Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

So with the April snow storms here, the roads turned into a glazed ice by this morning. It was cold enough for the road salt not to work early this morning. Not caring about that, someone driving a car whose make/model couldn't be identified by her anymore had received a nice scissor cut of sorts from the rear end of a school bus. I happened to be on the phone with my fiancée this morning when she came across it during her crawl into work this morning. She was having a hard time holding back the tears, it looked so terrible.

Other drivers are idiots.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      So with the April snow storms here, the roads turned into a glazed ice by this morning. It was cold enough for the road salt not to work early this morning. Not caring about that, someone driving a car whose make/model couldn't be identified by her anymore had received a nice scissor cut of sorts from the rear end of a school bus. I happened to be on the phone with my fiancée this morning when she came across it during her crawl into work this morning. She was having a hard time holding back the tears, it looked so terrible.

Other drivers are idiots.
      Some driver couldn't make it up the not-steep hill on Hopkins Crossroad, just north of Cedar Lake Rd, just south of 394. He kept trying, and failing, which made traffic back up halfway to Minnetonka Blvd. He had a mid-size FWD sedan. You kidding me? Driver finally gave up and slid back into the shoulder, relieving traffic. As I passed by, in my RWD sports car, I saw his problem (besides idiocy): he was trying to go full acceleration because obviously full throttle is what you need in icy conditions.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

@capitalweather: UPDATE: We do NOT believe the low of minus-24 set in Stambaugh Sunday was a Michigan state record for April. We and @usatodayweather have independently found evidence of colder readings on Apr. 1, 1923. More info: https://wapo.st/2ExS3KD @NWSMarquette https://twitter.com/capitalweather/s...280963/photo/1
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It looks like the weight of all that snow up north compressed the map.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mother nature says not yet. 3'-6' predicted this weekend.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Mother nature says not yet. 3'-6' predicted this weekend.
              We might get 72 inches of snow this weekend? Time for research! And time to make a grocery run.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                We might get 72 inches of snow this weekend? Time for research! And time to make a grocery run.
                That's a misread...3 to 6 lbs of snow
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Lol
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's not 3-6 minutes of snow?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      It's not 3-6 minutes of snow?
                      Think its more like decades.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Some are freaking out about a "possible 17 inches of snow" this weekend in MPLS. If that happens, I'll get someone to videotape me chugging a pint of IPA (I hate IPAs), and will somehow post/share it.

Weather Terrorists in full effect.

Edit: Bonus, it will be in my mini-boot glass at my local brewery.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Literally no one is forecasting that. Virtually every forecast is for 4-10”.

Who is forecasting that?
                          Code:

Comment

Who is forecasting that?
                            I saw it today, floating around. Hell, if it hits 10" in my 'hood, same thing. 55305 ZIP code.

Isanti weather report, posted by Flag Guy (GPL, not gonna post his real name).

Comment

Who is forecasting that?
                              I overheard someone say something along these lines at work. Haven't seen any actual forecast that says it though.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You just love trotting out the weather terrorist line.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X