Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2017-18: Fare Thee Well!!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Dam. H&W was fun to listen to in the AM and Trumbel and Core in the PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Charley Hooley - Founder of cub foods

One of the first (some say the first) to use conveyor belts in grocery stores.

They essentially created the first warehouse-style grocer with high volume and low prices, essentially revolutionizing the industry. In addition, the store was one of the first to use the conveyor belt checkout system that is now commonplace.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Soccer legend Walter Bahr, father of NFL kickers Matt & Chris.

The Penn State and international soccer community lost a legend.

Walter Bahr, the last living member of the U.S. soccer team that upset England in the 1950 World Cup, died Monday morning in Boalsburg from complications resulting from a broken hip. Bahr was 91.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Rapper XXX Tentacion shot dead leaving a motorcycle dealership in Florida.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Rapper XXX Tentacion shot dead leaving a motorcycle dealership in Florida.
              Some up and coming rapper who no one's ever heard of* gets shot.

I think this headline came up about 30 times last year.

*Millions claim to have heard of said rapper, and are big fans.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Some up and coming rapper who no one's ever heard of* gets shot.

*Millions claim to have heard of said rapper, and are big fans.
                Big enough to have made BBC headlines this morning
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The 1990s called.

Rap is now so corporate and mainstream that the assassinations are in the boardroom, not on the street.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The 1990s called.

Rap is now so corporate and mainstream that the assassinations are in the boardroom, not on the street.
                    There's a burgeoning grassroots rap movement thanks to artists being able to promote themselves and release tracks on Soundcloud/Instagram/whatever, and once you factor in the tastes of your average 15-year-old edgelord audience...things get said that have consequences. These young guys are pretty hardcore. We're not at Biggie/Pac levels yet, but it's got potential to cause all kinds of problems.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      There's a burgeoning grassroots rap movement thanks to artists being able to promote themselves and release tracks on Soundcloud/Instagram/whatever, and once you factor in the tastes of your average 15-year-old edgelord audience...things get said that have consequences. These young guys are pretty hardcore. We're not at Biggie/Pac levels yet, but it's got potential to cause all kinds of problems.
                      There will always been an underground for every form of music -- that's a natural reaction against the dullness and sanitization of the corporate output.

But those niches also don't attract the big money so I don't expect them to attract the same criminal element.

In the beginning rap was like drugs -- a hugely popular product without a streamlined, law-bound supply chain. That's where criminals like Suge Knight (and thousands of smaller fry) stepped in for their cut. Now Suge and those guys are Liberty Valence, castaways and irrelevant in a modern unwild west.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

@AP_Sports: Former National League umpire Dutch Rennert dies at 88 http://apne.ws/r8SQ2IZ
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          @ap_sports: Former national league umpire dutch rennert dies at 88 http://apne.ws/r8sq2iz
                          striiiiiiike threeeee!!
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Former wrestler Vader, 63
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Former wrestler Vader, 63
                              Also played Ethan Suplee's character's dad on Boy Meets World.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                @AP_Sports: Former National League umpire Dutch Rennert dies at 88 http://apne.ws/r8SQ2IZ
                                Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                striiiiiiike threeeee!!
                                I heard Rennert was Leslie Nielson's model for the strike calling in the umpire scene in Naked Gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X