This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Dan, did it ever occur to you the "schedule makers" might have thought that UNH is a stronger team overall than Stony Brook? UNH had to beat the #4 seed today. Hardly a scheduling gift.

Comment

Richie Boyd!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-02-2017, 06:17 PM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I assumed UNH avoided James Madison, while a 9-2 Stony Brook (who beat UNH) was placed in the Harrisonburg bracket because SBU and JMU had not played in the regular season. But next week's opponent SDSU beat Northern Iowa in the second round after facing them during the regular season...

Schedule makers everywhere doing their best for the Wildcats this year!!

#ScheduleMakers4MVP
        Great win for UNH in any case though. Not sure the bracket is that cupcake because UNH probs would have to face JMU if they get by SDSU!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
          Can we get Coach Mac to coach the hockey team when they get to the playoffs?
          Good one

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            Dan, did it ever occur to you the "schedule makers" might have thought that UNH is a stronger team overall than Stony Brook? UNH had to beat the #4 seed today. Hardly a scheduling gift.
            Did it ever occur to you I was making a joke?

Sense you're in a serious mood, however, I never implied that UCA was a scheduling gift - but avoiding JMU until as late in the tournament as possible certainly is for ANY team.

Did it ever occur to me that the tournament committee thought UNH (4 losses, loss to SBU, shut out by Albany and squarely on the bubble in the final week) was a better team entering the tournament than SBU (2 losses, One at #23 FBS USF, beat UNH head-to-head)? No and it still hasn't. They'd be crazy to have thought so. I'm sure they have their reasons for team placement however...

Likely those reasons were geographically financial (bus vs fly) and it benefitted UNH greatly. I watched the game and am rooting for UNH as much as anyone. Recognizing their good fortune doesn't mean otherwise. Playing UCA, instead of JMU gave them a chance to advance. Congrats to them for being good enough to capitalize.

I think they can beat SDSU. They won't beat JMU. And the biggest difference between their tournament experience and SBUs will be the draw. As an objective fan I can deal with that, raise the question and still be thrilled with the result...
            Last edited by Dan; 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Richie Boyd!
              Really nice first goal of the season! No one that I would rather see score that one.

Comment

Did it ever occur to you I was making a joke?

Sense you're in a serious mood, however, I never implied that UCA was a scheduling gift - but avoiding JMU until as late in the tournament as possible certainly is for ANY team.

Did it ever occur to me that the tournament committee thought UNH (4 losses, loss to SBU, shut out by Albany and squarely on the bubble in the final week) was a better team entering the tournament than SBU (2 losses, One at #23 FBS USF, beat UNH head-to-head)? No and it still hasn't. They'd be crazy to have thought so. I'm sure they have their reasons for team placement however...

Likely those reasons were geographically financial (bus vs fly) and it benefitted UNH greatly. I watched the game and am rooting for UNH as much as anyone. Recognizing their good fortune doesn't mean otherwise. Playing UCA, instead of JMU gave them a chance to advance. Congrats to them for being good enough to capitalize.

I think they can beat SDSU. They won't beat JMU. And the biggest difference between their tournament experience and SBUs will be the draw. As an objective fan I can deal with that, raise the question and still be thrilled with the result...
                You need to chill.

Comment

You need to chill.
                  Hahaha, you snapped at me and I need to chill for responding with the resumes? If you didn't want to discuss who had the better season between UNH and SBU, or where they were sent, you should have chilled instead of snapping...
                  Last edited by Dan; 12-02-2017, 07:36 PM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

For those still playing the home game (old Robin Williams joke) we are hanging in there 1-0. Decent 2nd period. Much better play tonight. Here's hoping we can hold on for the 3rd! Go 'Cats!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Yes, great game. Zebras calling lots of questionable on both sides. But, UNH PK still getting it done. Need a great third.

Comment

Hahaha, you snapped at me and I need to chill for responding with the resumes? If you didn't want to discuss who had the better season between UNH and SBU, or where they were sent, you should have chilled instead of snapping...
                        I didn't snap. You just seem to look for everything bad about UNH. Go back and look at your previous posts.

Comment

I didn't snap. You just seem to look for everything bad about UNH. Go back and look at your previous posts.
                          So what you're saying here is you missed the joke, overreacted and now, after my post with objective information, want no part of a real discussion about seeding so you're going to change the subject and target me...? Haha, got it!

Yeah, as someone who cares about the program's success, when hockey is a mess most of my hockey posts aren't going to drip with positivity. I'm young enough to remember what I've posted. I call it like I see it - usually after a lot of research.

In the meantime, I'll stop making jokes or offering objective responses to direct questions about the DII (we decided on DII right? JK! JK!) football program since I don't care nearly as much as some others.

Sorry ecat if I ruined the win for you! When I referenced the schedule maker joke I made last week with a joke based on a simple observation this week, I really only meant to ruin it for scoreboard...
                          Last edited by Dan; 12-02-2017, 08:04 PM.
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

So what you're saying here is you missed the joke, overreacted and now, after my post with objective information, want no part of a real discussion about seeding so you're going to change the subject and target me...? Haha, got it!

Yeah, as someone who cares about the program's success, when hockey is a mess most of my hockey posts aren't going to drip with positivity. I'm young enough to remember what I've posted. I call it like I see it - usually after a lot of research.

In the meantime, I'll stop making jokes or offering objective responses to direct questions about the DII (we decided on DII right? JK! JK!) football program since I don't care nearly as much as some others.

Sorry ecat if I ruined the win for you! When I referenced the schedule maker joke I made last week with a joke based on a simple observation this week, I really only meant to ruin it for scoreboard...
                            You have proved my point....

Comment

I'm just here to help!

You and Chuck have cornered the negativity market Chuck' s in good company

Comment

That was a great college hockey game dontcha think Dan?

Comment

Working...
                                X