Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun With Numbers 2018: Pairwise, KRACH, GRaNT, and other mathematical excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun With Numbers 2018: Pairwise, KRACH, GRaNT, and other mathematical excitement

I have this year's Tournament Predictor ready to go for February 18th but I'm always happy to have some people beta test the new changes before it goes live. If anyone's interested, shoot me an email at grant dot salzano at gmail and I'll send you the spreadsheet.

The Tournament Predictor is this: https://***********/Salzano14/status/961770250034434048
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: Fun With Numbers 2018: Pairwise, KRACH, GRaNT, and other mathematical excitement

FYI -- it took most of the year but USCHO's Pairwise is now correct

USCHO: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi/d-i-women/
      BCI: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ngs-calculator

Comment

Weekly bracketology: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...lgate-clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          FYI, the CHA regular season still has two weeks remaining.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm only talking about D1 conferences

BURN

Comment

I'm only talking about D1 conferences
              Just remember that the CHA has as many championship game appearances as does BC, although only half as many as BU does.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Just remember that the CHA has as many championship game appearances as does BC, although only half as many as BU does.
                It'll come back to bite me when we play Syracuse/Robert Morris in the first round and lose lol

Comment

It'll come back to bite me when we play Syracuse/Robert Morris in the first round and lose lol
                  Losing to Mercyhurst in the semis doesn't make it hurt any less.

Comment

there's nothing funny about adding St A's in. it is a joke but not funny

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                      there's nothing funny about adding St A's in. it is a joke but not funny
                      I said I don't expect them to be included, what more do you want?? lol

Comment

I have this year's Tournament Predictor ready to go for February 18th but I'm always happy to have some people beta test the new changes before it goes live. If anyone's interested, shoot me an email at grant dot salzano at gmail and I'll send you the spreadsheet.

The Tournament Predictor is this: https://***********/Salzano14/status/961770250034434048
                        I just found out that the independents are actually holding a postseason tournament, so I had to factor that into the calculator. This took a lot of work, and with a lot of work comes a lot of opportunities for errors, so if any of you that reached out before would like to play with the new version just let me know lol

Comment

Did some fun stuff with KRACH to determine the odds of each team winning its conference tournament: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ton-college-bc

Comment

Did some fun stuff with KRACH to determine the odds of each team winning its conference tournament: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ton-college-bc
                            I can't get past the name of this thread. those are 2 words that you can bet have never come out of my mouth. I can't even type them.

Thank God there's someone here that can figure out the possibilities...and thank God it isn't me.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                              I can't get past the name of this thread. those are 2 words that you can bet have never come out of my mouth. I can't even type them.

Thank God there's someone here that can figure out the possibilities...and thank God it isn't me.
                              If you think that's good, you'll love the Pairwise Predictor:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ctor&p=6607775

Comment

Another bracketology:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...lgate-clarkson

I was lazy and just completely ignored Saint Anselm this time. I'll include them next week just for funsies.

Comment

Working...
                                X