X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    At the luncheon today, "G" said Baker WILL be in the line-up. He said the injury at first appeared to be worse than it actually was. ����

Coach Berry seems like a good ****; I didn't realize his playing carreer. He had a few stories before he had to leave. One thing the Sioux fans there along with our fans had in common, was the hatred for the goofs and especially Lucy for stiffing our luncheon last year and NoDak's as well. Make NO mistake about it, don't call them the Fighting Hawks!

If you can make it, you've got to go to these luncheons. They are only about once per month and are about 1½ hours. I left the Coliseum Bar wanting to go home and strap on my Bauer Custom Supreme 1000's, grab my Christian "SuperStick2000" Corey Millen model, slip on the ol' Cooper SK 600S (sans ***** shield or bird cage) and kick some ***!

*I really do have that equipment, boys. That gear was from the 80's.*
    That's the thing. Even with the water bottle war and the back and forth titles in the early 80s, the "hatred" between Badger and Sioux fans has, in my experience, been a fun kind of hatred. There's a lot of mutual respect, love of the game, and a desire to have a good time. That's why Sioux fans talk about going to Madison, kicking some Badger arse, and then partying with Badger fans. But maybe that's just my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      *I really do have that equipment, boys. That gear was from the 80's.*

Sure... but can you still get into it?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        That's the thing. Even with the water bottle war and the back and forth titles in the early 80s, the "hatred" between Badger and Sioux fans has, in my experience, been a fun kind of hatred. There's a lot of mutual respect, love of the game, and a desire to have a good time. That's why Sioux fans talk about going to Madison, kicking some Badger arse, and then partying with Badger fans. But maybe that's just my experience.
        It does seem like Sue fans are a much more entertaining group to be around. I've always enjoyed their company... well, and the company of my wife, since she is one of them.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Wasn't there another stick measuring incident in the late 80's or early 90's as well with the sue?
          Sioux fans are always willing to get in a measuring contest with Bucky.

Comment

One last post before I go silent for the night. When did they first bar pics here? Gurth always had some great creations on Badger-Sioux game threads.

And don't tell me it was 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Sure... but can you still get into it?
              The stick still fits.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

One last post before I go silent for the night. When did they first bar pics here? Gurth always had some great creations on Badger-Sioux game threads.

Good question. Some guys were quite creative. It had to be very recent.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about!
                      Shouldn't you be fixing a wagon wheel or watering The Tree or something?

Line up is out. Tony still mixing it up a bit.

Hughes Frederic Wagner

Weissbach Malone Johnson

Freytag Baker S. Dhooghe

Zimmer Ford Zirbel

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Inamoto Davison

Hayton

Hurley is skating warm-ups and Badgers will scratch one. I thought Cullen looked really good last week at F.

Also no Cam Johnson for Sue??? That's a surprise.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Freshman Peter Thome, a 6th round pick of the CBJ's will go in goal for the FIGHTING HAWKS instead of Cam Johnson, who suffered an injury in the morning skate. (How does that happen?)

Thome had somewhat mediocre numbers for Omaha, Chicago Steel, and Waterloo in the USHL last year.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Yikes! First Cam Johnson goes down and now I'm getting breaking news that the Grand Forks Taco Bell is shutting down!

Sue's weekend just keeps getting worse and worse!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Grand Forks had a Taco Bell? Was the issue that all of the taco's smelled like beets?
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Yikes! First Cam Johnson goes down and now I'm getting breaking news that the Grand Forks Taco Bell is shutting down!

Sue's weekend just keeps getting worse and worse!
                              Tough venue for your first college start.

Comment

Tough venue for your first college start.
                                It is, but on the other hand the Kid has been dreaming his whole life of being in the net on a big stage like this. Now's his chance. No doubt the siouxsies will rally round him, too.

I have no idea what to expect. Let's just get it on!
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X