X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Comment

A new commit apparently, but haven't seen this elsewhere yet ... he's 16 and will be playing for Carleton Place (CCHL) next season. 5'11", 154 pounds ... from North Bay, Ontario. He played last season for the North Bay Trappers (GNML) with a 17-37-54 in 36 games.

He was just picked in the second round of the OHL draft last week as well.

NZ has him as a 3.5* recruit, and had this to say about the young d-man back in October of 2018.
      Ben Brunette #28 (D, L, 5’10”, 160 lbs, Powassan, 2002)-This defenseman was a call up from the midget team and played like a veteran. He plays a physical tough defensive game and has an offensive upside. He moves the puck and jumps into the offensive hole joining the play. He has played two games this year with a point in each game. He was their best defenseman in that game. He will play at the next level. Grade A-
      Last edited by UMLFan; 04-15-2019, 12:38 PM.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

And now I see the tweet that Middle Street just posted. So there's my confirmation!
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

Nice pick up

Comment

Monty

Comment

Monday's results:

CCHL - Carleton Place defeated Ottawa 4-1 to even the series at one game a piece. Jackson Sterrett had an assist for Carleton Place. Owen Cole went scoreless for Ottawa.
              USHL - Des Moines defeated Fargo 7-3 to take game one of the series. Matt Brown had a goal and an assist. He was also named 2nd star.
              AJHL - Brooks defeated Spruce Grove 5-1 to take a 3-0 lead in the series. Andranik Armstrong did not play.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Matt Brown not listed in the NHL's final Central Scouting ... he was ranked 199 in the mid-term rankings. Same with Andre Lee, who had been 167.
                Ben Meehan did get added at 139.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  A tough night for Aidan Harper and Sioux City as they were defeated by Tri City 6-1 tonight.

https://www.ushl.com/view#/game-summary/8543
                  https://www.musketeershockey.com/new...e/show/1012591
                  Twelve players were scratched for Sioux City in favor of some younger affiliates looking to get their first taste of USHL action. It was a learning experience for the young players who found their way into the lineup against a full strength Tri-City team. None saw more action then goaltender Aidan Harper who faced 36 shots and stopped 30 of them.

Comment

I'm not sure if Lowell would have any interest. Jacob had 66 points (22-44-66) in 102 games played with RPI.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...jacob-hayhurst

Comment

Tuesday's results:

USHL
                      - Des Moines defeated Fargo in OT 3-2 winning the series 2-0. Matt Brown had two goals and was named the 2nd star.
                      - Sioux Falls took game one of their series with Sioux City 2-1. Andre Lee had the game winner and was named 1st star. Carl Berglund and Brian Chambers went scoreless.
                      AJHL
                      - The Brooks Bandits are the AJHL Champions as they defeated Spruce Grove 2-0, sweeping the series 4-0. Andranik Armstrong did not play. Brooks will advance to a best-of-seven series versus the BCHL Champion. The winner will advance to the Junior A National Championships.
                      BCHL
                      - Prince George took a 3-0 lead in their series as they defeated Vernon 4-3 in OT. Logan Neaton had 44 saves on 47 shots and was named 3rd Star.
                      Last edited by boblav1; 04-17-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Tuesday's results:

USHL
                        - Des Moines defeated Fargo in OT 3-2 winning the series 2-0. Matt Brown had two goals and was named the 2nd star.
                        - Sioux Falls took game one of their series with Sioux City 2-1. Andre Lee had the game winner and was named 1st star. Carl Berglund and Brian Chambers went scoreless.
                        AJHL
                        - The Brooks Bandits are the AJHL Champions as they defeated Spruce Grove 2-0, sweeping the series 4-0. Andranik Armstrong did not play. Brooks will advance to a best-of-seven series versus the BCHL Champion. The winner will advance to the Junior A National Championships.
                        Good stuff I think another shortie brown

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Tuesday's results:

USHL
                          AJHL
                          Brooks will almost certainly face Prince George as they took a 3-0 series lead last night. They have won 12 straight.

It’s good to see all of these recruits going on deep playoff runs.

Comment

Also, I just noticed Brooks is hosting the Jr. A national championship, so they will participate no matter what. I think with Brooks winning the AJHL the eventual BCHL champion has clinched a berth as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              Also, I just noticed Brooks is hosting the Jr. A national championship, so they will participate no matter what. I think with Brooks winning the AJHL the eventual BCHL champion has clinched a berth as well.
                              Good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                And now I see the tweet that Middle Street just posted. So there's my confirmation!

Comment

Working...
                                X