This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

You want to bust out laughing? This is what Steve Mnuchin came up with for the tax bill. Remember, he stated the TAX CUTS would pay for themselves. Now they don't without WELFARE REFORM and INFRASTRUCTURE SPENDING.

Stevie Boy has been on every talk show you can imagine, lying, about how this tax bill pays for itself. WELFARE REFORM means what? Steal from the poor even more than the tax bill does. INFRASTRUCTURE SPENDING means what? More spending at the federal level which means the tax cut gets paid for but how does the INFRASTRUCTURE SPENDING get paid for?

Tell Trump and Congress that BROWNBACK failed in Kansas. Stop trying to duplicate it.

The Treasury Department said Monday that the GOP tax plan currently before Congress would need an assist from other Trump administration priorities to pay for itself.

Tax cuts alone aren't enough, Treasury said in a one-page analysis, citing welfare reform and infrastructure spending as additional boosts to the economy.

The analysis assumes that an economy led by Republicans would boost revenues by $1.8 trillion over a decade — more than enough to pay for the roughly $1.5 trillion in tax cuts envisioned by Republicans.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has been saying for months that his department would produce an analysis that proved the tax cuts would be fully paid for, and other top Republicans like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have insisted they have no doubt that would be the case.
    https://www.treasury.gov/press-cente...mo12-11-17.pdf

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...an-plan-217504
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

According to one report, there may be one tiny nugget of goodness hiding under the whole stinking pile of the tax plan: The elimination of the personal healthcare mandate. However, I can't celebrate this small victory unless it's still true that it was a law that was never enforced by any citation, fine, or penalty in its history (so that only the people who care about following the law follow it). Does anyone know if it has ever been enforced?
      To clarify, a law that is by policy unenforced is far worse than no law at all. It costs the Obamacare program its credibility at the cost of a working balance of risk.
      Last edited by geezer; 12-13-2017, 04:45 PM.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        According to one report, there may be one tiny nugget of goodness hiding under the whole stinking pile of the tax plan: The elimination of the personal healthcare mandate. However, I can't celebrate this small victory unless it's still true that it was a law that was never enforced by any citation, fine, or penalty in its history (so that only the people who care about following the law follow it). Does anyone know if it has ever been enforced?
        I see. Another supporter of the destruction of Obamacare. Good idea.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I see. Another supporter of the destruction of Obamacare. Good idea.
          ?
          Drunk already ScoobyDoo?
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

?
            Drunk already ScoobyDoo?
            Rates will go up even more without the mandate. I've done the homework, have you?

Comment

To clarify, a law that is by policy unenforced is far worse than no law at all. It costs the Obamacare program its credibility at the cost of a working balance of risk.
              You pay a penalty on your taxes for each month you're uncovered, I had to do it last year when between jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                You pay a penalty on your taxes for each month you're uncovered, I had to do it last year when between jobs.
                Well then, that's good and bad. Good if they made the law real instead of treating it as a make-believe pretend law for those interested in playing, but it also means that this repeal and the rest of the Republican tax plan is 100% steaming pile from top to bottom. There's no good in there anywhere, as far as I know. Is there? I mean they decided not to tax the pass-through tuition funds on grad students, but that's like deciding not to shoot the last crippled child at Wounded Knee because you know she'll starve anyway.

Comment

Well then, that's good and bad. Good if they made the law real instead of treating it as a make-believe pretend law for those interested in playing, but it also means that this repeal and the rest of the Republican tax plan is 100% steaming pile from top to bottom. There's no good in there anywhere, as far as I know. Is there? I mean they decided not to tax the pass-through tuition funds on grad students, but that's like deciding not to shoot the last crippled child at Wounded Knee because you know she'll starve anyway.
                  Yeah... it's pretty much a steaming pile no argument there. It might be good (for you) if you have a LLC or something but that's about all I can think of.

Comment

Here's where the national debt is: https://solari.com/blog/the-missing-...mark-skidmore/

Comment

Someone is buying a good chunk of Murdoch's empire. That’s good.
                      It’s Disney. That’s bad.

I can’t think of anything else that’s good to keep the joke running

They aren’t buying the news business. That’s bad.
                      It includes The Simpsons. That’s bad.

ETA: It includes Hulu, X-men, NatGeo.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-14-2017, 07:18 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Onion found somebody who likes the tax heist bill.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Republican Party in one chart:

Last edited by Kepler; 12-14-2017, 02:23 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            The Republican Party in one chart:

The biggest changes in the correlation direction I assume you're trying to convey, especially with the bottom 90%, seem to happen during Democrat controlled times. Just saying...

Comment

Remember when we said it would be just too tempting for a GOP Senator to posture on The Heist?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Remember when we said it would be just too tempting for a GOP Senator to posture on The Heist?
                                I just don't get why he's pushing for the child tax credit. It doesn't fit his politics.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X