Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Got about 3" of snow overnight and then some horrific torrential rains and wind afterward. Scary, scary driving (of course, in my brand new car).
    Congrats on ditching the BMW Mini Money Pit!

What did you end up getting?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Congrats on ditching the BMW Mini Money Pit!

What did you end up getting?
      I loved my Mini, but I just couldn't keep pouring money in.

I got a 2018 Red Honda Civic Sport 6-speed. Black seats. 18" wheels, 180hp, 1.5L Turbo.
      It's...pretty fun

Comment

I like the look of the new Civics. Well done.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I loved my Mini, but I just couldn't keep pouring money in.

I got a 2018 Red Honda Civic Sport 6-speed. Black seats. 18" wheels, 180hp, 1.5L Turbo.
          It's...pretty fun
          Right this way, here's your vape pen, Supreme shirt, and compilation of bad EDM. :P

Those look seriously fun.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Right this way, here's your vape pen, Supreme shirt, and compilation of bad EDM. :P

You got the Prius mixed up with the Civic. Just saying.

More snow here on Wed, just a couple inches. Ugh.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It is. I drove the Crosstrek and the Toyota Corolla and looked at the Mazda 3, but liked this the best. I knew better than to try a Golf/GTI.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I have never known a Prius owner to be big into vaping or EDM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No, the Prius gets the Coexist bumper sticker, Bernie 2020 shirt, and Whole Foods cloth bag.

Actually, what I described is more WRX.

*sashays faaaabulously back to his MX-5*

Comment

No, the Prius gets the Coexist bumper sticker, Bernie 2020 shirt, and Whole Foods cloth bag.

God, those Coexist stickers....I agree with the concept but could you BE more preachy?

Comment

I'm afraid of the WRX -- pretty sure I'd kill myself driving one of those.
                      I don't have a Coexist sticker -- I do have "Love People. Cook Them Tasty Food." And while I shop at Whole Foods, I use generic bags (and shop at our local place too).

Comment

I don't have a Coexist sticker -- I do have "Love People. Cook Them Tasty Food." And while I shop at Whole Foods, I use generic bags (and shop at our local place too).
                        I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).

Comment

The WRX is also on my "hard veto" list. Motorcycles are also - my dad rode for years and told me I'm the last person he wants to see on one. You have to pay attention to EVERYTHING going on (especially in Michigan where deer are an epidemic,) and I'm not that person. (And then he turns around and complains that the Millennials are killing Harley-Davidson.)

Sticking with the Miata for now because I know enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous.

Comment

I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).
                            King Soopers (local Kroger affiliate) for main groceries. Occasional trip to Trader Joe's to supplement if I feel like treating myself.

Comment

The WRX is also on my "hard veto" list. Motorcycles are also - my dad rode for years and told me I'm the last person he wants to see on one. You have to pay attention to EVERYTHING going on (especially in Michigan where deer are an epidemic,) and I'm not that person. (And then he turns around and complains that the Millennials are killing Harley-Davidson.)

Sticking with the Miata for now because I know enough Gran Turismo to be dangerous.
                              A guy in the GPL group rides a Harley, followed us on our Houghton Trip every year. We'd point out road things for him to swerve by. I love bikes, but would NEVER ride one. Nope. I don't want to worry about additional sh*. Heck, I watch my every move in my current vehicle, of course, the canary yellow doesn't help, but still.....

Comment

Our "local" is a chain of 189 stores in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, so local is relative. Our farm stands are too expensive for my taste. I tend to buy stuff at both Whole Foods and the local -- they're about .5 miles apart. Certain stuff is cheaper at the local (butter, milk, TP, etc)., but I like the quality of the veggies and some of the meat at the local. I also have a butcher that I try to visit that raises animals and owns his own slaughterhouse and is VERY reasonably priced. I wanted to do a farm share, but with the new car, I don't think I have the money to put the payment upfront.

Plus with this stupid-*** weather, who knows what the growing season will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X