Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
    I saw both Endicott - Nichols games over the weekend. Friday, Nichols outskated Endicott and last night Endicott hit everything that moved and took Nichols out of their game. Looking forward to the next three weeks and playoffs.
    I did not see the game last night, I was at UNE watching them beat a very good Wentworth team. I figured that Endicott was going to hit everything that moved last night. They sort of tried that about midway through the 3rd on Friday. When they started hitting, Nichols did seem to take a step back, but the game was lost by that time. I think EC has speed and size going for them and that should be a big part of their game.

I was really impressed with Wentworth. The move the puck well, seem to be well coached and they have some kids who could skate with anyone. Seems like the need to work a bot more on team defense, seemed to get lost a couple of times that resulted in goals for UNE.

EC has two big weekends coming up in the next three weeks, Salve and UNE. It should be fun.

Comment

I agree with your comments on Wentworth. I saw them early in the season and was impressed. I know their record isn't very good but they've been in most games, tying Nichols and one of their losses to Endicott was one goal. If they can keep it together they could be tough in a year or two.

Comment

Playoffs for the CCC could be very interesting. I've watched a lot of the league games this year from every team. The top teams are obviously more skilled on a nightly basis vs the bottom teams but the physical play of those such teams could be enough to shut down some of those high end 1st lines of Endicott, UNE, Salve, Nichols. I was on hand for the UNE wentworth game at University of New England. Wentworth was hitting everything in sight when the first line got on the ice. The final was 6-5. I believe 3 of those were on PP which we all know how dangerous UNE is man up. Point being that come playoff time I wouldn't be shocked if there happens to be a first round upset. Looking forward to see who finishes on top of the CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
          Playoffs for the CCC could be very interesting. I've watched a lot of the league games this year from every team. The top teams are obviously more skilled on a nightly basis vs the bottom teams but the physical play of those such teams could be enough to shut down some of those high end 1st lines of Endicott, UNE, Salve, Nichols. I was on hand for the UNE wentworth game at University of New England. Wentworth was hitting everything in sight when the first line got on the ice. The final was 6-5. I believe 3 of those were on PP which we all know how dangerous UNE is man up. Point being that come playoff time I wouldn't be shocked if there happens to be a first round upset. Looking forward to see who finishes on top of the CCC.
          Could not agree with you more! The playoffs will definitely be fun to watch. This conference has come a long way in two short years. From top to bottom, most teams go into the game with a chance of pulling out a victory.

I really think that Salve and Endicott have established their identities as a team, not so sure about UNE or Nichols. Curry is going to be a wild card as will Johnson and Wales. When Endicott uses their strength and speed, they are a pretty formidable foe. Friday, against Nichols, I thought they "mailed" it in. Did not see Saturday's game, but the way they payed the 3rd period on Friday, they were making a statement to Nichols that it was going to be like on Saturday, and it looked as though Nichols started to play a bit more tentatively. (just my 2 cents)

On to the weekend, rare that all CCC schools are playing Thursday, Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            Could not agree with you more! The playoffs will definitely be fun to watch. This conference has come a long way in two short years. From top to bottom, most teams go into the game with a chance of pulling out a victory.

I really think that Salve and Endicott have established their identities as a team, not so sure about UNE or Nichols. Curry is going to be a wild card as will Johnson and Wales. When Endicott uses their strength and speed, they are a pretty formidable foe. Friday, against Nichols, I thought they "mailed" it in. Did not see Saturday's game, but the way they payed the 3rd period on Friday, they were making a statement to Nichols that it was going to be like on Saturday, and it looked as though Nichols started to play a bit more tentatively. (just my 2 cents)

On to the weekend, rare that all CCC schools are playing Thursday, Saturday!

It will be very interesting. I watch Salve Regina regularly and I think that they have a good team this year, despite, losing their Captain Schmidbauer the beginning of the year, which would have balanced out the scoring a bit more, they rely heavily on their first line and Billings is as talented as there is in the country. They are young on D, but I think that Wojtala is a very good goaltender and can win games for them. That being said Endicott is the team to beat and if they had Besinger and Aldridge then for sure would be even better. Nichols and UNE are also very strong and the top 4 teams, even 5 with Curry, tehy will be knocking each-other off over the next few weekends. Should be fun to watch and I will be at the Endicott/Salve Game Saturday. Last year the Gulls came in and pasted them 9-1.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
              It will be very interesting. I watch Salve Regina regularly and I think that they have a good team this year, despite, losing their Captain Schmidbauer the beginning of the year, which would have balanced out the scoring a bit more, they rely heavily on their first line and Billings is as talented as there is in the country. They are young on D, but I think that Wojtala is a very good goaltender and can win games for them. That being said Endicott is the team to beat and if they had Besinger and Aldridge then for sure would be even better. Nichols and UNE are also very strong and the top 4 teams, even 5 with Curry, tehy will be knocking each-other off over the next few weekends. Should be fun to watch and I will be at the Endicott/Salve Game Saturday. Last year the Gulls came in and pasted them 9-1.
              Didn't realize Besinger and Schmidbauer were out. Both of those teams would certainly be stronger with both of them. Even more impressive what they are doing without both.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Didn't realize Besinger and Schmidbauer were out. Both of those teams would certainly be stronger with both of them. Even more impressive what they are doing without both.

Yep - Schmidbauer got hurt for the season in the second game. Not sure about Besinger, but he would have been in contention for POY.

Comment

Well that was a beat down
                  Salve Regina 5
                  Endicott 1 F
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well with Salve winning on the road tonight now have a chance to sweep Endicott at home on Saturday night for the right to first place of the CCC. UNE also continues their winning streak with a big win over Becker 9-1. Brady Fleurent with 6 point night surpasses older brother Trevor as UNE all time points leader. Ryan Bloom with 5 point night as well and PP goes 4-8. A sweep at home Saturday will makes things very close at the top. Endicott better bounce back or they could be seeing themselves drop to 3rd pretty quickly...

Comment

The top half of the conference is capable of beating each other on any given night and a team like Wentworth could pull an upset. Looking forward to the next few weeks with some really good matchups; Endicott - UNE and Nichols - Salve. Will be an interesting playoff with the one and done.

Comment

went to the Salve - Endicott Game and Salve really dominated the game from start to finish. Blake Wojtala is a terrific goaltender and I think should get a lot of consideration for All- American, he plays very square to the puck and has excellent rebound control. He made two saves at the end of the second period which if he hadn't made could have changed the flow of the game. Many of Endicott Shots were challenged so even though they had 40 plus shots, they didn't have a lot which were grade A quality. Defensively Salve plays a very disciplined system and their forwards support very well. Jack Billings I think also is an All American potential. He has 18 Pts in 8 Games against ranked opponents to include Adrian, Utica,Norwich, UNE(2), Endicott(2) and UMASS-Boston. They are 7-1 in those games, he is very fun to watch and creates chances everytime he is on the ice. It will still be interesting to see how the season plays out because Endicott, UNE and Nichols and Curry are all very good teams and UNE is on a roll. Endicott will bounce back, but I no longer think they are head and shoulders above in the league.

Comment

Two weeks left in the Conference season and there are lots of unanswered question. I think the most pressing question is what is happening at Endicott. Four huge games in the last two weeks, 8 points available, and they were only able to capture two! I figured after the Nichols weekend, Endicott had righted the ship. This weekend may say other wise. Is there something going on, injuries, illness or something else?

Salve seems to be coming into themselves at a great time. Always good to have momentum going into the playoffs. Hopefully, Endicott can get its mojo back.

I'm not sure UNE has played their best game yet. They sure can score, but have they put together a complete game yet? They have two huge weekends ahead. It would be a great time to put their best games on the ice! Curry this week and then the big showdown against Endicott.

I wonder what the rankings will be this week. I gotta believe the two losses to Salve are going to hurt Endicott.

Suffolk, J&W and Wentworth will have a say in the final standings. Going to be a great last two weeks.

Comment

Although Endicott dropped from 4 to 9 in the rankings both UNE and Salve moved up giving the conference three teams in the top nine. In addition, Nichols is knocking on the door with five votes. Although the conference teams are beating up on each other I think their strong out of conference showing is leading to recognition that the conference is as strong as it has ever been.

Comment

The CCC has done well this year, two years in as a conference. The next two weeks will be huge for the entire conference as I think anyone could walk away with the Conference Championship and the AQ.

Still don't think UNE has put together a complete game yet and it seems that Salve is hitting top form. However, don't count out Curry, J&W, Wentworth as spoilers in a one-and-done situation. And then there is Nichols, who absolutely undressed Endicott two weeks ago!

I am still not sure the scheduling format is the right one.

Buckle up and hold on, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                                The CCC has done well this year, two years in as a conference. The next two weeks will be huge for the entire conference as I think anyone could walk away with the Conference Championship and the AQ.

Still don't think UNE has put together a complete game yet and it seems that Salve is hitting top form. However, don't count out Curry, J&W, Wentworth as spoilers in a one-and-done situation. And then there is Nichols, who absolutely undressed Endicott two weeks ago!

I am still not sure the scheduling format is the right one.

Buckle up and hold on, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks.
                                UNE is under-rated in the silly poll, but they're in as an AL if they keep-up what they've been doing, IMO. Salve has been taking care of business, too. I'll be mildly surprised if both teams don't get in, and Endicott certainly has a good shot as well.

Where did this conference come from? The best one in the East right now, from top to bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X