X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Hayton has made a couple very nice saves.
    Yep on turnovers. Team looks lost and slow.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

If the plan was to get PSU over confident, I think it's working great!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
        In hindsight, Tony leaving for the Olympics does not look good. I realize that this appointment as head coach is prestigious, but this team needs continuous attention and his upcoming absence I don’t think will bode well if things don’t turn around soon.

Tony might as well be in Korea right now. Oz and Mark could get these guys to play this bad all by themselves.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

This is by far the best Hayton has looked all year. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Tony’s there, the radio guys said he challenged the second goal because of too many men on the ice.

Comment

Tony’s there, the radio guys said he challenged the second goal because of too many men on the ice.
              I'm fairly certain Wisko was being facetious.....

Comment

Tony’s there, the radio guys said he challenged the second goal because of too many men on the ice.
                I said "might as well be". It's sort of a colloquialism meaning he's not in Korea, but it wouldn't make a difference if he was.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  This is by far the best Hayton has looked all year. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
                  Agree. He looked good very early in the year and then got worse and worse. Looked good again tonight. Maybe instead of splitting nights, Jack and Kyle should each play half a game.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

From radio: 4-10-2 last 16 games. Going the wrong direction. Some major issues that aren't getting better.
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-05-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Quote of the day on the radio after the game....Paul Capobianco regarding the #3 star of the game (1 & 2 were PSU players), ".....he wasn't here tonight, but Trent Frederic scored 4 goals for Team USA today....".

That says it all.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Awful. Just awful.

I hope the coaches take some accountability for this terrible performance. There is 0 excuse for this. I don't want to hear platitudes or could have/should haves on the post-game.

"We came out unprepared and there's no excuse for that, period. We were terrible".

Playoffs? Are you kiddin me?
                        I believe Oz said, "We weren't really that bad in the first."

Although to be fair, it's not all that important what they say in public, it's what they say in the locker room that counts.

They were awful in the first, and the second, and most of the third. Also Greenway was awful. Kalynuk was awful. Top line -- awful. There's more I'm sure, but that's enough to lose.

Tomorrow's another night. Boys gotta pick up the pace or it's going to be a long, long winter.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• It’s looking more and more like the true mastermind of the coaching staff from last year was Don Granato.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I believe Oz said, "We weren't really that bad in the first."

Although to be fair, it's not all that important what they say in public, it's what they say in the locker room that counts.

They were awful in the first, and the second, and most of the third. Also Greenway was awful. Kalynuk was awful. Top line -- awful. There's more I'm sure, but that's enough to lose.

Tomorrow's another night. Boys gotta pick up the pace or it's going to be a long, long winter.
                            They have to find a way to play 60 and I know psu is more skilled at least based on the last 12-14 games...

I don't know how much they miss Don Granato but I'm beginning to think the goalies NEED a howie fix.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              They have to find a way to play 60 and I know psu is more skilled at least based on the last 12-14 games...

I don't know how much they miss Don Granato but I'm beginning to think the goalies NEED a howie fix.
                              In all honesty, trading Donnie for Mark was trading a Ford GT for a Ford Fusion. I was very concerned that Mark didn't have enough experience but I hoped it would work out. Not so sure at this point.

I do believe 3 of the goals against Berry were pipe and ins, but he still need to get in the way of those and you can't allow goals that close to the start of a period, it happened twice. Hayton played well in relief. I'm not sure Howie is the answer, but I don't know what is. Only scoring 1 goal won't make any goalie a winner.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                In all honesty, trading Donnie for Mark was trading a Ford GT for a Ford Fusion. I was very concerned that Mark didn't have enough experience but I hoped it would work out. Not so sure at this point.

I do believe 3 of the goals against Berry were pipe and ins, but he still need to get in the way of those and you can't allow goals that close to the start of a period, it happened twice. Hayton played well in relief. I'm not sure Howie is the answer, but I don't know what is. Only scoring 1 goal won't make any goalie a winner.
                                On the other hand, you cannot give up 4 goals on 14 shots, bro'.

#GoalieHell
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X