X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Wait. I thought it was that the appointee could not run for re-election? So you don't want to burn a good candidate.

Which of us is confused?
    There is no rule that they cant. MSNBC has no idea what they are talking about. The story they were referencing never even implied as such.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh. OK. What do you think of Tina Smith?
      She is ok but I would rather someone else ran. Plenty of good candidates.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Some thoughts:

1) Kep, there is hope on the tax thing. People are finally understanding the GOP is either a cult or a money laundering enterprise. They wouldn't be passing a stealth cut in the middle of the night if they thought it appealed to even their base. Everybody knows this is a payoff to billionaire GOP donors pure and simple. If middle class people supporting tax cuts for the 1% had any resonance Roy Moore would be in the senate right now because that's basically the argument he, Trump and Bannon were making to elect him (and to get right leaning voters to overlook the fact that he's a conservaperv). Virginia is another good example of this.

2) Saw a funny tweet which said something like why would anybody expect Roy Moore to concede the race when he hasn't yet conceded which side won the Civil War.

3) I really don't get the angst about Minnesota. So out of office for 10 years, creature of DC, boring a ss Tim Pawlenty is an unstoppable force now? Yikes. I'd say he'd be 50/50 to make it out of a primary. Even if he does, if Dems are struggling to win the Minnesota senate seat (provided they didn't nominate a Dem Roy Moore type) I wouldn't worry about it, because that means they've already lost about 10 other Senate seats. If Trumpism isn't playing in Alabama, I'm not sure how well it plays in Minny, but that's just me. Doesn't hurt to have a female candidate in the wake of Franken however.
        TPaw aint winning. That is just Scooby being Scooby.
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Is he the one from NY that blames everything on Muslims or the one from IA that blames everything on Mexicans?
          This is the NO GROUNDZERO MOSQUE!!!!11 one.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh. OK. What do you think of Tina Smith?
            Meh.

There are far better candidates. There's nothing wrong with her, I'm sure she'll be a fine Senator.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interesting... http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ords-in-senate

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Catching up on this thread but IDK if this one has been posted: https://***********/JordanUhl/status/940812997831938050
                I like this one!

https://***********/RoryAlbanese/sta...32011262054400

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Leave Sassy out of this!
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post

IDK why but that smiley seems to go to lowercase for some reason and then doesn't work (prob to prevent all caps posts or something).

Comment

Future GOP Senate nominee.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        My angst is because Trump almost won the state. Because Tim Pawlenty served two terms as Governor. Because our demographics are not much different from Iowa and Wisconsin. This isn't New York, or California, or Washtington, or Oregon. This is a state with a pretty large rural community that likes Trump. And my angst is amplified by being represented in the House by someone who masturbates with Paul Ryan to an Ayn Rand poster.
                        Scooby Trump got almost the same amount of votes as Romney (within 2K IIRC). There is no "Chump surge" in Minny. Simply put, Dems stayed home up and down the ballot, hence GOP gains in the state house as well.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Beginning to seem like pushing through the Heist is a mere formality at this point. Hopefully a fair number of working class whites will see this for what it is and join the building 2018 tidal wave.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/36...le-on-tax-bill

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                            Beginning to seem like pushing through the Heist is a mere formality at this point. Hopefully a fair number of working class whites will see this for what it is and join the building 2018 tidal wave.

They're lining up their next job. Looks for mass retirements next year out of the GOP House followed by most of them landing a job at the very corporations and lobbying firms pushing for this legislation. Dems should run on repealing this ridiculous payoff for Republican campaign contributors over the next two election cycles from President down to animal control officer.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I think setting the limit on mortgage interest at $750K will make most working class whites happy. Even with being able to deduct $10K in SALT that change will hurt a lot of people.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Don't they have to wait for Jones to take his seat to allow for the will of the people of Alabama? I mean, there's no specific rule about that, but nor was there one for the Supreme Court seat.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X