Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Isn’t that because of the radial velocity being at max at the equator?
    I figured it's because anything in geosynchronous orbit must be at the equator.

Comment

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

We’re all going to die

https://www.wired.com/story/watch-bo...ot-do-parkour/
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        I figured it's because anything in geosynchronous orbit must be at the equator.
        Technically it's geostationary orbits that remain over the equator. That's not necessarily true for geosynchronous orbits.

Comment

Today's Obit

RIP DNA 10/16/18
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/16/...t-dance-video/

We’re all going to die.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

RIP Science and Engineering.

“My uncle was a great professor at MIT for many years. Dr. John Trump. And I didn’t talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science, and I will say that you have scientists on both sides of the picture.”
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

More scientists believe in anthropogenic global warming than cigarettes causing cancer. Both are settled science.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  More scientists believe in anthropogenic global warming than cigarettes causing cancer. Both are settled science.
                  "But we should listen to the climate denier scientists, for the sake of both sides."

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/23/us/ta...rnd/index.html

An oil spill you've never heard of could become one of the biggest environmental disasters in the US

(CNN)In 2010, the Deepwater Horizon oil tragedy commanded the nation's attention for months. Eleven lives were lost and communities around the Gulf of Mexico ground to a halt under hundreds of millions of gallons of oil. Yet, lurking underneath the fresh disaster, an older spill was spewing ever faithfully forth: A leak that began when another oil platform was damaged six years earlier.
                    The Taylor oil spill is still surging after all this time; dumping what's believed to be tens of thousands of gallons into the Gulf per day since 2004. By some estimates, the chronic leak could soon be larger, cumulatively, than the Deepwater disaster, which dumped up to 176.4 million gallons (or 4.2 million barrels) of oil into the Gulf. That would also make the Taylor spill one of the largest offshore environmental disasters in US history.
                    We just really don't give a **** about the environment. At all.

Comment

I'm waiting for the Enbridge pipeline to break on the Straits of Mackinac.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

NASA is finally starting to hit its stride.

Initially it was just a showpiece as we put the first man on the moon. Then it became a novelty as it launched satellites to explore other planets. But its finally found its role - working with private enterprise to promote private space commercial enterprises and the emerging tax paying industries tied to that.

9 US Companies Are Going to the Moon! Here Are NASA's New Partners.

The general idea is that these companies will be able to compete for contracts to deliver NASA science experiments to the surface of the moon by flying lunar landers on rocket launches purchased from other commercial space companies. But under this approach, NASA won't be alone in hiring these companies — the agency hopes to spur development that the commercial sector can also utilize. "We want to be first customers, not only customers," Thomas Zurbuchen, NASA's head of the science mission directorate, said during the event.

https://www.space.com/42582-nasa-moo...-unveiled.html
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Initially it was just a showpiece as we put the first man on the moon. Then it became a novelty as it launched satellites to explore other planets. But its finally found its role - working with private enterprise to promote private space commercial enterprises and the emerging tax paying industries tied to that.

The general idea is that these companies will be able to compete for contracts to deliver NASA science experiments to the surface of the moon by flying lunar landers on rocket launches purchased from other commercial space companies. But under this approach, NASA won't be alone in hiring these companies — the agency hopes to spur development that the commercial sector can also utilize. "We want to be first customers, not only customers," Thomas Zurbuchen, NASA's head of the science mission directorate, said during the event.

Only question is when? Last Man on the Moon was in the last days of Richard Nixon's *first* term.

And what will be reaction if/when somebody dies out there? Some authors speculate it will be 10%.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I despise the idea of commercialized space. Maybe that’s unfounded but I generally don’t like it.
                            Code:

Comment

I don't like it either, but it's likely the reality of making much progress beyond our solar system.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

2.5B over 10 years? That's just barely enough money to keep the lights on for a serious moon shot effort. I don't understand the point.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X