Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Reg Bud is okay for uber cheap macro beer.
    No, it is not, it really is not. I've tasted it before. Enema water would be more enjoyable.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Oh my god.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I was evil today. Picked up a Grape-a-rita tallboy can to share. Yes, everyone hated me for it, but all 4 of us chugged our sample down like champs. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, but it was bad. Really bad. When I set the can on the bar, that stink eye from the others was felt to the bone.
        These must be true friends whom you should cherish!! Most sentient beings would have justifiably bludgeoned you senseless.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          These must be true friends whom you should cherish!! Most sentient beings would have justifiably bludgeoned you senseless.
          Pardon the sexist phrase, but we took it like men. Challenge accepted and all that. Then we had good beer. I promised I'd make it up to them at the next official bottle share that we do once a month. Thinking Bell's Black Note, maybe Epic's Triple Barrel Baptist.

Edit: dx is correct in "Oh my God," as he downed a Grape Colt 45 something or other given to him from Armadillo a couple years back. It was a prank, and we didn't think dx would drink it. He did. Regretted it. Proud that he didn't back down.
          Last edited by The Rube; 03-26-2018, 10:04 PM.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Pardon the sexist phrase, but we took it like men. Challenge accepted and all that. Then we had good beer. I promised I'd make it up to them at the next official bottle share that we do once a month. Thinking Bell's Black Note, maybe Epic's Triple Barrel Baptist.

Edit: dx is correct in "Oh my God," as he downed a Grape Colt 45 something or other given to him from Armadillo a couple years back. It was a prank, and we didn't think dx would drink it. He did. Regretted it. Proud that he didn't back down.
            There are things I regret, but nothing from that weekend
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-26-2018, 10:10 PM.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              There are things I regret, but nothing from that weekend
              I still can't believe you drank that sh*. That was amazing. And yes, I've willingly drank Colt 45 (regular), after college, even.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

There is nothing "manly", nor anything to be proud of, in any of that.

Remember when you used to say a good drinker is a smart drinker? Well, consider your professional status revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  There is nothing "manly", nor anything to be proud of, in any of that.

Remember when you used to say a good drinker is a smart drinker? Well, consider your professional status revoked.
                  You throw down a challenge, it should get accepted. A few years ago post-F5, some UND fans and us were going at it, and ShirtlessGuy told the bartender to make the fruitiest, "girliest," drink and deliver it. The UND fan got the drink, had at least 2-3 flair pieces, pink as pink could be, stood up, and chugged it. We applauded him. He wasn't a snob. That's the line that can be crossed. Are you a connoisseur or a snob?

Comment

You throw down a challenge, it should get accepted. A few years ago post-F5, some UND fans and us were going at it, and ShirtlessGuy told the bartender to make the fruitiest, "girliest," drink and deliver it. The UND fan got the drink, had at least 2-3 flair pieces, pink as pink could be, stood up, and chugged it. We applauded him. He wasn't a snob. That's the line that can be crossed. Are you a connoisseur or a snob?
                    I'm a beer snob. No regrets. Come at me.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Drinking with buddies, drinking for enjoyment, and drinking to get sh-t faced are very different past times, each honorable in its own way in its appropriate circumstances.

Brent's prank stories are ideal examples of drinking with buddies. I'd be proud to count myself a member of a group like that. Taste and dignity pale before camaraderie. Good on you, Brent.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Lime-A-Rita...
                        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                          Lime-A-Rita...
                          Ah. Tales from the past. Before I was enlightened.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Been there. Done that Still.......it was a Grape-a-rita!

On a side note. My youngest had a second interview to be a Marketing Intern for Bell's. I told her to let them know just how much her father alone would increase their sales if she got the job. Unfortunately, she didn't get the job. Oh the possibilities. I told her that despite my disappointment, I still love her.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Drinking with buddies, drinking for enjoyment, and drinking to get sh-t faced are very different past times, each honorable in its own way in its appropriate circumstances.
                            This may be the most profound thing I've read today.
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              Lime-A-Rita...
                              Still delicious...

I'm only a semi beer snob.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Still delicious...

I'm only a semi beer snob.
                                I'm a semi-snob. If there's something good available, I'll drink that. But at the lake I have no problem with a Miller Lite or *gasp* bud light lime. Whatever's cold.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X