Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Is there any recourse? Can the judges hold walker in contempt and throw him in a pit until he calls one?
    YES! Voters in WI can wake the fuk up and vote him out in November!

For your immediate question I think Walker threw in the towel when he lost his appeal, most likely because his cronies on the WI Supreme Court told him they'd support the lower court's ruling. Presumably he could continue to defy it causing a constitutional issue unless the courts ordered the election themselves but I'm guessing in an election year that's a bridge too far and maybe the Koch Bros told him to roll over and play dead like a good lap dog.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Maryland gerrymander case got its day before SCOTUS

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/pu...0647914f3.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The Maryland gerrymander case got its day before SCOTUS

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/pu...0647914f3.html
        I hope the Court rules it's unconstitutional, strictly on the basis of political partisanship. We need the precedent that political parties can no more violate voting rights than the states.

The 14th Amendment extended Constitutional limitations on the federal government to the state governments. We need an amendment extending Constitutional limitations to corporate entities like political parties and private businesses. They are more powerful than the states, now, anyway, and they are where the lion's share of outright discrimination and harassment take place.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I hope the Court rules it's unconstitutional, strictly on the basis of political partisanship. We need the precedent that political parties can no more violate voting rights than the states.
          Absolutely.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Anthony Kennedy has the power to end all this. If he adopts the wasted vote standard, I'm sure the libs will go along with him and gerrymandering gets severely curbed.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Anthony Kennedy has the power to end all this. If he adopts the wasted vote standard, I'm sure the libs will go along with him and gerrymandering gets severely curbed.
              Are you? I'm not sure. I think there are really good arguments to be made on both sides. Ideally this would not be an issue that was partisan -- it would be a genuine Constitutional question. Now, it's true that the righty 4 are hacks who decide everything on partisanship and screw the Constitution, but the ideal of considering a question on its merits is still at least an intellectually theoretical possibility.

I'm actually hoping that Alito and Thomas can't help themselves and rule reflexively against the MD Dems without stopping to consider that partisan districting is the mechanism that has allowed the GOP to hold the House despite losing the net House vote by more than a million.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/2...imes&smtyp=cur

But don’t worry. Pizza gate, Obama’s birth cert, Hillary’s death camps are all believable

Comment

Minnesota's GOP legislature spends $400,000 of taxpayers money to sue Democratic governor Mark Dayton on a line item veto that the Minnesota State Supreme Court approved last November. Republican Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka says he wishes taxpayers weren't responsible for covering the legal bills.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...against-dayton
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Minnesota's GOP legislature spends $400,000 of taxpayers money to sue Democratic governor Mark Dayton on a line item veto that the Minnesota State Supreme Court approved last November. Republican Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka says he wishes taxpayers weren't responsible for covering the legal bills.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...against-dayton
                    Republican *** Clowns.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Republican *** Clowns.
                      Wouldn't matter if nobody voted for them. The CPUSA is out there every year doing their thing, and people rightly just point and laugh. We won't be a healthy nation until that's how voters treat the GOP.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Stacey Dash ("Clueless" star turned conservative commentator) entered a California State House race last month. She bowed out today, saying she "wants no part of plantation politics."

As if she had a snowball's chance anyway.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Stacey Dash ("Clueless" star turned conservative commentator) entered a California State House race last month. She bowed out today, saying she "wants no part of plantation politics."

As if she had a snowball's chance anyway.
                          Depends where in CA. There are sections that are right.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Depends where in CA. There are sections that are right.
                            44th district in California. Not sure where that is.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              44th district in California. Not sure where that is.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...ional_district

Comment

So it's represented by a D.

Comment

Working...
                                X