X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey T*M2=NCA2*7

Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
    It may not be the days of Gino Gasparini and his merry band of thugs from central/western Canada, but it **** sure is going to be fun having the Sue back in Madison this weekend.
    Bill Howard's 100% total disdain of the Sue in the broadcasts was a thing of beauty. He had NO use for those players or coaches. Those feelings are what make a great rivalry.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sounds like Weissbach is back in this weekend but Baker is somewhat questionable. Although Tony said Baker's knee wasn't really serious, which is a relief.

I'm more concerned with Nate LaPoint's readiness. I feel a real key to the weekend will be his ability to keep the water bottles topped up.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Speaking of NoDak, the Sioux, Gasparini and the Western Canada Goon Squad and water bottles, this never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXsmGTQz-I&t=108s
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-02-2017, 12:33 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Bill Howard's 100% total disdain of the Sue in the broadcasts was a thing of beauty. He had NO use for those players or coaches. Those feelings are what make a great rivalry.
          We loved Howie because he was just like us.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Speaking of NoDak, the Sioux, Gasparini and the Western Canada Goon Squad and water bottles, this never gets old.

Geez, that now categorized as violent enough to be age restricted? What kind of pussified panzyassed world do we live in?

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
              Did you ever manage to pull off the Gordie Howe hat trick?
              No, I am a fun drunk and have been known to buy drinks for complete strangers.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

That really is the best video ever. Just love Howie tearing ND a new one. I sure miss him on the radio now, but Ian Perin sp? is similar for home games.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  That really is the best video ever. Just love Howie tearing ND a new one. I sure miss him on the radio now, but Ian Perin sp? is similar for home games.
                  My wife was POSITIVE that Ian was Howie when she heard him the other day. He's quite good.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  No, I am a fun drunk and have been known to buy drinks for complete strangers.
                  Man, I miss bars where things like that happen. Georgia really isn't that way. I offered to buy someone, who I had been talking to for a good hour (a 50+ old guy at the bar,) a drink the other day and they looked at me like I had 3 arms.
                  Last edited by gwhinwi; 11-02-2017, 01:29 PM.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Howie was a Grand Forkser and has had deep resentment issues ever since (along with well-known harsh toilet training issues).

And as Wisko says, he's just like y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      My wife was POSITIVE that Ian was Howie when she heard him the other day. He's quite good.
                      I was too, at first I was super jacked up it was Howie, then the more I listened, the more I was doubtful until Posick spilled the beans. They are cut from the same cloth for sure. I enjoy Ian very much. I wish he traveled too.

Comment

It always was, and maybe still is, a ****ing great team & fan rivalry, but (as we say here in W'sconsin) "lemme tell ya'", they were the best visiting fans that I partied with (no disrespect to goof fans; maybe a little) and showed up in numbers. They were welcome to the old Blue Line Club at the Coliseum. Came early & stayed late and when we were thrown out we continued at Jingles Coliseum Bar, Alt-N-Bachs or wherever else. I am curious to see if they still travel well.

I haven't been to Greater Grand for 10 years, but I will go the next time the Badgers are scheduled there. Anybody else ever go to the old Winter Sports Center in GF? I'm a 2 timer; the 2nd and final time I didn't think I was getting out alive! Looking forward to seeing The Ralph again.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-02-2017, 03:51 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

The goal by Robbie at the end was a real beauty. Wasn't UW down 3-0 at one point during that game and Robbie had a natural hat trick to win 4-3 in ot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUKO_esFC4

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            The goal by Robbie at the end was a real beauty. Wasn't UW down 3-0 at one point during that game and Robbie had a natural hat trick to win 4-3 in ot?

That would be a true statement. Never seen/heard a better crowd than that night at the Kohl Center.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              That would be a true statement. Never seen/heard a better crowd than that night at the Kohl Center.
                              I missed that night. Worst game to miss.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post

I was at that heartbreaker, as well as the two January games in 2000 when Hukalo shoved two OT daggers in Sioux hearts everywhere. Those were among the best two college hockey games I've ever seen, even though the wrong team won both of them. Those nights were both electric. Heatley, Reinprecht, Panzer, Goehring . . . good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X