Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

So I’ve been trying to find good bottles of wine under $15. Not as easy as I thought.

Tried Michael David petite petit. Not sure I’m a fan. And I don’t get why Michael David gets such rave reviews. Everything I’ve had from them has been sub-expectations.

Anyone else have a go to under $15-$20?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Manischewitz.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Manischewitz.
        Goddam Jew.

Tried Lagunitas Mozango tonight. Tasty. All the mango. Mosaic hops with mango ale. Probably better in summer, but it drank well.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Mookie just got a Manhattan

Barkeep ask if mookie wanted a cherry......

Does a bear chit in the woods?!?!?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Mookie just got a Manhattan

Barkeep ask if mookie wanted a cherry......

Does a bear chit in the woods?!?!?
            That person probably doesn't get whipped cream on a sundae either
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              That person probably doesn't get whipped cream on a sundae either
              Brits
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Found Privyet by Distihl Brewing (Normal, IL). Don't see much stuff from them up here, so that was a very pleasant surprise. It's their base beer for the BA Dosvidanya.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Having a dry night... this is a Sauvignon Blanc.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Think I might have lost my BCS 2014... Popped a bottle tonight and it still has it's bourbon notes up front, but nothing else on the back end basically... Not a fully skunked beer, but seemingly nothing else to be had....

It's been an interesting journey with this... Started out with 24 bottles. Down to just 2 after this one. This beer peaked for me about 2.5-3 years into the journey. I'm sure I probably could have kept them better (kept in a cool basement (<70*F)). IDK... Dumb luck allowed me to come into 24 bottles so it's been an interesting journey to see how this has changed over the 4 years. It did get smoother and more palatable towards the peak. Seems like time just took it's toll at the back end here....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Think I might have lost my BCS 2014... Popped a bottle tonight and it still has it's bourbon notes up front, but nothing else on the back end basically... Not a fully skunked beer

It's been an interesting journey with this... Started out with 24 bottles. Down to just 2 after this one. This beer peaked for me about 2.5-3 years into the journey. I'm sure I probably could have kept them better (kept in a cool basement (<70*F)). IDK... Dumb luck allowed me to come into 24 bottles so it's been an interesting journey to see how this has changed over the 4 years. It did get smoother and more palatable towards the peak. Seems like time just took it's toll at the back end here....
                      I've found that 2-3 years is usually the peak for stouts. That time could be extended if it's a smoked beer (Alaskan Brewing has brought out 15YO Smoked Porters that are wonderful).

Got a great deal today, got a 2017 CBS AND a 2017 3Floyds Dark Lord for $40 total. I know the guy, and know he's stored them proper. Looking forward to those.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I've found that 2-3 years is usually the peak for stouts. That time could be extended if it's a smoked beer (Alaskan Brewing has brought out 15YO Smoked Porters that are wonderful).

Got a great deal today, got a 2017 CBS AND a 2017 3Floyds Dark Lord for $40 total. I know the guy, and know he's stored them proper. Looking forward to those.
                        It was interesting to see how the beer evolved over time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to assemble anything else to really try over an extended time period (able to have 3-4 bottles/year to see how things evolve). Not really worth the effort at this point (not a member of any clubs or spent enough $$ to make "insider lists" at any retailers). It was really cool to do the "vertical" tastings of this over the past 4 years... Just dumb luck that the place I bought this from was able to sell me the 8 bottle limit 3x over the couple of days back in 2014...

Comment

It was interesting to see how the beer evolved over time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to assemble anything else to really try over an extended time period (able to have 3-4 bottles/year to see how things evolve). Not really worth the effort at this point (not a member of any clubs or spent enough $$ to make "insider lists" at any retailers). It was really cool to do the "vertical" tastings of this over the past 4 years... Just dumb luck that the place I bought this from was able to sell me the 8 bottle limit 3x over the couple of days back in 2014...
                          There are beer groups on FB and such, many have bottle shares (where many of my verticals have come from). Look into it. I agree that it is VERY interesting to see how some beers evolve, and that will help in the future. The key to cellaring is PATIENCE. It's tough sometimes, you have to actively forget you have a beer for a while, but it's worth it.

Comment

This little brewery like 3 minutes down the road seems to be doing quite well with their Pazcki infused stout today.... Every Fat Tuesday I explain the awesomeness of paczki to people... Now I get to explain the awesomeness of paczki beer as well for this year

Comment

This little brewery like 3 minutes down the road seems to be doing quite well with their Pazcki infused stout today.... Every Fat Tuesday I explain the awesomeness of paczki to people... Now I get to explain the awesomeness of paczki beer as well for this year
                              They're jelly filled doughnuts, something non-pollocks can eat 365 days a year.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                They're jelly filled doughnuts, something non-pollocks can eat 365 days a year.
                                So, similar to pasties, a glorified common food?

Comment

Working...
                                X