This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Obviously we should have been more disciplined with penalties and we could have taken advantage of more power plays, but the still abysmal Big 10 refs get as much credit for killing the Badgers comeback momentum with that indefensibly botched delay of game non-call as the Wolverines’ defense does. Hope UW comes back angry and ready to jump early for the split tomorrow night.

Comment

Clearly should have been a penalty and we had all the momentum to tie. BS reffing. It's been bad all year. But we took too many penalties and special teams not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Fell to 22 in pairwise. Need to string together a bunch of wins going forward.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I thought the first 3 goals were weak, first one down on his knees, they shoot up high. 2nd one he crouched down maybe looking for the puck, shot goes up high. 3rd one in super tight, he opened the 5 hole for a split second and he poked it in. 4th goal he was totally screened. On the first 2 goals if the player was numberless everyone would have guessed Hayton was in goal.

HOW IS THROWING THE PUCK DOWN THE ICE WITH A CLOSED HAND NOT A PENALTY? I never imagined reffing in the B7 could be worse than the old time WCHA. I was wrong. I am just so pizzed right now. The absolute randomness of the calls in maddening. Yeah going 1-7 on the pp is their own fault, but call a decent game will yeah? Rules are rules, right? The integrity of the game is at stake.

I thought pulling Berry with 4 to go on the pp was stupid. I was wrong.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think that is the end of the NCAA hopes, outside of a tourney run.

Ugh.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

When you catch it out of the air like that and throw it out of the zone, it's the same as icing. Face off and defenders can't change. Picking it up off the ice and throwing it or throwing it out of the rink is delay of game.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I'd say early in the game we had the same problem that plagued us earlier in the year, which is D not being prepared for pressure. Beyond that, giving up 3 straight PP goals and going 0 for the first six PP's was not the game plan.

I thought Frederic, Malone, Zimmer, Weissbach and of course Wags, all looked really good tonight. Zimmer is like a different guy, he's making plays in the D zone and really skating. Bodes well.

Once the boys got up to game speed it was all Badgers all the time, but it just took too long to get to their game. Fridays have not been good to the Badgers this year. Really important to get after it and get points tomorrow. We need that home ice!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Fell to 22 in pairwise. Need to string together a bunch of wins going forward.

I can’t believe winning and tying Penn St didn’t help us at all but losing to a team ranked higher than us on the road drops us three spots.

Comment

Michigan's Jake Slaker said post game on the one he scored five hole on Berry, he was actually trying to pass it back through the crease.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      I can’t believe winning and tying Penn St didn’t help us at all but losing to a team ranked higher than us on the road drops us three spots.
                      Had we swept PSU we would have flipped 4 comparisons by being 2-1-1 vs them. We are 1-1-2 so no win in the comparison. We were 1-0-1 vs. MI and won the comparison prior to today. Now we're 1-1-1 and don't win it.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        to go on the pp was stupid. I was wrong.

I am always a huge fan of this. From what I hear they do it a lot more in Europe, and the stats back it up. Most coaches are way too conservative/don't want to have answer the questions for bucking conventional wisdom, and wait far too long to pull their goal. I remember a few years back in the conference tourny when we beat the gophers, Luccia waited way too long, and we pinned them in their end/he couldn't even pull him until too late.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          I dont think so, but their goalie LaVigne is playing pretty well. A couple horrible turnovers again, BOOM, goal. From what Im watching, I have no ****ing idea how we have 10 penalties and they have 9. They've been the instigators and getting the extra pokes in. This sucks; I expected MUCH better.
                          Agreed that it looked like Michigan were the instigators far more often. On their thread though, they seem to have the opposite opinion/think our gameplan was to rough it up. I like to think I'm usually better than most about keeping my objectivity - & I thought last night was probably the most screwed by the refs I've felt in the last 5-6 years. That said, some of those dumb penalties have to stop. I wonder if we've just got a bit of a rep now and the officials are letting their preconceived perceptions affect the calls - they see some of the dumb ones we take, and expect more of it/the questionable calls start going the other way.

Comment

I'm a fan of pulling the goalie with 4mins left ala Dean Blais. If the other team scores on an empty net with 4 minutes to go or 1 minute, it counts the same. But you give yourself potentially much more time to get in the zone and set up.

As for Michigan and the rough stuff. They played chippy and occasionally dirty hockey imo under Berenson and Pearson is his protege so I expect the same crap.

Bucky better come out ****ed tonight and drill those weasels 7-2.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                              Agreed that it looked like Michigan were the instigators far more often. On their thread though, they seem to have the opposite opinion/think our gameplan was to rough it up. I like to think I'm usually better than most about keeping my objectivity - & I thought last night was probably the most screwed by the refs I've felt in the last 5-6 years. That said, some of those dumb penalties have to stop. I wonder if we've just got a bit of a rep now and the officials are letting their preconceived perceptions affect the calls - they see some of the dumb ones we take, and expect more of it/the questionable calls start going the other way.
                              I was there last nght, i think the refs got it wrong, both ways many times last night. It was not a well officiated game at all. I think both teams contributed to that though, with dumb penalties at various points, and both teams were chippy after the whistle throughout. Good intensity all night, and i expect to see more of the same tonight.
                              Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

I was at the #2 UW Stevens Point vs UW Stout game last night so I missed a lot of the bs you guys are talking about. But, it sounds a lot like the little glimpse I saw during intermission on BTN2GO. Berry gets hit and falls on the Michigan player. Whatever, it's incidental contact and I don't mind the non-call. Berry tries to get up and the Michigan player is holding his stick. Berry looks at the ref like "bruh, he won't let go of my stick!" Ref then calls a penalty on Berry for interference.

Kay... I hate officiating sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X