Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Final
    Norwich 2
    Hobart 2

I was confused by the 5:00 major for interference too. Didn't matter though. You can say that Hobart dominated the penalty kill, that NU's powerplay was pathetic, or both. Cadets hit the post once, but otherwise never threatened for the entire overtime.
    Yes, I must agree with you. I didn't appear to be the hustling Norwich team in the OT that we've seen so far this season. I think they even were more aggressive digging at the puck at the end of the Salve loss. This can be fixed in time for the next game.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Gee whiz. Just one game.

Saturday's are dead.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Gee whiz. Just one game.

Saturday's are dead.
        So are my Cards !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Lakers beat Canton 3-2 ...yawn

Comment

Elmira beats Utica 5-1.
            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

How about Potsdam knocking off Brockport 6-4? What's to make of the SUNYAC this year?

Tuning in now to the third period of #1 v. #2

Adrian 1
              SNC 2
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Geneseo 4-1 over Plattsburgh. The Knights 3rd period was a veritable clinic on playing with the lead against an offensively explosive team, and McDonald was back in his form from two years ago. Geneseo also showed some depth on defense, with Russell and Ferguson still out of action. Plattsburgh came out strong but definitely looked a pretty gassed at points, with Geneseo winning most of the 50/50 pucks during the last 30 mins or so. I'm sure the Cards will regroup like last year and the rematch should be very entertaining.

Comment

Woooo.... SNC beats Adrian 4-3 in OT on a PP goal

SNC was up 3-2, but took a penalty and then a 5:00 major with 4:24 left in regulation. Adrian tied it with a 5 on 3 goal, sending it to OT.

SNC killed it off... then Adrian took a too many men penalty with about 90 seconds left. SNC scored with just under a minute left

Bg win ...
                  Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 11-11-2017, 09:33 PM.
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

SNC was up 3-2, but took a penalty and then a 5:00 major with 4:24 left in regulation. Adrian tied it with a 5 on 3 goal, sending it to OT.

SNC killed it off... then Adrian took a too many men penalty with about 90 seconds left. SNC scored with just under a minute left

Bg win ...
                    Freshman Peter Bates with the game winner!!
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

Bg win ...
                      Watched the whole game. Two darn good hockey teams right there....
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

How about Potsdam knocking off Brockport 6-4? What's to make of the SUNYAC this year?

Tuning in now to the third period of #1 v. #2

Adrian 1
                        SNC 2
                        SUNYAC might be in for one of its most competitive years yet. Sure Oswego/Geneseo/Plattsburgh are favorites, but plenty of teams have shown ability or have already beaten those three in games.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Final
                          Norwich 2
                          Hobart 2

I was confused by the 5:00 major for interference too. Didn't matter though. You can say that Hobart dominated the penalty kill, that NU's powerplay was pathetic, or both. Cadets hit the post once, but otherwise never threatened for the entire overtime.
                          Power play problems are a symptom of an inexperienced team early in the season. Seems like this happens to the Cadets when there is a big turnover in personnel
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Power play problems are a symptom of an inexperienced team early in the season. Seems like this happens to the Cadets when there is a big turnover in personnel
                            They actually had done pretty well on the power play prior to yesterday.

One thing i continue to see in this team is the slow starts. Seven straight games including exhibitions without a first-period goal. If they can ever get that first period figured out, watch out.

The Downs/Salvucci/Jackson line has certainly emerged as a power house. Now, can they find another combination to form a true power top 6 group?
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez is it rearlly as cold at the Cooler as everyone claims. From the video it looked like a nice rink but that was from a tablet in a warm room. But it is great to have another high level team in the NEHC and it will be interesting to see how the league shakes out. Norwich, Hobart, UMASS Bobson, and Babson look like the strongest teams so far but NEC must be ready to make a move. The suprise in the league so far must be Castleton since they had such a strong finish last year.
                              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Last night was my third time coaching at St. Norbert. Every time the fans have gotten more obnoxious. They were booing my players, especially Trevor Boyd. My players are class acts and deserve to be treated that way. I'm thankful we won't have to go back there this year. If we play them in the playoffs it will be at home because my team is clearly more superior.

Comment

Working...
                                X