Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Minnesota will try appealing to the Gorilla's again. That's the failure of Walz.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      We all think this about ourselves; it's nonsense. Our votes are a function of our autobiography and our information, and now even our information is a function of our autobiography. Our actual active choice, which we believe so strongly in, in practice is nil. We are a deterministic machine: you input life experiences and it spits out a vote. There's no independent intellectual evaluation against any external logical standard going on. Our vote is our ego. It's the Texan in Catch-22.

Who was the last Democratic presidential nominee you voted for?
      Carter. Error. I would have voted for Landslide Joe, but he was snuffed out by the machine.

Carter - 1st presidential vote
      Reagan- not Carter
      Reagan - v Mondale? (chuckles)
      Bush41 - stay the course and Dukakis? (chuckles)
      Bush41 - stay the course. Slick was winning no matter what
      Dole - Bill had character flaws, but Dole was the sacrificial lamb in a pre ordained landslide.
      Bush43 - his opponent came off all wrong
      Bush43 - Kerry? My God!
      McCain - Inexperienced opponent
      Romney - If he wanted to win, he could have
      Blank - lesser of 2 evils was tD, but the bar would have been in the sub sub sub sub basement.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Minnesota will try appealing to the Gorilla's again. That's the failure of Walz.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          LOL. You disagree? That's EXACTLY what will happen.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's pretty funny!
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

"Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
              Umm...because people are afraid?

I don't mind it either. Its about time people confront the consequences of not voting or voting for the 3rd party candidate because "whoa, he wants to legalize WEED man, awesome". Its spot on correct. GOP control of the state = Wisconsin like policies that we've seen under Scott Walker. Stark, unpleasant, but completely truthful. Let people deal with reality when they decide on their vote.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Blank - lesser of 2 evils was tD, but the bar would have been in the sub sub sub sub basement.
                This I disagree with. You dance with the devil you know. Always. tD was a wildcard that whispered sweet nothing and delivered less throughout his whole career.

Repubs we're still going to grind the house and senate to a halt with their majorities in 2016, so why vote for tD, the "outsider trying to disrupt politics," knowing he's just another Wall Street douchë?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

LOL. You disagree? That's EXACTLY what will happen.
                  Sure it is...Walz has no need to court the Republicans and I doubt he wastes any time doing so. This is just your bit...if Coleman was the nominee you would find something negative to rip him for.

Walz wasnt elected to the House by courting the GOP and he doesnt need GOP voters to win the Governors race. He needs to keep the Left active. Seeing as he got them to vote in a Straw Poll most people dont even care about I would guess he realizes that. (and it is why Coleman stepped down even though he could just go to the Primary if he wanted to since the Straw Poll has no weight on the nomination)

It is going to be all about message. He needs to keep the Dayton voters if he does that he will be fine. He is the last leg of the relay race and his team is has the lead. Just dont screw it up and you have no worries.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

I don't mind it either. Its about time people confront the consequences of not voting or voting for the 3rd party candidate because "whoa, he wants to legalize WEED man, awesome". Its spot on correct. GOP control of the state = Wisconsin like policies that we've seen under Scott Walker. Stark, unpleasant, but completely truthful. Let people deal with reality when they decide on their vote.
                    Exactly. This is the most non-DFL type move I have seen since I started paying attention to politics. Minnesotans are educated, they can put 2 and 2 together so make sure they see the math in front of them. Hell it will all but kill TPaw because the economy under him tanked so hard even Walker is envious. Walz's job is to make sure people see the choices...we can either continue to be a state that thrives and where standard of living is high (Walz) or we can make the same dumb mistake the Chesenuts made and choose to become Kansas Part Deux. (Wisconsin)

We can choose our destiny. This isnt a general election where 78k in 3 states screwed us all...if Walz or whoever loses we have no one to blame but ourselves.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well no offense Scooby but your track record is worse than Les Steckel
                      So sayeth Jerry Burns.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        This I disagree with. You dance with the devil you know. Always. tD was a wildcard that whispered sweet nothing and delivered less throughout his whole career.

Repubs we're still going to grind the house and senate to a halt with their majorities in 2016, so why vote for tD, the "outsider trying to disrupt politics," knowing he's just another Wall Street douchë?
                        3 words...Supreme, Court Justice.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
                          Your fear about the dems never learning is spot on.

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Yeah because that worked so well as a strategy for your favorite candidate . "He's racist you guys, look at the other guy he's bad!"

Yeah no ****... now please tell us why we should vote for you and how you plan to fix the problems that people face in their every day life. I honestly wonder if you're one of HRC's overpaid consultants or a member of 3rd Way.

The irony too is you could easily get a bunch of independent/left/centrist/possibly even moderate republicans with legal weed because even on the right it's an incredibly popular idea right now. But no don't do that, we might actually win

Originally posted by Handy
                          He needs to keep the Left active.
                          How exactly is he planning to do that? That's the part that worries me and looking at his list of issues and the fact that he's totally non-committal on issues like single payer that doesn't give me a ton of optimism.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-13-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            So sayeth Jerry Burns.
                            I do have an issue swearing

And hey Jerry Burns did help invent the West Coast Offense and is seen as a genius as a coordinator so...thank you (plus he was 9 games above .500 as a head coach so that aint bad)

But wait...he coached Iowa so BITE ME!! (though he coached them badly...so thank you!)

This is all getting confusing...@#$% you and @#*$ your mother and $%^ d!@@^ it I just want you to $#%& the *&^* up!!!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Your fear about the dems never learning is spot on.
                              No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.

And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is all getting confusing...@#$% you and @#*$ your mother and $%^ d!@@^ it I just want you to $#%& the *&^* up!!!
                                Leave my mother out of it. She's lived in an Alzheimer's unit for nearly a decade now (no short term memory; nada; like 45 seconds ago never happened).

However, the CNAs where she lives have her check their papers (for LPN/RN school) for spelling, grammar, and punctuation! Seriously. She still has that. Oh the human mind.

Keep "dis-ing" my mom and I'll have her start correcting your posts ... and the short-comings of your west coast offense.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X