Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Hey Scooby, with Coleman dropping out for Governor I am changing my odds. I just cant get fired about about Walz but I hope I am wrong. (and probably am since apparently he is the DFL wet dream)
    ****. So, Coleman dropped? I'd much rather have him than Walz. Walz does nothing for me. Look out.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      ****. So, Coleman dropped? I'd much rather have him than Walz. Walz does nothing for me. Look out.
      Coleman was fourth in straw so he dropped.
      Thissen also dropped

Comment

Y’all promised me Coleman would crush the cities. :-/
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          What about a mileage tax? It's hidden, it's collected electronically or on your annual tax bill and it taxes people who use the roads the most.

The next time your vehicle is checked at an inspection or emissions station, the mileage is recorded and the state sends you a bill due when you file your income tax.

Or you could attach a monitor to that doo hickey they checks the engine and it sends a signal monthly and you get a monthly road tax bill.
          This would absolutely not fly in New Hampshire/Massachusetts. The housing market is so out of control in the Boston area that people commute 50+ miles per day via highway in order to live within their means outside of the city. For example, the average housing price in Boston is $568,300. The average price 20 minutes north of Boston in the city where my hospital is located is $544,100. The average home price in the town where my husband works (Lexington, MA) is $962,600 (and there is a military base in the town, so I imagine if their housing wasn't there it would be even higher)). Our home cost us just under 250k, we bought it knowing that we'd still be spending the money commuting from New Hampshire, but our home cost wouldn't be outrageous. Given the traffic commuting down into Massachusetts daily, I'm guessing a lot of others are in the same boat. They are widening the highway from NH into Massachusetts, but unfortunately, there was no plan to include public transportation from the major cities in NH down into Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Yeah, he was the lock. Now he's 4th in the straw. Iowa/Sconnie political status here we come.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hey Scooby, with Coleman dropping out for Governor I am changing my odds. I just cant get fired about about Walz but I hope I am wrong. (and probably am since apparently he is the DFL wet dream)
              The good news is that betting on you to be wrong pays pretty well. Walz is a tremendous campaigner and kicked Coleman's(and the rest of the DFL field) *** in terms of ground game leading up to the caucuses last week. I think I got about eight calls/texts making sure I showed up. Though he did come in second in my precinct with two votes behind the Bernie lady, who got three. He'll do fine against the melting vanilla milkshake on the other side of the ticket.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The voters spoke...never trust the DFL

Walz can win but I have less faith. We will see in a couple months things can change.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  The good news is that betting on you to be wrong pays pretty well. Walz is a tremendous campaigner and kicked Coleman's(and the rest of the DFL field) *** in terms of ground game leading up to the caucuses last week. I think I got about eight calls/texts making sure I showed up. Though he did come in second in my precinct with two votes behind the Bernie lady, who got three. He'll do fine against the melting vanilla milkshake on the other side of the ticket.
                  I'm not Scooby so cram it. I have way more experience watching the DFL screw things up than you do.

The DFL is awful and the voters can't get out of their own way half the time. I will vote for him but I don't know if everyone else will.

Part of the issue us who he has to go against. If it is Jeff Johnson or any of those clowns he wins. If it is someone stronger in the Cities all bets are off.

Like I said we will know more in a couple months.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You want an idea of what kind of effect groups like Americans for Prosperity and the Kochs have on local level races and Democrats just look at the Anchorage Mayor’s race. AFP is already putting on a full ad blitz of attacks on the incumbent Dem Mayor, in a nominal non-partisan race, for raising taxes to actually pay for things. And you wonder why Dems struggle at the local level? There’s no equivalent funding against these sorts of things.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      You want an idea of what kind of effect groups like Americans for Prosperity and the Kochs have on local level races and Democrats just look at the Anchorage Mayor’s race. AFP is already putting on a full ad blitz of attacks on the incumbent Dem Mayor, in a nominal non-partisan race, for raising taxes to actually pay for things. And you wonder why Dems struggle at the local level? There’s no equivalent funding against these sorts of things.
                      Incumbents do have press following them, no? Can hold press conferences? Get on nightly news?

What the hell else is going on in anchorage to fill the 12 minutes before weather and sports?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm not Scooby so cram it..
                        Aaah, yes. So, because I am Scooby I'm a moron. I get it. Problem with Walz is he's Clinton. He'll reach out to Republicans, Evangelicals, and Rural Trump voters. Big mistake. Exactly what the DFL doesn't need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          This would absolutely not fly in New Hampshire/Massachusetts. The housing market is so out of control in the Boston area that people commute 50+ miles per day via highway in order to live within their means outside of the city. For example, the average housing price in Boston is $568,300. The average price 20 minutes north of Boston in the city where my hospital is located is $544,100. The average home price in the town where my husband works (Lexington, MA) is $962,600 (and there is a military base in the town, so I imagine if their housing wasn't there it would be even higher)). Our home cost us just under 250k, we bought it knowing that we'd still be spending the money commuting from New Hampshire, but our home cost wouldn't be outrageous. Given the traffic commuting down into Massachusetts daily, I'm guessing a lot of others are in the same boat. They are widening the highway from NH into Massachusetts, but unfortunately, there was no plan to include public transportation from the major cities in NH down into Mass.
                          Where can you find a house in Boston for 568K? Is it a cardboard box?

comicbookguy is commuting all the way to Lexington? ****. Tell him I said hi from my residence one town over.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Aaah, yes. So, because I am Scooby I'm a moron. I get it. Problem with Walz is he's Clinton. He'll reach out to Republicans, Evangelicals, and Rural Trump voters. Big mistake. Exactly what the DFL doesn't need right now.
                            So, not knowing Walz too much (I've heard the name) I don't think his policy positions are outside of the Dem mainstream. Therefore, with the 2016 debacle fresh in the collective minds of Minnesotans (sp?) I expect all lefties to come out in droves and support him or whoever gets the nomination. I don't care if he's as interesting as petrified wood. Show up and vote. If Dems are having trouble winning in Minnesota this year, then they've got big problems.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              So, not knowing Walz too much (I've heard the name) I don't think his policy positions are outside of the Dem mainstream. Therefore, with the 2016 debacle fresh in the collective minds of Minnesotans (sp?) I expect all lefties to come out in droves and support him or whoever gets the nomination. I don't care if he's as interesting as petrified wood. Show up and vote. If Dems are having trouble winning in Minnesota this year, then they've got big problems.
                              I agree. But, he's exactly the opposite of what the Democrats need right now.

Comment

Here's the article on Coleman dropping from the race.

http://www.startribune.com/chris-col...nor/473839953/

Among DFLers, Otto is seeking to unify the party’s progressive base at the state convention. Walz’s supporters are touting what they believe is his superior shot at winning in the fall election with a simple motto: “Walz or Wisconsin.” The tagline refers to the prospect of Republicans taking full control of state government and moving in the direction of Gov. Scott Walker’s Wisconsin, meaning hostility to labor unions as well as lower taxes and spending.
                                "Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
                                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-13-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X