Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

A night of whiskey/gin/rum, I usually feel fine the next day. A night of beer? I feel it sometimes, but usually bounce back pretty quickly. Trip to the bathroom usually takes care of it. Mixing the two? Toast. I'm useless for days if I went hard enough.

I don't have more than a glass of wine anymore. My head just won't agree with it. It's a shame, I like wine. But holy crap it's not worth it for me. Vera asked me once, while I was clearly struggling to exist after a bottle of wine the previous night, what she could do to help. I told her to cut my head off. Wasn't kidding.

Clearly that's ridiculous. My brain is what it's telling me I'm in pain, and it's my brain that actually hurt. Wouldn't have fixed anything. Didn't matter. I was willing to give it a shot.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 01-20-2018, 02:04 AM.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      A night of whiskey/gin/rum, I usually feel fine the next day. A night of beer? I feel it sometimes, but usually bounce back pretty quickly. Trip to the bathroom usually takes care of it. Mixing the two? Toast. I'm useless for days if I went hard enough.

I don't have more than a glass of wine anymore. My head just won't agree with it. It's a shame, I like wine. But holy crap it's not worth it for me. Vera asked me once, while I was clearly struggling to exist after a bottle of wine the previous night, what she could do to help. I told her to cut my head off. Wasn't kidding.

Clearly that's ridiculous. My brain is what it's telling me I'm in pain, and it's my brain that actually hurt. Wouldn't have fixed anything. Didn't matter. I was willing to give it a shot.
      My biggest issue is when I drink a decent amount of beer, and then decide its a good idea to drink whisky. I don't think it is the mixing of different alcohols, I think it me going from pretty drunk to really ****ing drunk in no time flat.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Never had an issue.

I can attest to why bbdl gets issues.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Southern Tier Thick Mint is showing up around here.... Heard good things last year, but it was after the fact, so we'll see how it goes. Got a 4-pack...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Southern Tier Thick Mint is showing up around here.... Heard good things last year, but it was after the fact, so we'll see how it goes. Got a 4-pack...
            Liquid Andes Mint.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

We had a Founders takeover at mel’s kitchen today. We made it through four of the six barrel aged beers - didn’t get to KBS and CBS. Probably knock those two back with breakfast in the morning.
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                We had a Founders takeover at mel’s kitchen today. We made it through four of the six barrel aged beers - didn’t get to KBS and CBS. Probably knock those two back with breakfast in the morning.
                Still have a couple CBS bottles in the fridge.

Have your Darkness, of course, btw. Awaiting the BA version. If it's as plentiful as last year, you will get the upgrade on the trade once again.

Comment

There's a lot of solid research on this website for dedicated drinkers.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I can't believe that website is even still in existence. I remember stumbling across it over a decade ago at Tech.

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

The only drinking website I remember from college was droogle.com. You put in what you had, it told you what you could make. You could also look up all sorts of variants of drinks.

Google shut them down after a year or so. Haven’t tried to find them in years.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        The only drinking website I remember from college was droogle.com. You put in what you had, it told you what you could make. You could also look up all sorts of variants of drinks.

Google shut them down after a year or so. Haven’t tried to find them in years.
                        There also was idrink, IIRC. Same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Mixing wine with booze is likely the culprit.

I used to get horrific hangovers.

Day long... kidneys even hurt a few times.

Ever since I stopped mixing wine or beer with booze, I almost never get hangovers anymore.

And I put em down.
                          I always heard, liquor then wine, you will be fine.
                          and liquor then beer, you're in the clear

And on the converse, beer before liquor, your going to get sicker.

But I guess a lot of that has to do with the time frame and if you ate, etc.. Slam 6 shots of liquor and follow that up immediately with as many beers as you can as fast as you can and being in the clear is probably not an option, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Kep, sometimes you pull up the funniest sh1t. Or the most informative. This time I think you did both, lol.

Comment

I still love the "reviews" on the bum wine site. I don't think you can even buy Cisco anymore, and it's been years since I saw Night Train for sale. They used to have that and Wild Irish Rose on the bottom shelf at the Houghton Econo Foods, right next to the MD 20/20, Boone's Farm, and Manischewitz.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I still love the "reviews" on the bum wine site. I don't think you can even buy Cisco anymore, and it's been years since I saw Night Train for sale. They used to have that and Wild Irish Rose on the bottom shelf at the Houghton Econo Foods, right next to the MD 20/20, Boone's Farm, and Manischewitz.
                                I saw them both Cisco and Night Train for sale in a liquor store out in Vegas last December, I believe, when I was out there. Although I've been wrong before.

Didn't see any Wild Irish Rose, though?

Comment

Working...
                                X