Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2017-18: Fare Thee Well!!

Vel Phillips, Milwaukee civil rights leader, council member and judge, 94. She was the first black woman to graduate from the UW law school, the first woman – and first African-American alderman – elected to the Milwaukee Common Council, and the first female judge in Milwaukee County.

Comment

Bruno Sammartino, 82
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
        Vel Phillips, Milwaukee civil rights leader, council member and judge, 94. She was the first black woman to graduate from the UW law school, the first woman – and first African-American alderman – elected to the Milwaukee Common Council, and the first female judge in Milwaukee County.
        Sounds like she did more in her lifetime than others could do in 3. She will be missed.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Bruno Sammartino, 82
          One of the heroes of my youth.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Erin Popovich, wife of San Antonio Spurs HC Gregg Popovich.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Unfortunately, yeah. Longtime couples seem to go that route.
              FWIW, I have a pair of great-great-grandparents who died nine days apart. Also my Baer great-great-great-grandparents died exactly two weeks apart. What I don't know is if either pair died for the reason you are implying or they caught the same illness.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                FWIW, I have a pair of great-great-grandparents who died nine days apart. Also my Baer great-great-great-grandparents died exactly two weeks apart. What I don't know is if either pair died for the reason you are implying or they caught the same illness.
                mookie's maternal grandparents went quickly. grandma passed, and then a couple weeks later pop was gone.

when 41 goes mookie will not benefit from the day off due to the markets being closed. though they may honor him here. but prolly not with a holiday.

either way, mookie will be sad. 41 is a good man. served his country well.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

@davidwade: BREAKING: #WBZ and #Patriots Hall of Famer Gil Santos has passed away. Today was his 78th birthday. He's a legend and will be sorely missed. https://***********/davidwade/status...959232/photo/1
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    @davidwade: BREAKING: #WBZ and #Patriots Hall of Famer Gil Santos has passed away. Today was his 78th birthday. He's a legend and will be sorely missed. https://***********/davidwade/status...959232/photo/1
                    Great pipes and a genuinely good guy who was the voice of the Pats in the 1 - 13 years. Glad he was still on board when the better times came.

Comment

Earl Bruce, 87
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Gil And Gino, a d*mn good reason to turn down the sound on the tv and turn up the radio.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Producer/DJ Avicii (Tim Bergling), 28.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173115938.html

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Producer/DJ Avicii (Tim Bergling), 28.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173115938.html
                            Missed it by 6 months.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Did anyone try to wake him up?
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Missed it by 6 months.
                                Will Muscat tell us what he died from?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X