Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Been enjoying Southern Tier's take on Thin Mints (Thick Mint) and found myself Somoa This at the bottle shop on Monday I'm still hoping for a PB Chocolate beer. I had Sweet Baby Jesus from DeClaw last year and it was awesome!
    Thin Mint is great. Haven't had Samoa. Debating on that trigger at my secondary store. For PBP, the F4 was a bit too early. Junkyard (Moorhead) has had their version coming down here for the past couple weeks. Delicious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Thin Mint is great. Haven't had Samoa. Debating on that trigger at my secondary store. For PBP, the F4 was a bit too early. Junkyard (Moorhead) has had their version coming down here for the past couple weeks. Delicious.
      Should be able to finally have it on Monday night (gotta finish tonight's shift and tomorrow's shift). I have high hopes, I am a fan of their sweet beers. Missed out on the Cinnamon Roll beer and was really disappointed because I had heard good things.

Comment

Should be able to finally have it on Monday night (gotta finish tonight's shift and tomorrow's shift). I have high hopes, I am a fan of their sweet beers. Missed out on the Cinnamon Roll beer and was really disappointed because I had heard good things.
        Just give an honest review of your MN beers that bbdl and I gave ya. Anxious to hear.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Just give an honest review of your MN beers that bbdl and I gave ya. Anxious to hear.
          Will do. I'm hoarding them for a bit since once I drink 'em, it'll be unlikely we'll get more of any of those.

Comment

Will do. I'm hoarding them for a bit since once I drink 'em, it'll be unlikely we'll get more of any of those.
            Truth. That's part of the challenge (the other part is when they hit their prime).

Comment

Any of you know brewers in the Chicago area you would recommend? My daughter manages a small farm-to-table restaurant on the North Side (River Valley Farmer's Table) that also has a retail side (mushrooms, cheeses, sauces, veggies, craft beers, select wines, etc) and likes to use small local brewers when possible.
              Last edited by burd; 05-05-2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Any of you know brewers in the Chicago area you would recommend? My daughter manages a small farm-to-table restaurant on the North Side (River Valley Farmer's Table) that also has a retail side (mushrooms, cheeses, sauces, veggies, craft beers, select wines, etc) and likes to use small local brewers when possible.
                Pipewerks, Mikerphone (Elk Grove IL a little NW of CHI).

Comment

Pipewerks, Mikerphone (Elk Grove IL a little NW of CHI).
                  Thx, Brent. Passed it on.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Hailstorm Brewing - Tinley Park, IL
                    Pollyana Brewing - Lemont, IL

Both very solid, growing breweries located in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

All Rise and Revolution were both good. Revolution was particularly good.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        All Rise and Revolution were both good. Revolution was particularly good.
                        Forgot about Revolution. Their barleywine is insane (someone secured a keg of it for last year's Darkness Day).

Comment

Deth’s Tar is also phenomenal.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Revolution is local, but they are past the point of being "small" here in the Chicago area. They are in most supermarkets and about the only place you won't see them is a Gas Station that only has Miller/Bud...

I kinda assumed that Burd wasn't looking for something like that.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Revolution is local, but they are past the point of being "small" here in the Chicago area. They are in most supermarkets and about the only place you won't see them is a Gas Station that only has Miller/Bud...

Pipewerks just hit here in MPLS, but you never know when it comes to "local" breweries, how they want to market themselves. If a small business comes calling, they may get a deal, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

You're right; I wasn't. I don't know beer like you guys, but I was thinking small.

Comment

Working...
                                X