Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Math atheist

Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

I can get it at the grocery store...

Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    I can get it at the grocery store...
    As of a couple months ago you could still get KBS at the store, too, where you are.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

J. Henry bourbon

Not my favorite. They say five years, I call bull****. This tastes like under 2.

Math atheist

Had Founderís Mothership Series MF Donkey Stout today. Good Lort... first beer since before July 30; heaven. So tasty. Might have to go back after the game to have some more.

The plural of anecdote is not data

Not to bring politics into this sacred thread but anyone think it would be funny if one of the mainstream beer companies started advertising with some of the Kavanaugh hearing footage where he keeps talking about beer?

Miller Lite...the official beer of the Supreme Court. Get Boofed
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Lucia Apologist

So Iíve been trying to find good bottles of wine under $15. Not as easy as I thought.

Tried Michael David petite petit. Not sure Iím a fan. And I donít get why Michael David gets such rave reviews. Everything Iíve had from them has been sub-expectations.

Anyone else have a go to under $15-$20?

He fixes the cable?

Manischewitz.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Manischewitz.
    Goddam Jew.

Tried Lagunitas Mozango tonight. Tasty. All the mango. Mosaic hops with mango ale. Probably better in summer, but it drank well.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Mookie just got a Manhattan

Barkeep ask if mookie wanted a cherry......

Does a bear chit in the woods?!?!?

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie just got a Manhattan

Barkeep ask if mookie wanted a cherry......

Does a bear chit in the woods?!?!?
    That person probably doesn't get whipped cream on a sundae either
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That person probably doesn't get whipped cream on a sundae either
    Brits

Found Privyet by Distihl Brewing (Normal, IL). Don't see much stuff from them up here, so that was a very pleasant surprise. It's their base beer for the BA Dosvidanya.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Having a dry night... this is a Sauvignon Blanc.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Think I might have lost my BCS 2014... Popped a bottle tonight and it still has it's bourbon notes up front, but nothing else on the back end basically... Not a fully skunked beer, but seemingly nothing else to be had....

It's been an interesting journey with this... Started out with 24 bottles. Down to just 2 after this one. This beer peaked for me about 2.5-3 years into the journey. I'm sure I probably could have kept them better (kept in a cool basement (<70*F)). IDK... Dumb luck allowed me to come into 24 bottles so it's been an interesting journey to see how this has changed over the 4 years. It did get smoother and more palatable towards the peak. Seems like time just took it's toll at the back end here....

Think I might have lost my BCS 2014... Popped a bottle tonight and it still has it's bourbon notes up front, but nothing else on the back end basically... Not a fully skunked beer

It's been an interesting journey with this... Started out with 24 bottles. Down to just 2 after this one. This beer peaked for me about 2.5-3 years into the journey. I'm sure I probably could have kept them better (kept in a cool basement (<70*F)). IDK... Dumb luck allowed me to come into 24 bottles so it's been an interesting journey to see how this has changed over the 4 years. It did get smoother and more palatable towards the peak. Seems like time just took it's toll at the back end here....
    I've found that 2-3 years is usually the peak for stouts. That time could be extended if it's a smoked beer (Alaskan Brewing has brought out 15YO Smoked Porters that are wonderful).

Got a great deal today, got a 2017 CBS AND a 2017 3Floyds Dark Lord for $40 total. I know the guy, and know he's stored them proper. Looking forward to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I've found that 2-3 years is usually the peak for stouts. That time could be extended if it's a smoked beer (Alaskan Brewing has brought out 15YO Smoked Porters that are wonderful).

Got a great deal today, got a 2017 CBS AND a 2017 3Floyds Dark Lord for $40 total. I know the guy, and know he's stored them proper. Looking forward to those.
    It was interesting to see how the beer evolved over time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to assemble anything else to really try over an extended time period (able to have 3-4 bottles/year to see how things evolve). Not really worth the effort at this point (not a member of any clubs or spent enough $$ to make "insider lists" at any retailers). It was really cool to do the "vertical" tastings of this over the past 4 years... Just dumb luck that the place I bought this from was able to sell me the 8 bottle limit 3x over the couple of days back in 2014...

It was interesting to see how the beer evolved over time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to assemble anything else to really try over an extended time period (able to have 3-4 bottles/year to see how things evolve). Not really worth the effort at this point (not a member of any clubs or spent enough $$ to make "insider lists" at any retailers). It was really cool to do the "vertical" tastings of this over the past 4 years... Just dumb luck that the place I bought this from was able to sell me the 8 bottle limit 3x over the couple of days back in 2014...
    There are beer groups on FB and such, many have bottle shares (where many of my verticals have come from). Look into it. I agree that it is VERY interesting to see how some beers evolve, and that will help in the future. The key to cellaring is PATIENCE. It's tough sometimes, you have to actively forget you have a beer for a while, but it's worth it.

This little brewery like 3 minutes down the road seems to be doing quite well with their Pazcki infused stout today.... Every Fat Tuesday I explain the awesomeness of paczki to people... Now I get to explain the awesomeness of paczki beer as well for this year

This little brewery like 3 minutes down the road seems to be doing quite well with their Pazcki infused stout today.... Every Fat Tuesday I explain the awesomeness of paczki to people... Now I get to explain the awesomeness of paczki beer as well for this year
    They're jelly filled doughnuts, something non-pollocks can eat 365 days a year.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    They're jelly filled doughnuts, something non-pollocks can eat 365 days a year.
    So, similar to pasties, a glorified common food?

Thread Information