Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Isn't anyone going to start a NESCAC 2017-2018 thread?

Former Colby defenseman and 2017 grad, Jack Burton, scored his first professional goal last night for the Indy Fuel of the ECHL.
    Last edited by OhioMule; 12-13-2017, 08:47 PM.
    Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

I just started a NESCAC thread in the College Hockey Alumni Forum. They only had one thread going there (for RPI alums) and I wandered into it by accident.

Comment

Interesting article about NESCAC recruiting with a Wesleyan perspective and a major dis about Colby's new $200 million athletic center: https://slate.com/sports/2017/12/wes...-business.html

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
          Interesting article about NESCAC recruiting with a Wesleyan perspective and a major dis about Colby's new $200 million athletic center: https://slate.com/sports/2017/12/wes...-business.html
          "Keep Wes weird." How original.

About what I would expect from an article in slate, but the tone and perspective is nauseating.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Why doesn't Bates field a NESCAC ice hockey team?

For years, fan forum rumor has had it that the donor who funded their on-campus rink included some kind of restriction that it could not be used for intercollegiate hockey. Judging from the discussion that pops up every now-and-then on D-3 forums, the rest of NESCAC would love it if Bates joined play. And there would be that natural rivalry with the other two Maine teams.

A check of the "Bates College Ice Hockey" website revealed this: "Bates’ men’s club ice hockey team competes in the American Conference of the Northeast Collegiate Hockey Association (NECHA), which is part of a larger regional league known as the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) and has seen tremendous success in the past ten years as a club program." Apparently, they have had an intercollegiate club level team for 22 years.

Maybe someone else on here can offer a clarification about that supposed restriction from the donor. I sure don't get it.

Comment

It was nice to see Middlebury produce a convincing victory. Convincing on the scoreboard, anyway. They have a long, steep climb ahead of them. Luckily for the Panthers, St Mike's proved as inept at capitalizing on Midd's many mistakes as Midd was in serving them up. I do not see the talented Oswego squad being quite so accommodating. Stephen Klein got another shut out in net, the tenth of his career. One has to wonder just how good his numbers would be had he some of the better Middlebury teams of the past playing in front of him.

Comment

Midd 4 - St. Mike's 0
                Midd 4 - Oswego 3

Well, alright! That should go a long way toward instilling some confidence in the young Panthers.

Comment

Midd 4 - St. Mike's 0
                  Midd 4 - Oswego 3

Well, alright! That should go a long way toward instilling some confidence in the young Panthers.
                  It should, and deservedly so. While they by no means dominated Oswego (The Lakers outshot them 37-19), they put in a scrappy performance. Klein again was superb in goal, and every time Oswego managed to get the puck past him, the Panthers quickly responded in kind. What says even more about the week end is that Midd outscored their opponents 6-1 collectively over the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                    It should, and deservedly so. While they by no means dominated Oswego (The Lakers outshot them 37-19), they put in a scrappy performance. Klein again was superb in goal, and every time Oswego managed to get the puck past him, the Panthers quickly responded in kind. What says even more about the week end is that Midd outscored their opponents 6-1 collectively over the 2nd and 3rd periods.
                    No small accomplishment... That was No. 3 Oswego's first regulation loss.

Comment

Lost my password for about 2 weeks. Really wanted to post about the Williams performance in Boston.

Actually quite embarrassing. The first game vs UMB started out pretty even. I just thought they missed a few golden chances, and then all hell broke loose, and their goaltenders just never stepped up and made the key saves. But then when they scored their 3rd goal to make it 7-3 I believed, the player celebrated like he did something amazing. Very un-Williams. Made no sense.
                      The Adrian game was worse. I don't know if Adrian was chirping, but some of the cheap hits a few of the Williams players put on Adrian players is something I've never seen in my 10-15 years of watching Williams hockey. I am stunned the one at the end of the first was not called a 5 minute major for boarding. Then one of the Williams players decided to chirp away behind the play, late in the 3rd, on two separate shifts.

The Salve-Adrian game was fun to watch. Billings was a one man wrecking crew on the scoreboard. The key for Salve was their ability to get a few odd man rushes and score on them.

Comment

I was expecting a bunch of postponements for tonight, but it looks like the games are going ahead. I know Hamilton at Colby is a go.

Comment

Back to NESCAC hockey (for some)
                          FRIDAY

Conn College 5 Elmira 2
                          Amherst 4 Bowdoin 1
                          Colby 2 Hamilton 1
                          Plattsburgh 7 Tufts 2

I will wait for first round tourney results before wading in any deeper

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                            Back to NESCAC hockey (for some)
                            FRIDAY

Conn College 5 Elmira 2
                            Amherst 4 Bowdoin 1
                            Colby 2 Hamilton 1
                            Plattsburgh 7 Tufts 2

I will wait for first round tourney results before wading in any deeper
                            Close on Amherst and Platty. Colby is falling back to earth. Conn continues to disappoint. Overall, NESCAC hasn't been doing too well against non-league competition since the break.

Comment

I only managed to see the final 6 minutes of the Colby Hamilton game, so not sure how that all went down. Hamilton has come back to life?

Saturday
                              Endicott 8 Tufts 1
                              Hamilton 6 Bowdoin 1
                              Wesleyan 4 Middlebury 2
                              Colby 4 Amherst 3
                              St Thomas 4 Conn College 1
                              Trinity 6 Williams 3

Sunday
                              Trinity 8 Middlebury 1
                              Williams 4 Wesleyan 2

I hope I am wrong about the Panthers, but too many times over the last several years they have shown brightly only to fizzle and pop.

Comment

Why doesn't Bates field a NESCAC ice hockey team?

For years, fan forum rumor has had it that the donor who funded their on-campus rink included some kind of restriction that it could not be used for intercollegiate hockey. Judging from the discussion that pops up every now-and-then on D-3 forums, the rest of NESCAC would love it if Bates joined play. And there would be that natural rivalry with the other two Maine teams.

A check of the "Bates College Ice Hockey" website revealed this: "Bates’ men’s club ice hockey team competes in the American Conference of the Northeast Collegiate Hockey Association (NECHA), which is part of a larger regional league known as the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) and has seen tremendous success in the past ten years as a club program." Apparently, they have had an intercollegiate club level team for 22 years.

Maybe someone else on here can offer a clarification about that supposed restriction from the donor. I sure don't get it.
                                Grew up about 20 minutes from Bates and that was the rumor as i always understood it... It defies logic that Bates, in essentially, the hockey epicenter of Maine, does not have a team....

Comment

Working...
                                X