X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Little off topic but I’m calling Sirius xm today to cancel my deal now that they’ve hired Steve Bannon. They’ve had tons of cancellations this weekend and the agents are reading a script about free speech. I certainly respect their free speech, as long as they respect my right to not financially support homophobes, racists, islamaohobes, anti semites
    Correct.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Little off topic but I’m calling Sirius xm today to cancel my deal now that they’ve hired Steve Bannon. They’ve had tons of cancellations this weekend and the agents are reading a script about free speech. I certainly respect their free speech, as long as they respect my right to not financially support homophobes, racists, islamaohobes, anti semites
      Thanks for letting me know. I had been planning to cancel this year anyway, since I hardly ever listen to it anymore. I'll call them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Thanks for letting me know. I had been planning to cancel this year anyway, since I hardly ever listen to it anymore. I'll call them tomorrow.
        I listen to them about 4 hours a day. This is going to be a very difficult decision.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The agents are trying to give out a free month and move you to invoice billing, presumably as it helps reduce number of calcellatioms this weekend. You have to say you want immediate cancellation and ignore their pleas for free service.

Comment

The agents are trying to give out a free month and move you to invoice billing, presumably as it helps reduce number of calcellatioms this weekend. You have to say you want immediate cancellation and ignore their pleas for free service.
            Good to know.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Good to know.
              Yeah I did a lot of reading the Sirius xm Facebook page. They let you read all the visitor posts to the page and people are sharing their cancellation stories. Every post since Friday is anger at Bannon except for one person who keeps posting angry messages about the lack of a Celtic music station

Comment

Lindsey Graham is a little b-tch.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                He's full Trump. No shock. Is he up next year? He sees the writing on the wall. If he's not he just wants his agenda passed so he can hoard all his moola for his family.
                Someone dug up the file that has pics of Graham with a male companion. That's not gonna fly in the Womb of the Confederacy, and they'll find a Trumpster to primary him in 2020 unless he toes the line.

Comment

I listen to them about 4 hours a day. This is going to be a very difficult decision.
                  It's not like he's on every channel 24/7/365. You won't cancel your cable if Kevin Spacey got a gig on Freeform.

If he's on channel 200, don't listen to 200. There's 200 other channels you could listen to.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It's not like he's on every channel 24/7/365. You won't cancel your cable if Kevin Spacey got a gig on Freeform.

If he's on channel 200, don't listen to 200. There's 200 other channels you could listen to.
                    The reasoning is they don't want to support a company that would give someone like him a platform.

Personally, I'm keeping my subscription for now.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

If your cable/satellite/other tv provider added a new channel that exclusively showed live footage of abortions, would you continue to subscribe to that cable/satellite/other tv provider?
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        If your cable/satellite/other tv provider added a new channel that exclusively showed live footage of abortions, would you continue to subscribe to that cable/satellite/other tv provider?
                        Just flip the station, dingbat.

Don't want your children watching primetime trash? Put them to bed.

Let the ratings speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          For a while, I had the TLC channel, which was BS. Those other channels, though.....

I understand the sentiment, but don't agree with it. Just don't watch that channel. The ratings will take care of the glitch. How many folks hate Howard Stern? Or (insert whoever)?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            For a while, I had the TLC channel, which was BS. Those other channels, though.....

I understand the sentiment, but don't agree with it. Just don't watch that channel. The ratings will take care of the glitch. How many folks hate Howard Stern? Or (insert whoever)?
                            I was really just asking joecct, hence the abortion related example.

That being said, I don't really have much an opinion on the issue, as I don't have Sirius. I do find it very similar though to all the people who quit watching the NFL due to the kneelers.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

No sense in continuing to give my money to a company that's giving Bannon airtime, when I no longer listen to any of their other stations as it is.

More of an affirmation of a decision I'd already made, no?

Comment

No sense in continuing to give my money to a company that's giving Bannon airtime, when I no longer listen to any of their other stations as it is.

More of an affirmation of a decision I'd already made, no?
                                That would be a legit reasoning.

I don't have Sirius, as I don't spend enough time listening to radio as it is, so meh on my end.

Comment

Working...
                                X