Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    Last night was my third time coaching at St. Norbert. Every time the fans have gotten more obnoxious. They were booing my players, especially Trevor Boyd. My players are class acts and deserve to be treated that way. I'm thankful we won't have to go back there this year. If we play them in the playoffs it will be at home because my team is clearly more superior.
    Nice try....but not really.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Seriously. Everyone knows the crowd at SNC doesn’t make any noise.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Glad to see you back from your self-imposed moratorium. Since it's the Thanksgiving season I'm just thankful no one wearing a white jersey was crippled at any point in last night's game, although I'm willing to give the Bulldogs the benefit of the doubt they have turned over a new leaf.

Comment

Nice national championships...but not really

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
            Nice national championships...but not really
            I wouldn't talk too smart just yet. Adrian definitely has a team that can win it.

Comment

What's up with gold jerseys on the road? Thought there was some rule about 3rd jerseys on the road. I believe road teams are to wear dark jerseys on the road, like they did the night before at Finlandia.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. .
                I was there Hawk ... B O.R type cold But it makes for great ice.

Comment

That rule applies to NCAA tournaments. Otherwise the convention is that the visiting uniform must be darker than the home uniform. If the home team wears white, gold is darker than white. A home team could wear gold, which means that the visiting team must wear a darker color.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Real Old #35 View Post
                    What's up with gold jerseys on the road? Thought there was some rule about 3rd jerseys on the road. I believe road teams are to wear dark jerseys on the road, like they did the night before at Finlandia.

That rule applies to NCAA play. Otherwise the usual convention is that the visiting uniform must be darker than the home uniform, but is a conference rule, not an NCAA rule. If the home team wears white, gold is darker than white. A home team could wear gold, which means that the visiting team must wear a darker color. Several years ago, the ECAC East/Nescac interlock had the home team wear dark (like the NHL) for two years, and the visiting team wore white. There was confusion and one time Norwich went to Platty and took their whites instead of their darks (because the equipment manager had a brain lock). After warmups with both teams in white, Platty came out for the face-off in red.
                    Last edited by NUProf; 11-12-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. But it is great to have another high level team in the NEHC and it will be interesting to see how the league shakes out. Norwich, Hobart, UMASS Bobson, and Babson look like the strongest teams so far but NEC must be ready to make a move. The suprise in the league so far must be Castleton since they had such a strong finish last year.
                      It's called the cooler for a reason. It's much warmer than it used to be before they finally enclosed it but its definitely cold. One of the coldest rinks I've ever been in. Even after the renovation.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        It's called the cooler for a reason. It's much warmer than it used to be before they finally enclosed it but its definitely cold. One of the coldest rinks I've ever been in. Even after the renovation.
                        You never experienced Taylor Arena on an -40º F night in Northfield. The only heated place in the structure was the snack bar.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          How about Potsdam knocking off Brockport 6-4? What's to make of the SUNYAC this year?

Tuning in now to the third period of #1 v. #2

Adrian 1
                          SNC 2
                          I went to the Potsdam at Geneseo game. I was pleasantly surprised by Potsdam. I like the way they skate. I like their speed. I like their puck control. I like the Freshmen. Geneseo was the better team and they deserved to win, but the shots were not indicative of any sort of domination by Geneseo (outside of the second period, which the Ice Knights did control handedly).

I couldn't make the Brockport game, but when I saw Potsdam jumped out to a 6-1 lead, I was like, "Whoa, what do we really have here?"

After Potsdam swept Canton, who just beat Plattsburgh, I thought okay, but is this just an aberration? After this past weekend, I'm starting to think Potsdam may be setting themselves up for an interesting season. This Saturday will be a big test hosting Plattsburgh. Despite the Cardinals struggles, Emery will get this thing turned around, and the last thing they want to do is to continue a losing streak in Potsdam.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room.
                            Tell you what, why don't you come out to Geneva for a game. You'll only need shorts and a T-shirt. You'll be fine...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              You never experienced Taylor Arena on an -40º F night in Northfield. The only heated place in the structure was the snack bar.
                              Now you are talking real hockey. Nice to hear someone from the good old days at Norwich. We even played Dartmouth College and other similar teams in those ancient times.

NU56
                              Old Member
                              Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Tell you what, why don't you come out to Geneva for a game. You'll only need shorts and a T-shirt. You'll be fine...
                                Dana's Time Out even has a great steak special
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X