Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

I dunno about availability, that's a main issue with craft beer/distro:

Southern Tier, New Holland Dragon's Milk S'mores variant, Nebraska Brewing Gimme S'more, Great Divide S'mores Yeti (although I don't think that is prime), Short's Smore's stout....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Dessert" beers are a whole category that has a following. Obviously you've found the S'more variety. There is also takes on Ice Cream (Saugatuck Brewing Neopolitan Stout), Cookies (Southern Tier Brewing Thin Mints or Oatmeal Cookie), and of course Chocolate (4 Hands brewing out of STL seems to be pretty wide).

Be that adult kid Kep. It's awesome
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Pastry Stouts.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Pastry Stouts.
          That makes sense. As much as I like this style of beer, I never realized the official name of the sub-genre. I just used the term "Dessert Beer" and would give examples when chatting with people
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            "Dessert" beers are a whole category that has a following. Obviously you've found the S'more variety. There is also takes on Ice Cream (Saugatuck Brewing Neopolitan Stout), Cookies (Southern Tier Brewing Thin Mints or Oatmeal Cookie), and of course Chocolate (4 Hands brewing out of STL seems to be pretty wide).

Be that adult kid Kep. It's awesome
            I had no idea. Looking around they are everywhere!

On my list:

Hardywood Gingerbread Stout
            Funky Buddha French Toast
            Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies (includes cinnamon and raisins)
            High Water Sugaree Maple Pecan Pie
            Reuben’s Brews Hazelnut Praline (14% ABV holy sh-t)
            High Water Campfire Stout
            Voodoo Donut

I have had Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout. It's amazing but the place I had it it was $16 for a pint so I might as well be frugal and do a line of coke.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I had no idea. Looking around they are everywhere!

On my list:

Hardywood Gingerbread Stout
              Funky Buddha French Toast
              Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies (includes cinnamon and raisins)
              High Water Sugaree Maple Pecan Pie
              Reuben’s Brews Hazelnut Praline (14% ABV holy sh-t)
              High Water Campfire Stout
              Voodoo Donut

I have had Southern Tier Creme Brulee Milk Stout. It's amazing but the place I had it it was $16 for a pint so I might as well be frugal and do a line of coke.
              If you can get your hands on some Barrel Theory dessert stouts, do it. Might be best in category.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                If you can get your hands on some Barrel Theory dessert stouts, do it. Might be best in category.
                Thanks.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pastry Stouts.
                  Weldwerks out of Colorado has some interesting flavors of those, including PB&J and Cherry Cobbler Berliner.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Be on the lookout for Trader Joe’s Diamond Reserve. $20 bottle, first lot ever. Rumors of it coming from a winery that only sells $100 bottles. Most reviews put it between $40-$100.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Funky Buddha French Toast is solid.
                      EFF WICKED WEED. They sold out.
                      What DX said about Barrel Theory. EVERYTHING they do is solid.
                      Currently sipping on Fair State's Heckin' Chonker (Barrel Aged Pastry Stout w/Vanilla) it's awesome.
                      Forager (MN), also for Pastry/Dessert beers. They do have a national reputation, so prices are a bit high on the secondary market.

Southern Tier, overall, really nails it for the pastry/dessert beers.

Comment

Last week Funky Buddha released a Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, which I enjoyed. It wasn't overrun by any of those flavors.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Be on the lookout for Trader Joe’s Diamond Reserve. $20 bottle, first lot ever. Rumors of it coming from a winery that only sells $100 bottles. Most reviews put it between $40-$100.
                          Yeah. It’s ****ing great.

I’m buying as much as I can tomorrow.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Last week Funky Buddha released a Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, which I enjoyed. It wasn't overrun by any of those flavors.
                            I believe I've had that, I know I had a version of it, and yeah, it's good.

Comment

The Funky Buddha French Toast is solid.
                              EFF WICKED WEED. They sold out.
                              What DX said about Barrel Theory. EVERYTHING they do is solid.
                              Currently sipping on Fair State's Heckin' Chonker (Barrel Aged Pastry Stout w/Vanilla) it's awesome.
                              Forager (MN), also for Pastry/Dessert beers. They do have a national reputation, so prices are a bit high on the secondary market.

Southern Tier, overall, really nails it for the pastry/dessert beers.
                              No offense, rube, sorry., but....

Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founder’s.

If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, I’d do it twice.
                              Code:

Comment

No offense, rube, sorry., but....

Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founder’s.

If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, I’d do it twice.
                                Ever since I found out about Founders' racism, I stopped buying their beer and unfollowed them on social media.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X