Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Congratulations on posting that huge reply that nobody is going to read.
    Well, maybe not? I can get carried away sometimes. But you'd be surprised, maybe the poster I was responding to will read it? Their response to me wasn't exactly a one liner. Good typing practice and is good exercise for my brain. I was dropped on my head as a baby I've been told, so....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      No, it doesn't. Keeping people alive keeps the species going. The whole fact that weak have been protected for many millennia should point that out.

The idea that you want to stop doing that is pretty scary, and leads down a very bad path. Especially if you want to actively go after the weak/poor. Can we call you Hitler, or Stalin?

OMG?? You what? Naturally assume that I must be evil because I posed a question???

What is scary is that you so quickly jump to the worst possible conclusions about me? WOW!!!

When did I say that we should start going after the weak or the poor?

EVEN IF, even if I was suggesting to let evolution do it's thing, that is hardly "going after" anyone. That's simply letting nature do what it does. IF nature starts going after the lazy people of the earth, maybe they'd get off their lazy arses and do something to improve their own situation, hence they would help themselves to become more strong and fit and able to survive. Supposedly showing them compassion by enabling them to remain lazy and weak, in the long run could be doing more harm than good, if nature takes them out because they are lazy and weak. Just saying.

But I am NOT proposing new legislation or anything, I'm PLAYING THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE and posing a question.

Wow, do you go around calling people Hitler or Stalin a lot? Wow.

People that are so quick to judge are the scary ones. Or don't you agree? Not saying you are a scary person, but ****, you need to be more careful.
      Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-01-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Here we go again. This is why this "just asking questions" has to stop.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          EVEN IF, even if I was suggesting to let evolution do it's thing
          You may as well type "even if I was suggesting to let gravity do its thing..." Either decision I make, to be compassionate or not, are BOTH part of evolution - it's not one or the other. My species is a part of evolution, and I am part of evolution, and therefore every decision I make is part of evolution. Nobody can "escape" evolution any more than any of us can escape gravity. It just exists.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            No, it doesn't. Keeping people alive keeps the species going. The whole fact that weak have been protected for many millennia should point that out.

And now the world is becoming over populated. Scientists like UMn Alum Norman Borlaug is credited with saving millions of lives, maybe even billions with his research into how to better feed the world's growing population. But how long can scientists like him stave off the issues that come with over population?

I'm not going to say thankfully, but evil governments around the world and criminals go around killing lots of people, but if peace on earth happened? Yikes. Like an over populated deer population is taken care of by nature, via disease, I'm sorry to say, the scientists of the world won't be able to fight against Mother Nature much longer.

What is the world's population now? When I was in high school it was approaching 6 million(edit 6 billion, lol). So in just 30-35 years its grown to what? 7.6 billion?

Hey, honestly I'd prefer nature do it than any government. Nature has no political agenda, people almost always do, but nature does pick on the weak. So if I were you, I'd start taking my multi-vitamins and getting lots of rest of exercise.

Btw, I'm not saying you are wrong.
            Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-01-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

What is the world's population now? When I was in high school it was approaching 6 million....
              Originally posted by Wikipedia
              Estimates of the population of the world at the time agriculture emerged in around 10,000 BC have ranged between 1 million and 15 million.[26][27] Even earlier, genetic evidence suggests humans may have gone through a population bottleneck of between 1,000 and 10,000 people about 70,000 BC, according to the Toba catastrophe theory. By contrast, it is estimated that around 50–60 million people lived in the combined eastern and western Roman Empire in the 4th century AD.
              You were in high school in 10,000 BC?

Your posts easily qualify as the dumbest I've seen here, and that's really saying something.

Comment

[QUOTE=CLS;6596558]You were in high school in 10,000 BC?

6 billion, DUH. You obviously knew that is what I meant, right? Or are you one of those people who have to try to make themselves feel smarter by convincing themselves that they are smarter than someone they randomly run across on the internet?

Comment

[QUOTE=FredsDeadFriend;6596580]
                  Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  You were in high school in 10,000 BC?

6 billion, DUH. You obviously knew that is what I meant, right? Or are you one of those people who have to try to make themselves feel smarter by convincing themselves that they are smarter than someone they randomly run across on the internet?
                  Yup. I'm so smart I know how to quote posts and how to review my replies before I post them. Apparently, you don't.

Comment

[QUOTE=CLS;6596585]

Yup. I'm so smart I know how to quote posts and how to review my replies before I post them. Apparently, you don't.
                    This is college? These posts are going to be graded? Published? lol People like you crack me up!!!

I don't care. I'm fine with the occasional error ending up in my posts because that helps to bring out the forum PR1CKS who apparently NEED to feel superior by pointing out those mistakes as if it makes the person an idiot or something. lol

Sometimes people choose instead to crack a joke, allowing everyone to have a little fun with it. But no, YOU, you made a conscious choice to be as big of a pr1ck as you could be to someone you just ran across on the internet? Which is fine, that's your right. I've been a pr1ck before, the first step is admitting to it, and then making an effort to stop being a pr1ck. OR, go on being a pr1ck if that makes you feel better about yourself, I suppose?

Either way, honestly, I don't care.

I might care about your opinion about compassion and evolution and their relationship to each other?

Comment

To be fair, neither one of you are smart enough to fix your **** quotes.

Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

that's fair. lol kind of funny actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          On the contrary, there's plenty of support for the proposition that altruism is an evolutionarily successful strategy.
                          You're arguing with a guy who thinks the world's collective knowledge begins and ends with the U of MN, who thinks that if it exists outside that one university, it's not worth knowing. He also claimed that he could've gone to West Point for school, had he wanted it, and then didn't understand the connection when he was told that his posts are clearly not made by someone smart enough to attend an Ivy League school. He's a myopic troll who tries to sound smart in the process. Sadly, it seems to work on far too many people.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            You're arguing with a guy who thinks the world's collective knowledge begins and ends with the U of MN, who thinks that if it exists outside that one university, it's not worth knowing. He also claimed that he could've gone to West Point for school, had he wanted it, and then didn't understand the connection when he was told that his posts are clearly not made by someone smart enough to attend an Ivy League school. He's a myopic troll who tries to sound smart in the process. Sadly, it seems to work on far too many people.
                            I don't believe that about the U of Mn.

Miami of Ohio? They ARE a very highly distinguished academic school. Considered one of the Public Ivy schools.

I know there are a crapload of great Universities out there. All the Ivies, Stanford, MIT, Cal-Berkeley, etc.. And UMn is not that far behind those schools.
                            Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-01-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Oh, so this is carryover from a Minny fight? What about the noob, cuckchoker or whatever -- is that also the case with him?

They both launched within a few hours of each other and neither was half steppin so it seemed kinda Fishy.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                He also claimed that he could've gone to West Point for school, had he wanted it He's a myopic troll who tries to sound smart in the process.
                                Why don't you, instead of trying to get revenge for me ragging on SCSU, why don't you share your thoughts on the role or place of compassion and how it fits in with survival of the fittest?
                                Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-01-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X