X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    What percentage of people see paychecks compared to direct deposit?
    when i check my account online, I might notice my employer deposited a different amount

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      What percentage of people see paychecks compared to direct deposit?
      I review my bi-weekly HR notice about four times each year, more than that lately, since my hours have been somewhat up and down and I like to see how the taxes vs. 401(k) contributions, etc. have impacted my net pay.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I review my bi-weekly HR notice about four times each year, more than that lately, since my hours have been somewhat up and down and I like to see how the taxes vs. 401(k) contributions, etc. have impacted my net pay.
        Too depressing to look at that thousand dollars a month pulled out for Health Care. Which, the way it is constructed nowadays only really pays for the fire, or tornado situations. Everything is out of my own pocket anyway.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Too depressing to look at that thousand dollars a month pulled out for Health Care. Which, the way it is constructed nowadays only really pays for the fire, or tornado situations. Everything is out of my own pocket anyway.
          wait!! obamacare bad then?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My employer, for all its faults, gave us the option of signing up for an HRA that isn't great compared to pre-Obamacare plans, but they augmented it with other healthcare services that make up the gap. It ends up being fairly good coverage. I end up paying ~$130-195/month (depending upon two or three paychecks that month), and then some deductible amount when I have something major happen.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              wait!! obamacare bad then?
              Depends. Before Obamacare I was seeing a great rise in my out of pocket for Health Care. Obamacare probably accelerated that trend is all. Trust me, Obamacare is not a thing in my house that is looked at kindly. However, if we were a family with a pre-existing condition scenario or something like that I'm sure we'd be onboard in a heartbeat. Me, I've always supported it but I knew and know that it did not fix the systemic problems in Health Care. I begged my Congressman and anyone who would listen for the "new" ideas on Health Care when the Republicans were working on dismantling Obamacare. None came. And now, with this tax bill, they have effectively destroyed it. Without the mandate it's not even really a law anymore it's just back to the same thing I saw in the early 2000's that made me pretty angry and bitter about the issue in the first place.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Is that a reference or meme I should know?
                Have you not read 1984???

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  As CLS said, 1984. The Inner Party sets out new missives through its official news reports and loudspeaker systems, every so often changing which nation has always been its enemy. Upon announcement, the bulk of the population immediately believing it to be true due to their conditioning/brainwashing.
                  Originally posted by CLS View Post

I should read that sometime. Then again, I’m living it so it kind of seems redundant.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Have you not read 1984???
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I should read that sometime. Then again, I’m living it so it kind of seems redundant.
                      Read it. It's a short book.

ETA: The paperback is only 237 pages.

Comment

So I haven't heard much about how the various pre-tax contribution allowances fared in the heist? Are contributions to retirement, med ins, fsa, hsa, etc still pre-tax?

edit: they must be, right? Even the GOP couldn't be that dumb.
                        Last edited by GrinCDXX; 12-20-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Carried interest was supposed to be abolished. It made it through. That's enough right there for any competent legislator to say no.

Comment

Carried interest was supposed to be abolished. It made it through. That's enough right there for any competent legislator to say no.
                            hahahaha. you are so cute
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It's good to read every ten years. I always get more from it. Brave New World is like this, too.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                hahahaha. you are so cute
                                No, I'm an idiot. I wasted my youth and I really wasted years 17-22. And it cost me dearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X