Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Scott. But Tim is in the running.
    Tim didn't successfully torpedo Minnesota.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Tim didn't successfully torpedo Minnesota.
      The hell he didn't. He destroyed our credit rating. Dayton had to fix it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The hell he didn't. He destroyed our credit rating. Dayton had to fix it.
        Let me rephrase...his damage wasn't permanent.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Steve King is in something like a R+30 district. He's safe.
          Yeah, King is loved by his NW Iowa rubes. He'll die that seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Who is/was slimier: Scott Walker or Tim Pawlenty?
            Definitely Mr. Ham Sandwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Wrong as usual. Mail in ballots are postage paid. Of course.

Just say what you mean: "don't let people vote; it's inconvenient for the rich."
              Hey! Looks like it worked...

Anchorage has highest ever turnout for a local election.

You know what the best part was? Being to go online, on your own time, and research the things you’re voting on while voting.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I never had any major issues with Pawlenty. I didn’t always agree with him, but I never found him to be a knuckle dragger.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I never had any major issues with Pawlenty. I didn’t always agree with him, but I never found him to be a knuckle dragger.
                  He only bankrupted us

Comment

It didn’t help that he was governor during the Great Recession.

I’m not saying he was good. He was just a garden variety blue state Republican governor. Nothing like Walker.

Walker is dangerous.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I’m not saying he was good. He was just a garden variety blue state Republican governor. Nothing like Walker.

Walker is dangerous.
                      Our deficit wasnt because of the Recession, it was because he cut taxes for no reason and had no way to offset the loss in revenue. He was also a Dubya lapdog so please dont tell me he wasnt dangerous.

Dont get me wrong, I think overall he was a nice guy but as a politician his actions bankrupted a state that had no business being in trouble by doing the exact same thing is neo-conartist masters did on the Federal Level.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The economic upshot of the Pawlenty administration:

Pawlenty has been criticized by some for providing a short-term budget solution but coming up short in his long-term strategy as governor. Former Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson, a Republican, criticized Pawlenty's budget strategy: he borrowed more than $1 billion from the tobacco settlement (money set aside for health care), borrowed more than $1.4 billion from K-12 education funding, borrowed more than $400 [million] from the Health Care Access Fund for low-income families, among other short-term shifts in accounting. The result was a $5-billion deficit, the seventh largest in the United States. While Pawlenty said he was "confident" in his right to use unallotment, the Minnesota Supreme Court ultimately decided against him. Minnesota property taxes rose $2.5 billion, more than the previous 16 years combined, and Moody's lowered the state's bond rating. Carlson told Time, "I don't think any governor has left behind a worse financial mess than he [Pawlenty] has."

- wiki

Dayton turned what turned out to be a $6B deficit into a $1.65B surplus and put $2B in reserve in case of a serious downturn. Between 2015 and 2017, MN was called the best state in the country for business, the second best run state, and the best state for job creation.

And now...http://www.timpawlenty.com/
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Walker is dangerous.
                          They're the same thing. They follow the same thinking. Their goals are exactly the same. The Republican playbook is pretty simple to follow and pretty easy to figure out. Pawlenty was extremely dangerous.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Who is/was slimier: Scott Walker or Tim Pawlenty?
                            I've never been harmed by Pawlenty, but I have by Walker. Whatever Pawlenty did, he would have to be nasty bad to win that draw.

But hey, we've been making a little progress lately. Little steps count if they are in the right direction.
                            Last edited by burd; 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty announced he is running for governor Thursday, attempting a restoration after eight years out of office that saw his DFL successor move the state in a more progressive direction at odds with Pawlenty’s tenure.
                              jfc

http://www.startribune.com/tim-pawle...ain/478905653/

Comment

I dont see that working out well for him in any way. Minneapolis and St. Paul (not to mention Rochester and Duluth) like money too much.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X