Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    At least we enter the new year on an upward trend!
    Global Warming!!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      That's an amazing Tweet.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

It's gotten all the way up to 12 and it is now snowing. Although when I asked Alexa how much snow was forecast she said it wasn't going to snow...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          It's gotten all the way up to 12 and it is now snowing. Although when I asked Alexa how much snow was forecast she said it wasn't going to snow...
          Got a dusting here.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I'm stealing that.
            That's cold.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              This is true. It's like the rule that the paper mill is always upwind.
              Sugar beet plant

Or, taking the obligatory shots at NDSU (I haven't met December quota yet, so ... )
              NDSU stock yards
              Fargo city dump

Yes, the Fargo dump and the NDSU stock yards are in city limits on the NW corner of the city, in a region with predominant NWerlies.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Frosty goodness ... for 72 hours!

Code:
                URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
                National Weather Service Grand Forks ND
                1255 PM CST Fri Dec 29 2017

MNZ001>009-013>017-022>024-027>032-NDZ008-016-027-030-039-049-052-
                053-311900-
                /O.CON.KFGF.WC.W.0002.171230T0000Z-180101T1500Z/
                /O.CON.KFGF.WC.Y.0013.000000T0000Z-171230T0000Z/
                West Polk-Norman-Clay-Kittson-Roseau-Lake Of The Woods-West Marshall-East Marshall-North Beltrami-Pennington-Red Lake-
                East Polk-North Clearwater-South Beltrami-Mahnomen-South Clearwater-Hubbard-West Becker-East Becker-Wilkin-West Otter Tail-East Otter Tail-Wadena-Pembina-Eastern Walsh County-Grand Forks-Traill-Cass-Ransom-Sargent-Richland-

Including the cities of Crookston, East Grand Forks, Ada, Twin Valley, Halstad, Moorhead, Hallock, Karlstad, Lancaster, Roseau, Warroad, Greenbush, Baudette, Warren, Stephen, Argyle, Newfolden, Middle River, Grygla, Red Lake, Redby, Ponemah, Thief River Falls, Red Lake Falls, Fosston, Fertile, McIntosh, Erskine, Bagley, Clearbrook, Bemidji, Mahnomen, Naytahwaush, Waubun, Alida, Ebro, Lake Itasca, Long Lost Lake, Lower Rice Lake, Roy Lake, Upper Rice Lake, Park Rapids, Detroit Lakes, Wolf Lake, Breckenridge, Fergus Falls, Perham, New York Mills, Parkers Prairie, Henning, Battle Lake, Wadena, Menahga, Cavalier, Walhalla, Drayton, Pembina, Neche, St. Thomas, Grafton, Park River, Grand Forks, Mayville, Hillsboro, Hatton, Portland, Fargo, Lisbon, Enderlin, Gwinner, Milnor, Forman,
                Rutland, and Wahpeton

1255 PM CST Fri Dec 29 2017

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
                EVENING...
                ...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
                9 AM CST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills expected. Very cold wind
                  chills expected. The dangerously cold wind chills will cause
                  frostbite in as little as 10 minutes to exposed skin. Expect
                  wind chills to range from 25 below zero to 50 below zero.
                  Expect wind chills to range from 20 below zero to 30 below
                  zero.

* WHERE...Portions of central, north central, northwest and west
                  central Minnesota and northeast and southeast North Dakota.

* WHEN...For the Wind Chill Warning, from 6 PM this evening to 9
                  AM CST Monday. For the Wind Chill Advisory, until 6 PM CST this
                  evening.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Wind Chill Warning means the combination of very cold air and
                the wind will create dangerously low wind chill values. Frost
                bite can occur quickly and even hypothermia or death if
                precautions are not taken.

A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
                combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
                occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
                gloves.

$$

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

http://celebedition.com/wp-content/u...athermeme0.jpg
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The 3/4 of a mile from Maroosh to my car in dinkytown was particularly not fun.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      The 3/4 of a mile from Maroosh to my car in dinkytown was particularly not fun.
                      While I went out for a smoke this morning in a bathrobe/slippers, and it wasn't that bad, it's much worse tonight. This is really sucking now.

Comment

My mom also got me a throw from the Faribault Mill for Christmas. It’s exceptional. It’s made from recycled wool and blended with recycled acrylic. I had never heard of them before but this blanket is incredibly warm. It’s also quite soft. Huge fan of recycling material as well. They aren’t cheap but I like it so much.

I’d use it in my car as an emergency blanket and something to take to football games but I’m not sure it’s going to leave my living room.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

@chrisdolcewx: Wind chill as cold as -58 F in Hettinger, ND, this morning. Lowest I've seen thus far. https://***********/chrisdolcewx/sta...507520/photo/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            @chrisdolcewx: Wind chill as cold as -58 F in Hettinger, ND, this morning. Lowest I've seen thus far. https://***********/chrisdolcewx/sta...507520/photo/1
                            Rugby, ND, had that Friday or Saturday per a local news station.
                            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-31-2017, 09:25 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Rugby, ND, had that Friday or Saturday per a local news station.
                              My buddy's truck this morning in Bangor, 27 below

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                My buddy's truck this morning in Bangor, 27 below

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                That's right now up in Baudette, MN (KBDE, south of Lake of the Woods).
                                http://www.aviationweather.gov/metar...alse&taf=false

Is it BAW-det, or buh-DET?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X