X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Yeah, sometimes the name of a bar is all you need to know to stay out of it. Ramrodders, Neil and Bob's place, etc.
    The Chanticleer. Nothing good has ever happened at a bar named after a cock.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Yeah, sometimes the name of a bar is all you need to know to stay out of it. Ramrodders, Neil and Bob's place, etc.
      cheers
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Minneapolis has started blocking off streets near US Bank Stadium in preparation for the Super Bowl. The first set is a trio:

• Chicago Avenue between Fourth and Sixth streets;
        • Norm McGrew Place between Third and Fourth Street; and
        • Fifth Street South between 11th Avenue South and the loading dock of the 511 Building.

Chicago Ave is perhaps the most visible of these streets to be blocked. It runs N/S right in front of the stadium as it faces downtown proper.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Minneapolis has started blocking off streets near US Bank Stadium in preparation for the Super Bowl. The first set is a trio:

• Chicago Avenue between Fourth and Sixth streets;
          • Norm McGrew Place between Third and Fourth Street; and
          • Fifth Street South between 11th Avenue South and the loading dock of the 511 Building.

Chicago Ave is perhaps the most visible of these streets to be blocked. It runs N/S right in front of the stadium as it faces downtown proper.
          With a month to go?

When do they(?) block off streets around the X for the hockey championships and Frozen Four?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            With a month to go?

When do they(?) block off streets around the X for the hockey championships and Frozen Four?
            St. Paul doesn't block off streets for the hockey tournament. Milwaukee didn't, and neither did St. Louis. The Super Bowl is a different beast.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So I heard on the radio that residents of Buffalo have donated about a quarter mil to Andy Dalton's charity.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                St. Paul doesn't block off streets for the hockey tournament. Milwaukee didn't, and neither did St. Louis. The Super Bowl is a different beast.
                They did it for the F4, I thought (just 7th, for a couple blocks near the X, for a block party). But normally, no.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Trouble in NE?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    As someone who hates, in ascending order, Belichick, Brady, the Patriots, Patriots Nation, Illinois Nazis, and the entire population of the Boston SMSA, I think this is nonsense. The only thing that surprises me is the story didn't drop during the dead week before the next Patriots Super Bowl, which is to say 3 weeks from now.

It'll end someday, like the Dump Presidency, or smallpox. It will probably have some recriminations and loose ends. But this is the greatest dynasty in football history and the best run, best coached, and best quarterbacked team in football history, saying all of which is like drinking pure Hydrochloric acid. If they were going to be torn apart by petty silliness, they would have sometime around 2003, and f-ck god in eternal torment for not making it so.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Chris Mortensen says 11 of every 12 words in that story are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Chris Mortensen says 11 of every 12 words in that story are accurate.
                        Oh well if it's that good for ol' Morty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          As someone who hates, in ascending order, Belichick, Brady, the Patriots, Patriots Nation, Illinois Nazis, and the entire population of the Boston SMSA, I think this is nonsense. The only thing that surprises me is the story didn't drop during the dead week before the next Patriots Super Bowl, which is to say 3 weeks from now.

It'll end someday, like the Dump Presidency, or smallpox. It will probably have some recriminations and loose ends. But this is the greatest dynasty in football history and the best run, best coached, and best quarterbacked team in football history, saying all of which is like drinking pure Hydrochloric acid. If they were going to be torn apart by petty silliness, they would have sometime around 2003, and f-ck god in eternal torment for not making it so.
                          See, when I read that I see genuine, if well camouflaged, affection for all things Boston. Just like Trump supporters who are able to see the guy who is willing to stand up to the establishment on behalf of those of us who have been shat upon for so long.

Deny it all you want.

Comment

I like the take that Belichick is so upset hes emtpying the cupboards before he leaves NE.

No QBs in waiting, and his coaches all go elsewhere for jobs with his help and blessing.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              See, when I read that I see genuine, if well camouflaged, affection for all things Boston. Just like Trump supporters who are able to see the guy who is willing to stand up to the establishment on behalf of those of us who have been shat upon for so long.

Deny it all you want.
                              There are things in the physical city of Boston I think are beautiful. My resentment is that teeming mass of braindead cockroaches desecrating it.

Disappear the population of Massachusetts and replace them with the 6M people in Rio. Or Singapore. Now you've got something worth keeping.
                              Cornell University

Comment

This seems more plausible.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...ode_to_jimmy_g

Comment

Working...
                                X