Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    People don't seem to understand how difficult it is to get weather predictions right, with the ability for it all to have one seemingly small part of the equation change and make the whole prior prediction invalid. Let alone, they nailed the prediction with exception to the timing, and that was only off by a few hours. I got off work at 3:00, and while on the bus ride home, the roads became whiter and whiter. In fact, it was near white-out conditions by the time I got into my car.
    I picked up my wife at work yesterday, it was snowing, we decided to go to happy hour instead of driving home. Snow can suck my dick.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I picked up my wife at work yesterday, it was snowing, we decided to go to happy hour instead of driving home. Snow can suck my dick.
      I drove from Apple Valley to Mendota Heights to meet up with my fiancée, but that took 45 minutes, and I stayed until 11:00PM. It would've normally taken about 15 minutes for that drive if not for the weather.

There's now a giant mound of snow on the south side of my driveway from the plows (townhome). It's a minimum of 8.5 feet tall, might be close to 10'. I only saw it briefly while leaving the house this morning.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Don't you live in Trumpville, MD?
        He swam the Potomac. I, on the other hand, live in deep blue Montgomery County. Red starts at the western and northern borders.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          People don't seem to understand how difficult it is to get weather predictions right, with the ability for it all to have one seemingly small part of the equation change and make the whole prior prediction invalid. Let alone, they nailed the prediction with exception to the timing, and that was only off by a few hours. I got off work at 3:00, and while on the bus ride home, the roads became whiter and whiter. In fact, it was near white-out conditions by the time I got into my car.
          Nova this week talked about just that. How one tiny change in a single variable can have an enormous impact on the calculations when it’s 24-hours in advance. They showed the progression of just the jet stream predictions using something like 1-7 day spaghetti plots and then compared them to the actual. It was pretty incredible how accurate they are.

Obviously they still get things wrong. But people get ****ed because “they said it was going to snow here, this amount, and at this time. And it didn’t”

Well, actually, it did snow slightly later, slightly less. Unless you look 30 miles away where it did snow, at that time, that amount. 30 miles is a remarkablely accurate prediction. Humans, aided by computers, are accurately predicting the future.

That’s incredible and one of the greatest scientific achievements in history.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            That’s incredible and one of the greatest scientific achievements in history.
            Like the Shakeweight.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The “ice bj” is fun (and mookie isn’t talking about a sloppy from a Guatemalan)
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jeebus. Now half the lunchroom wants to know what’s so funny.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  The “ice bj” is fun (and mookie isn’t talking about a sloppy from a Guatemalan)
                  I'd be worried about frostbite.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I was just going to post "Brrrrr" but mookie did a better job.

Comment

Gives one incentive to come quicker

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Gives one incentive to come quicker
                        Oh, Mookie, you need to enjoy the process!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          blue balls?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This went downhill quickly...
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              This went downhill quickly...
                              That's what she said?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Oh, Mookie, you need to enjoy the process!
                                Next you're going to ask if she enjoyed it too??

Comment

Working...
                                X