This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Out of all the Wisconsin men's hockey games I've watched, that was one of them.

Comment

• If we want to be a top team we need 3 or more wins against Minnesota/Notre Dame these next two weeks. Tall task. Doubtful to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        Wait, I wasn't at a Buckeyes game?
        I watched that game on BTN and thought, "where is everyone?" Its been about 7 years since I moved to Ohio and had to give up my season tickets but I seem to remember them being at least a decent draw, even against teams that no one cares about.
        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
        Originally posted by MadCityRich
        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Sunday attendance looks atrocious on big ten network. Yikes it's sparse attendance. Like fifty students.
          I'm not sure what they expected. Why couldn't they bump BB to early Saturday afternoon or even Sunday night and give hockey Friday night?

Lots of shots but not a lot of quality last night. I was just happy to be able to watch the game on the tube. Lots of leaky play in the D zone, both major and minor mistakes. This "system of 5" has not been very impressive in the D zone. Seems to me that the guys are just confused about where to be when and who has who and that they aren't back checking hard enough on the D zone entry to break up the play and get transitioned to O.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Goof week and no posts yet. Let's get this going. Let's give them a four game loss streak!
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              I was thinking the other day that JD Greenway was invited to the World Junior Summer Showcase in August and entered this season with hopes of playing his way on to the team. Whatever has held him out has really been costly.

Inamoto, Frederic, and Sean Dhooghe were also there. One would think Frederic was considered a lock, Dhooghe perhaps a little less so. I think Inamoto has been playing very well overall. Will be interesting to see who makes it. The team should be announced in the next couple of weeks and will convene Dec. 15th in Columbus, OH. Any Badgers would miss one or both games @ Penn St. Jan 5th and 6th.
              I have been really underwhelmed with Inamoto. He is easily the 6th defenseman at this point in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                I have been really underwhelmed with Inamoto. He is easily the 6th defenseman at this point in my mind.
                Could be... I have thought he's been better since getting the gate vs. Sue. Only one meaningless penalty and I feel like he's been making better decisions. He's no big puck mover, but if he can just keep his game simple and win battles, block some shots, etc. he can be a positive force.

The problem with D is we remember so clearly the bad plays they make that wind up in the net, but the blocked shot, the chip out of the zone, getting position at the net, etc.. that stuff doesn't stick in one's head very well. I guess I'd say Inamoto's still raw and a work in progress, but he's heading toward the light.

I'm getting the impression we're not going to see Greenway this calendar year.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Could be... I have thought he's been better since getting the gate vs. Sue. Only one meaningless penalty and I feel like he's been making better decisions. He's no big puck mover, but if he can just keep his game simple and win battles, block some shots, etc. he can be a positive force.

The problem with D is we remember so clearly the bad plays they make that wind up in the net, but the blocked shot, the chip out of the zone, getting position at the net, etc.. that stuff doesn't stick in one's head very well. I guess I'd say Inamoto's still raw and a work in progress, but he's heading toward the light.

I'm getting the impression we're not going to see Greenway this calendar year.
                  Todd Milewski said JD Greenway is still trying to get into game shape. He also said that cracking the lineup might be the harder thing to do... Which I totally disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    Todd Milewski said JD Greenway is still trying to get into game shape. He also said that cracking the lineup might be the harder thing to do... Which I totally disagree with.
                    That's a tough one. He has the talent, but last year wasn't the greatest performance from a guy form the USDP, who you expect to step right in and look like he's meant to be there. Inamoto is -5 and Davison is -1. Ess is +5, I sure thought he would struggle right out of HS. Kalynuk is as good as I had hoped being a 20 yr old Fr, +5, Tischke is +6. Linhart is +3.
                    Blocks by D....Tschke 41, Kalynuk 32, Linhart 31, Davison 25, Ess 21, Inamoto 19. UW has been outshot-blocked 241 to 238 this year.

Freytag leads the team in +/- with 9 and he's only played in 11 out of 17 games! TG better listen to TA and Wisko and have that lad in the lineup every game.

Gophers suck.

Comment

Freytag had 10 Shot attempts Saturday night and was oh so close on a couple. He keeps playing like that and good things are going to happen for him and the team.

An encouraging stat for the Badgers is their .82 gpg margin (9th overall) When that gets around 1 or above it's usually a great indicator of a strong team provided they don't have a crazy PDO. Badgers PDO is right around 100 so they haven't been overly lucky or doing unsustainable things. When they're good, they're pretty good. When they're bad, they're bad.

Let's just be good more days.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Freytag had 10 Shot attempts Saturday night and was oh so close on a couple. He keeps playing like that and good things are going to happen for him and the team.

An encouraging stat for the Badgers is their .82 gpg margin (9th overall) When that gets around 1 or above it's usually a great indicator of a strong team provided they don't have a crazy PDO. Badgers PDO is right around 100 so they haven't been overly lucky or doing unsustainable things. When they're good, they're pretty good. When they're bad, they're bad.

Let's just be good more days.
                        What the heck is PDO? I'm not into all these new age metrics like the Wisko type younger folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          What the heck is PDO? I'm not into all these new age metrics like the Wisko type younger folks.
                          PDO is SPSV%. The sum of 5x5 Shot % and 5x5 Save %. It's been shown that this regresses toward 100. So if a team has a PDO of 105, it's assumed that is abnormal and either they've benefited from unsustainable goalie play or an abnormally high shot percentage. Or in other words, they've been lucky, and being lucky doesn't usually hold up over time. Conversely a PDO of 96 indicates a team has been unlucky, and that doesn't hold over time either, so they are probably better than their results.

EDIT: Here's the current B1G PDO's

....... Even -- Close -- Overall

UW - 99.98 -- 99.39 -- 100.31

MN - 101.4 -- 102.79 -- 100.49

ND - 103.88 -- 104.58 -- 105.04

Mich - 99.14 -- 97.88 -- 98.96

Mi St - 99.63 -- 99.5 -- 100.5

PSU - 96.96 -- 94.4 -- 97.62

OSU - 100.48 -- 101.7 -- 101.42

I don't know that I trust PSU shot stats, but they are obviously low. ND is high courtesy of Cale Morris' .956 SV% which seems unsustainable.
                          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-30-2017, 08:54 AM.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Oh my why don't we just let them have free goals. These defensive breakdowns are just pathetic.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Hayton just isn't very good.

Can't believe he was so highly touted.

Inferior competition?

Comment

Don't get me wrong... I see how bad we are in our zone.

He's gotta have a couple of those though.

Ongoing terrible rebound control too.

Comment

Working...
                                X