actually turn on the google tracking features.

But thanks for not answering the question.
            Code:

Comment

I’ve never had issues updating. I actually turn on the google tracking features.

But thanks for not answering the question.
              I answered the question in a long-winded way. My answer would be "no."

Comment

Are you just trying to annoy me?
                Code:

Comment

Are you just trying to annoy me?
                  No. I'm an equal opportunist. I see an opening to be a smart-arse, and I take it. I don't care who it is.

Comment

ANyone here have an OLED tv? I work with a ton of nerds who say it’s the tv to get. However I did a tiny bit of research and it seems as if they have issues and it also sounds like LG is a nightmare to deal with.
                    I want a good tv, not sure I need OLeD. I have a ten year old Samsung LCD that still works great, moving that to my basement so I need a new one to mount on the wall upstairs.

Comment

I’m guessing the OLEDs have similar problems that plasmas had. They are subject to burn-in.

Honestly, I wouldn’t want to be an early adopter of OLED. Still a new technology and we don’t have any idea how large panels will change over time.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        ANyone here have an OLED tv? I work with a ton of nerds who say it’s the tv to get. However I did a tiny bit of research and it seems as if they have issues and it also sounds like LG is a nightmare to deal with.
                        I want a good tv, not sure I need OLeD. I have a ten year old Samsung LCD that still works great, moving that to my basement so I need a new one to mount on the wall upstairs.
                        Did you ever get the OLED?
                        Code:

Comment

Did you ever get the OLED?
                          Not yet

Comment

Working...
                          X