Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Lakes Invitational moves to LCA

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    Watching on WCHA.tv. Can't believe we can't get the games in HD.

Pretty entertaining so far. Better attendance than I expected.
    I don't think the staff were prepared for the influx of upper deck GA tickets, either. Frustrating trying to get a seat if you didn't show up early. There is a lot less 200-level seating at the Pizza Box than there was at the Joe, and they were restricting everyone to the 5-6 sections between the blue lines. Very annoying.

Comment

Im rooting for the Wolverines.....to lose in the consolation game!

Go Huskies!

Comment

Rematch!!!

Comment

Should be a great game!!!

Comment

I am fortunate to be able to work a half day and go to the GLI. Considering how empty it felt for the UM vs. BGSU game last night....I wonder how much more empty it will be for the early game today when most people are back to work.

Unsure how the UM/MSU game will play out considering the result of the series earlier this season. The result may influence my mood and decision as to if I stay to cheer on the Huskies for the 2nd game.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

The turn out yesterday was actually better than I expected. However, I would expect a much smaller crowd today with people heading back to work. We shall see.

What I didn't like was how LCA was forcing everyone in the upper bowl GA seating to sit along the sides. At least to start. Hey, I don't want the sideline seats. I want to sit end zone and see the play develop. They opened it up later, but still come on LCA that's what GA means let people sit where they want. Also LCA staff should stop being such little hard ***** seat cops for the Mez and lower bowl. The **** thing is more than half empty, but you're still checking tickets and not letting people move down... Use to be able to do that. And finally What's up with LCA not allowing the Alumni Assoc. to bring in some pickled eggs to sell. It was never a problem at the Joe. I guess those eggs would cut into the $11 beer and $10 pizza sales...

Other than that Go Huskies! I'll be in much better (suite) seats today..

Comment

Bragging rights.

BGSU 2018 GLI Champions

Comment

It took all of 34 minutes from the final whistle for the LCA crew to remove the GLI banner from the rafters.

Comment

Working...
                  X