Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    When did you become a 70 year old curmudgeon?
    Not only that, but they have to make decisions based on the data they have at the time. You can't wait until buses are being sent out to cancel school. It's better to cancel early and be wrong every so often than to not cancel and have it be a disaster.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Not only that, but they have to make decisions based on the data they have at the time. You can't wait until buses are being sent out to cancel school. It's better to cancel early and be wrong every so often than to not cancel and have it be a disaster.
      Oh please they used to cancel school at 6am stop it you sound foolish. (or later if there was the "2 hour late start" ) They cancelled it at 8pm when snow wasnt expected for like 10 more hours in the best projections. (and that shifted well before THE BUSSES WERE BEING SENT OUT!!!!)

And lets not forget how bad the Weather Terrorists screwed it up to begin with. Nice prediction model I did a better job based on looking at my phone for 12 seconds than you did with all the "data". (I said after the gf got the call the snow wouldnt hit us until way later than they said and this will all look ridiculous)

There has to be a happy medium where you dont look stupid as heck (MNDOT and the Districts do no matter how you slice it) and still give everyone enough time. It isnt like this is new stuff for us there is a reason people watch morning news in the winter and it aint the tasty recipes and witty repartee

And Grey I enjoy having the house to myself during the day so if I am going to lose that the weather better be friggin awful!!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I wish the Weather Terrorists were wrong.
        I've moved way too < bleep > much heavy wet snow already today and more is coming overnight.

This version of "snow" is why I moved back to ND from the east coast.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          When did you become a 70 year old curmudgeon?
          Isn't he supposed to add some words about having to walk 10 miles each way to and from school, uphill both ways, into the wind, with his brother, in 6 feet of snow, and they only had three snowshoes between the two of them?
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Oh please they used to cancel school at 6am stop it you sound foolish. (or later if there was the "2 hour late start" ) They cancelled it at 8pm when snow wasnt expected for like 10 more hours in the best projections. (and that shifted well before THE BUSSES WERE BEING SENT OUT!!!!)

And lets not forget how bad the Weather Terrorists screwed it up to begin with. Nice prediction model I did a better job based on looking at my phone for 12 seconds than you did with all the "data". (I said after the gf got the call the snow wouldnt hit us until way later than they said and this will all look ridiculous)

There has to be a happy medium where you dont look stupid as heck (MNDOT and the Districts do no matter how you slice it) and still give everyone enough time. It isnt like this is new stuff for us there is a reason people watch morning news in the winter and it aint the tasty recipes and witty repartee

And Grey I enjoy having the house to myself during the day so if I am going to lose that the weather better be friggin awful!!
            Yeah, and it probably has to do a lot with newer contracts the districts sign. I wouldn't be shocked if the bus companies and maybe even teacher's unions have clauses where you need to make a decision by a certain time the night before or you still pay.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I wish the Weather Terrorists were wrong.
              I've moved way too < bleep > much heavy wet snow already today and more is coming overnight.

This version of "snow" is why I moved back to ND from the east coast.
              We have a half a foot here already and I’m guessing it will be another half a foot by morning.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nothing started until 3pm in Plymouth MN, so IMO the schools over-reacted. Good point on the contracts, but it's still an over-reaction in this particular case.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Nothing started until 3pm in Plymouth MN, so IMO the schools over-reacted. Good point on the contracts, but it's still an over-reaction in this particular case.
                  USA Hockey HS Nationals coming to Plymouth in 2 weeks. Hope the weather breaks by then.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    USA Hockey HS Nationals coming to Plymouth in 2 weeks. Hope the weather breaks by then.
                    Since when would a little snow and ice impact whether a hockey tournament is going to happen? This is MN, not Texas.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Since when would a little snow and ice impact whether a hockey tournament is going to happen? This is MN, not Texas.
                      They're coming from all over the USA. Some places have only seen snowplows in picture books.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        They're coming from all over the USA. Some places have only seen snowplows in picture books.
                        Well good for them, hope they learn fast. This is hockey. Hockey is played in the snow, ice and cold, if you can't deal with that, take up bowling.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

"If you don't play this game with a lot of heart and a big bag of knuckles, you don't got dinky-doo."

It takes heart to be in the northern plains in the winter.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            It takes lack of other options to be in the northern plains in the winter.
                            Your post. Fixed it did I.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Your post. Fixed it did I.
                              Don't you live in Trumpville, MD?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Yeah, and it probably has to do a lot with newer contracts the districts sign. I wouldn't be shocked if the bus companies and maybe even teacher's unions have clauses where you need to make a decision by a certain time the night before or you still pay.
                                People don't seem to understand how difficult it is to get weather predictions right, with the ability for it all to have one seemingly small part of the equation change and make the whole prior prediction invalid. Let alone, they nailed the prediction with exception to the timing, and that was only off by a few hours. I got off work at 3:00, and while on the bus ride home, the roads became whiter and whiter. In fact, it was near white-out conditions by the time I got into my car.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X