This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

I think OZ pushed them to play too fast a pace Friday and they lost their legs in the 3rd. When he coached us he was big on speed on the ice.
    Tonight they played a more balanced pace but the refs were letting them play and guys on both teams were taking advantage where another crew would be stuffing the penalty boxes.
    BTY, we're rooting for you tomorrow in basketball!

Comment

The Badgers were outscored 21-5 the last two series. Very disappointing effort and focus from the players. I'm sick of watching crappy Badger hockey. The effort is the most disappointing to me. That shouldn't be an issue 2 years into a new regime. It looks like they don't care some games and just do circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
        The Badgers were outscored 21-5 the last two series. Very disappointing effort and focus from the players. I'm sick of watching crappy Badger hockey. The effort is the most disappointing to me. That shouldn't be an issue 2 years into a new regime. It looks like they don't care some games and just do circles.
        The effort HAS been lackluster and I blame the coaches for that.

This is the highest paid staff in the history of Wisconsin hockey and the Dream Team as it were.

They don't have the talent yet and that's obvious but ****ing effort should NEVER be a question.

NCAA berth and at least one win in the tourney should be an expectation for next season or get the hell out of the way. Anything short of that and I'm going to be wondering whether this is the right staff.

****ed off but still watching the scoreboard.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

This is the highest paid staff in the history of Wisconsin hockey and the Dream Team as it were.

They don't have the talent yet and that's obvious but ****ing effort should NEVER be a question.

NCAA berth and at least one win in the tourney should be an expectation for next season or get the hell out of the way. Anything short of that and I'm going to be wondering whether this is the right staff.

Are bag skates allowed in college hockey? Maybe Burish needs to go give them a lesson on what it means to wear the cardinal and white.

Just watch, Granato will be back. The badgers will make it to the big ten championship just to lose again.

I still think Strobel is the wrong answer for the forwards. He can have passion, desire, etc, but I remain unconvinced that going from Don Granato to him wasn't a part of the falloff from last year to this year
          Last edited by digitalbooya; 02-25-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Meh, it’s clear that this collection of players isn’t a unified team. That’s what I put on the coaching staff. I’d have expected this staff to be able to pull these young men into a single unit Must be something amiss in the locker room, two years isn’t enough to build a resilient culture that can overcome strong factionalism. Hopefully, with departures and incoming recruits that won’t be an issue next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Meh, it’s clear that this collection of players isn’t a unified team. That’s what I put on the coaching staff. I’d have expected this staff to be able to pull these young men into a single unit Must be something amiss in the locker room, two years isn’t enough to build a resilient culture that can overcome strong factionalism. Hopefully, with departures and incoming recruits that won’t be an issue next season.
              Interesting observation, I hadn't thought of that.

Eaves recruits vs new guys? Jurasik friends vs others?

You're right, another year so they have 2 years I Granato/Oseicki recruits and factionalism souls begin to melt away, especially with early departures.

Same thing happened to a lesser degree to Eaves after Sauer.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Interesting observation, I hadn't thought of that.

Eaves recruits vs new guys? Jurasik friends vs others?

You're right, another year so they have 2 years I Granato/Oseicki recruits and factionalism souls begin to melt away, especially with early departures.

Same thing happened to a lesser degree to Eaves after Sauer.
                It’s nothing more than pure speculation on my part but it would explain the painful inconsistency that this team has displayed.

I’m not sure what the cause might be and it might be an subtle undercurrent but If it is recognized it’s something that will stay within the locker room.

Comment

I hadn't thought about that scenario either; who knows?

This year, I really thought the opposite would've happened. Because of next year's excellent talent incoming, and next year's juniors/seniors feeling threatened (if you will), I thought the remaining Eaves' guys would really step up to save their own asses.

Because of this disastrous final couple weeks, there's a good chance most of those guys will be dusters, or NOT returning, whether they see the writing on the wall or are flat out told so.

I'm really looking forward to next year, but I cannot believe some of the tweets Im seeing. The negative comments are obvious the posters know nothing about the nearfuture. Internet muscles really show up on the Twitter machine.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    I'm really looking forward to next year, but I cannot believe some of the tweets Im seeing. The negative comments are obvious the posters know nothing about the nearfuture. Internet muscles really show up on the Twitter machine.
                    Fire Gard, fire Granato....lots of very stupid people out there.

Thankfully the Olympics were a distraction this last weekend. No one is really shocked by the results of this weekend, the writing was on the wall eh?

I do like the Meechigan matchup. I do believe they are flawed in goal and UW can score. There's a chance to get to the next round.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Fire Gard, fire Granato....lots of very stupid people out there.

Thankfully the Olympics were a distraction this last weekend. No one is really shocked by the results of this weekend, the writing was on the wall eh?

I do like the Meechigan matchup. I do believe they are flawed in goal and UW can score. There's a chance to get to the next round.
                      I will say this re roundball...if tony Bennett can be convinced to leave Virginia they should pull the trigger and bring him home to UW.

Comment

I will say this re roundball...if tony Bennett can be convinced to leave Virginia they should pull the trigger and bring him home to UW.
                        Now THAT would now take A LOT of convincing.
                        A LOT = $$$,$$$,$$$!
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I think with Tony, that ship has sailed. I believe he declined an interview after Bo left and unless Greg Gard does terrible for several years, I don't think there will ever be that opportunity to bring Tony to Madison. And Rich is right, it would take significant money, and I wonder if he he would move anyway. He's got a great gig at Virginia.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Now THAT would now take A LOT of convincing.
                            A LOT = $$$,$$$,$$$!
                            Bummer. I didn't know he turned down an interview that doesn't bode well for trying to get him in the future.

But if there's a chance back up the brinks trucks because his team is #1 and he's only ever had one top 40 class. It's all great coaching like his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Bummer. I didn't know he turned down an interview that doesn't bode well for trying to get him in the future.

But if there's a chance back up the brinks trucks because his team is #1 and he's only ever had one top 40 class. It's all great coaching like his dad.
                              Anybody that knows Greg Gard feels he certainly earned his shot, and to be fair he's had some bad luck this year. If they aren't winners next year well... Next Spring Tony will collect a $1 million bonus for staying at Virginia that long and I think his current $3 million buyout might drop off some. That's if UV doesn't redo his contract yet again after this season, which seems very possible if not likely. In addition to buyout, I'd think Wisconsin would probably have to double Gard's $1.75 million salary. Maybe triple if the Cav's go all the way. I think Tony would have to really, really want to come home like Granato wanted to. Hard to imagine UW paying anyone Pitino, Kryzewski, or Calipari money, who all make over $6 million and Tony is proving himself to be approaching their class.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Back to hockey. Hard to believe we've resorted to bouncy ball talk.

...Think assistants don't matter? Strobel in charge of the power play.... Article by Todd M:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...22c54c18e.html

Some look at stats last two years. Hard to believe this team would be worse in every major category but here we are:

PP
                                2017-18 31st at 18.12%
                                2016-17 8th at 21.47%

Offense
                                2017-18 22nd at 3.03 GPG
                                2016-17 9th 3.39 GPG

Defense
                                2017-18 46th at 3.17 GAPG
                                2016-17 46th at 3.38 GAPG

Penalty Kill
                                2017-18 29th at 81.51%
                                2016-17 14th at 84.46%
                                we have also taken 26 more penalties than last year
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X